Guest viewing is limited

THR my new hips

Well we made it back from California on Monday. Just under 2000 miles in 5 days. I did all the driving. It was clear sailing on the way down but hit snow on the way back. I can’t complain it’s risky taking a long trip like that in the North West in February. Idaho to California. My hips did realy well considering all the sitting. After driving I was stiff but I was still able to walk it off.
 
Amazing!!
Glad you are back safe and sound.
Onward and upward.
Hope you had a blast:yes!:
 
Happy Friday!
Glad you made the trip safely. That's a lot of driving in 5 days.
It's wonderful to hear how your hips held up!
Can you imagine road tripping like that with the old hips? :nah:
I hope your weekend is great @Gone again
 
Thought I’d check in and say hello to all my BoneSmart friends. Monday will be 15 weeks for my second hip. And about 9 months for my first hip. I’m vary happy with the outcome of my hips. No regrets. On my three month check up I had them exray my right knee because it’s been bothering me for some time. As I feared it’s almost bone on bone. We’re taking the wait and see approach. I’m in no hurry for another operation.
The new hips are great and getting better all the time. We are finally getting good weather and hopefully the snow will be gone soon. I’m looking forward to walking the trails and getting on the bike again.
 
had them exray my right knee because it’s been bothering me for some time. As I feared it’s almost bone on bone.
Oh dear - more bionic parts in your future. Hope you can wait and see long enough to enjoy those new hips. Thanks for the update!
 
Glad hips are doing so well @Gone again. Being able to get outside and move around is a wonderful thing. Don’t blame you for taking a wait and see on knee.
 
Glad you, like myself, are pleased with those new hips.
Aaargh on the knee.
Good you popped in as I have wondered how you were. Hope weather is getting better too so you can enjoy yourself.:wave:
 
You sound great @Gone again
So happy to hear it. I'm sorry about the knee.
I found out I had arthritis in mine at 6 mo checkup also.
PA said might need replacement when I'm 90, hahaha!
Well....we've heard here many times there is no way of judging that. I'll worry about it when / if the time comes. One day at a time. At least the hip pain is gone and they're serving you well. Enjoy the nicer weather and walks outdoors. A great week to you!
 
Hello all I’m doing a drive by. Almost six months since the last THR. About eleven since the first one. I spend most of my time out in the shop working on the old hotrod. It’s been a couple of years since I was able to work on it. The old hips weren’t up to it. But now I can get on a creaper and get under it. Don’t get me wrong I’m not 50 anymore. But it sure is good to be able to get around again. The hope is to have it running this year.
Last week I had an MRI to see what a lump was in my right thigh. Just a fatty mass so that was good. But the MRI did show more torn cartilage in my right knee. It’s not bad enough for replacing yet. But when the time comes I won’t hesitate.
The weather here still isn’t cooperating. Had almost 2 inches of snow yesterday then the sun popped out just in time for a nice sunset.i walk as much as possible. When shopping I’ll park in the back of the lot. And I always take the stairs. Still haven’t done much with the bike it’s just to cold and wet.
Tomorrow is JRAD.
 
Great update @Gone again
It's nice to hear you're back doing things that became difficult pre-op.
Sorry to hear about your knees. I got the same news back in December.
Funny thing, they don't bother me, so I'll just pretend I didn't hear that news :heehee:
Your weather must have made it here. Blizzard conditions as I type. It's getting old :yawn:
A great week to you!
 
Hi @Gone again :wave:
Great for hips behaving...Boo for bad knees.
I have too admit I get to wondering what it may eventually affect on my other joints.
So far so good:fingersx:
Hope you have a Good Day:) :-) (:
 
Hope all is well with you.
How are the knees? Kneed I ask:heehee:
Bone on bone is bad bad.
Have you decided to get that done as well?
Just wishing you all the best and hop:SUNsmile:ing you are getting some nice weather.
 
:wave:
Aren't you due for another drive by? Love to hear how you're doing...
Can you believe you're parking in the back of the lot at stores
and tackling stairs when given the opportunity?
Life changing this THR is. Look at the difference a year makes.
We're coming up on a year. I'm only 8 days behind you.
Hope you're doing well and enjoying Spring!
@Gone again
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom