THR my new hips

Hi @Gone again
It's great to hear you were able to handle a camping trip with your new hip.
It's too bad your other is now acting up and you're feeling it could be time for replacement.
Hopefully if you do decide on surgery soon, your anxiety will be low having just experienced it all.
Wishing you the best as you meet with the surgeon this week.
 
@Gone again great update!! I'm so sorry it was the "new bad" hip that kept you from activity-- uneven ground is a new frontier to conquer with a new hip, besides! Took me many months with my first hip to be able to stop worrying about the jarring sensation. This hip, for whatever reason, I was perfectly fine at about 7-8 weeks (I'm 10+ now). So if I step off into an invisible grasshole, my immediate thought is not, "don't jar the hip", it's rather my old standby, "CRINGE at thought of spraining an ankle YET AGAIN"! I've sprained both ankles so many times that I can recreate the pain just by writing about it.

I do hope so much that your OS will say yes, and when would you like to schedule that right hip for, sir?
 
@Gone again Uneven ground is the worst. I had to staff our company booth at a festival two weeks ago. Uneven and muddy ground. My hip hurt two days afterwards. Two steps forward and one back gets you there, eventually, lol
 
This right hip is totally different than the left was before THR. Left hip hurt constantly. Right hip will be ok for a couple days then will quickly degrade. Right side looked worse in all the X-rays. Doc said it's bone on bone in a few places and should be killing me. It's bad but not like the other side was. Waiting for a surgery date now. Hopefully it's not to far off. Doc said the hip is probably irritating the knee and suggests a wait and see approach for the knee. I guess that makes sense. We know the hip is shot.
 
@Gone again
I am 3 and 1/2 weeks post 2nd posterior hip surgery. My surgeries were are 4 months apart. I can honestly said, since the 2nd surgery my movement is so much smoother.
My biggest problem is correcting my gait. PT mentioned that now I am retraining my muscle to function correctly. Strengthening and lengthening them. I didn't realize how much I had right my hips and legs had become.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
@Gone again Hello! Hope all goes well when you see your OS. I'm very cautious walking on hills and uneven ground. I still use my cane in parking lots, stores etc. People are actually nicer and smile lol, an added plus!
 
So sorry you have to go thru this again. But as we read here, many do.
With it not being your first rodeo, you'll know more what to expect and how
quickly you come around post op.
Best Wishes for a surgery date soon so you can put this chapter behind you.
Hope you have a great weekend! @Gone again
 
Hi @Gone again . Hope your weekend is peaceful. Got any idea about a surgery date? Do you have another appointment.
My two new hips are just what I needed to keep on keeping on. (Yep, I'm bragging):egypdance: Hard to think of starting recovery again in guessing...glad my doc said both mine were equally shot so when I asked which to do first ....he said flip a coin.:nah:
Let us know how you are. Thinking of you!
 
@Mojo333 You, Brag. I don't blame you, you've earned it. My OS won't do twosie. And I'm ok with that. I'm going to call them today and try to get a date. I'm supposed to wait for them to call me but I didn't last time either. I'm leaving this afternoon to go sit in camp with a bunch of Elk hunters from church for a week. So I won't be checking in for a while. No cell service in the deep woods of Idaho but we may get some snow.
Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
 
I'm so jealous about your trips to the woods. I'm am Air Force brat who grew up on military bases for the most part, so when my dad retired in GA I fell instantly in love with all that nature.
My sister married a "country boy" and they've always had farm land, hunting land, etc. Took ATV it to put up trail cameras yesterday as the have been deer signs and scrapes appearing.
You just never know what you are going to see.
Happy hunting...
 
Last edited:
@Gone again To concur with your new opinion after camping and the other reports ... 'uneven ground is new territory'. I was quite surprised last week in my first post-LTHR foray into the forest (mature boreal forest, recently logged areas, restored sites after industrial disturbance) how difficult it was and the level of pain I soon felt when lifting my legs over dead-fall and such. I generally feel pretty good, and am recently managing decent speed 11 km road rides each day to and from work along with some gym workouts and/or physio that includes a number of step routines to strengthen glutes and quads. Nonetheless, before the day was out on each of my 3 days in the field last week, I had to help my leg with my left arm to manage some larger steps in the forest to avoid pain. I think I avoided over-doing it as I had no lingering effects in subsequent days but was a little worried that I was pushing things since we all hate going backwards while trying to recover.
 
Well just got back. I just stayed in camp while others went hunting. Surgery date is Oct 30th a lot sooner than I thought it was going to be :yes!: Im more than ready.
 
Hi @Gone again
Wow....you truly don't have long to wait.
That's a good thing. Helps with any pre-surgery jitters
which it doesn't sound like you're experiencing. So let's get this show on the road!
Sorry you're in pain. Had to be a bummer while in the woods.

Best part is...you know this drill...and you'll soon be saying bye-bye hip pain!
Being a pro at this you realize how quickly recovery can move along.
You're going to be feeling so much better by the holidays......I'm happy for you!
Best wishes for a good weekend.
 
@dougie0216 I was raised in Berkeley so a Hippie is easy. Think they will let me play bongos in the hospital :rotfl:
This right hip is unpredictable it's been so so for days but today it's suddenly vary unhappy. So I'm back on the Tylenol. RTHR in two weeks and counting. @Layla yes this one should be a lot less stressful and by next summer I should be good to go:yes!:
@BoryMcDune next year I hope to be back into the woods.Ive got fire wood to cut.
 
Have it all done for 2018. I am glad you will be all done.
I would suppose you are happy to be finished but not overjoyed at redoing the recovery process.
Hope this one is easy peasy.
Have a great day. I have two meetings after work today...one with the infamous directors board.

Definition of Board of Directors:
12 people who ignore the organization for 3 and one half weeks and then meet once per month to discuss and decide on operational protocols that will make life harder on the operators.:doh:
 
One thing I really loved about my PT ....she made me walk outside on all kinds of terrain... @Gone again

Helped when I went to the beach.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom