Guest viewing is limited

THR my new hips

@Gone again we'll make a little conga line for our heel'n'toe walking, smaller steps than we want, so the strong can support the weak....:egypdance:

And wow! Cooking soup stews, yummy freezer full. My hat's off to you, man, and I know your wife's is too! My hubby cleaned and changed four litter boxes for me last night, that's his nasty chore for the week done. That's better than any amount of cooking-- at least the cooking smells good! Last hip I had a nice level place to do the litter boxes, and a waist-hugh bench to wok on them with. This house, I have to take each one down two un-railing-ed steps just to get to where I can work on them, arrgghh. Hubby do for a while, I think. Poor guy.
 
Day 59 and all is well. I walked a total of 3.5 miles yesterday According to the Fit Bit.great little gadget to keep track of your movement. 20 minutes on the stationary bike. About an hour to mow the lawn with riding mower. miscellaneous shopping with five stops. I'm a little sore in the mornings but ok after my Tylenol. With no noticeable swelling. Still do the drunken walk for first few steps. The Cain helps for that. Then I just carry the Cain.
I push myself to do stairs normally. Well kind of normal. Our house has three levels so it's stairs all day. One of the stops was Lowes for an 80lb bag of concrete. That was to much. Our daughters cat died suddenly with what must have been a stroke.Dude was only 7 and seemed healthy. We buried him in our little cemetery on the property. The concrete is for marker I'll make for him today.
 
Sorry about your daughters cat @Gone again so hard for people to lose beloved pets.
So kind of you to create a grave marker, I'll bet that's touching for your daughter.
It sounds as though you're making great strides (no pun intended) Lots of walking and just living life.

I find with the steps if I start out as instructed Down with the Bad....Up with the Good it works well.
Sometimes I forget and do the old one step at a time, catch myself and laugh because I find it difficult to correct myself until I get to the first landing.

Wishing you a great day.....we're starting out rainy here : (
 
@Gone again wow, that's a lot of miles. I am afraid that if I did as much walking as I am able, I wouldn't get the other necessary things done. Also it's too darn hot and humid out.

Your poor daughter and her kitty! You are so sweet to keep the family cemetery going, with markers and all! And yes, 80 lbs is way too much for another few months!

My pre-emptive move for the "drunk walk" works so long as I know I'm going to be getting up. I do this primarily in the car, but it works anywhere. I do a ton of glute squeezes, quad contractions, and anything else there's room to do with my legs. It makes the drunkness shorter-lived.
 
No buttons to Like be friendly, or deem useful. But glad to know you are moving around and doing well. Careful careful with moving that kind of weight. You just had a tierod hammered ( oops, Josephine saya don't say hammered, say gently tapped) down into your femer. Let that sucker get fixed in there snug!!!
Hope you have a great weekend.
(We have had 105 heat indices thus week, rain might be nice)
 
Rain would be wonderful.we have been dry for like two months. I took it a little easer yesterday. Felt tired. But I did get out the new carpet cleaner and clean one short flight of seven steps.
We're taking the grandkids to the Oregon coast next weekend so getting ready for that. also taking the dog so I'll need to put the conopy back on the truck.
I'll bet the like,helpful buttons appear soon. They save on typing .
 
Last edited:
@Layla 22 steps in all outside to living room. I started doing them normally as soon as possible.maybe I'm just impatient but one at a time takes forever. I use the Cain for assistance plus railing.
 
Wow! You're sounding like @dougie0216
I need to hurry and catch up........wait........wait, as she huffs and puffs!!
A great weekend to you @Gone again
 
@Gone again you keep talking about your Cain.... are you going to be Abel enough to ditch the Cain soon? :snork::rotfl:

I'm glad you took it a little easier-- that always helps me if I went overboard in activity. Since I'm a month behind you, overboard is easier to do for me.

I am also traveling next week, to someplace as beautiful as the Oregon coast-- Cape Cod, and a family house on the water. Lots of family fun with representatives of all four branches of immediate family under one roof. I am really sad that I won't be able to participate in the frequent "walks into town", a two-mile total walk. :cry:
 
@zauberflöte I'd love to loose the Cain, and I do loose it all the time but it's those first few steps after sitting or driving that I need it. I'm trying to flex The gluts before standing.
@MyAussieGirl your sweet thank you. @Layla I guess I am pushing it a little but not to the point of il affect. Although the stairs do take a lot of effort. I added resistance to the recumbent bike today all the way to #2 for 20 minutes. More effort. I'm pooped:yawn:
 
I'm still using the cane too @Gone again until I can walk with no limp I will need to keep using it. I believe we have come a long ways and it's not a concern. I wish you well. I am also sorry about your daughter losing her kitty. Losing a pet is hard. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Broke a milestone yesterday 10'000 steps on Fitbit.i was moving all day. Wow I'm sore this morning.I ticked off my unoperated hip. New hip isn't bad.1000mg of Tylenol took care of most of it. Man I need to get serious and loose some weight. If I can stay outside and out of the kitchen it will happen.
Harvested the last of our bend over peaches yesterday. Wow are they good.
 
Oh my stars, I would love some fresh peaches. Our Georgia peaches had a bad year due to Hurricane Matthew .
Fresh hot cobbler a la mode.
Oops...sorry Gone again, that's not helpful with the losing weight thing. Stick to peach only. Vitamin C for healing.
I know dropping weight has helped with my hips
 
Hey @Gone again I haven't meant to but have lost maybe 13 pounds recently it's helpful on the hips. I don't think I've walked miles like you and many others have. I don't have places here marked but I imagine all my housewife junk adds up to 2 miles. You MAY be pushing it but I don't know. Hugs
 
wowee @Gone again that's plenty of steps! I don't have a step counter on my phone-- all that location would chew up my poor battery.

We have VA peaches that are pretty darn good. A little watery, but that may be the variety. I believe I will be up for apple picking this fall!!!! I stepped, with my left foot, in a very small pothole in the yard this afternoon during the eclipse, and it didn't do anything. :egypdance: :dancy: Rough orchard terrain, here I come!

I lost 30 lbs in the past couple of years but am afraid I will gain some back, which is ticking me off, as I can now fit into almost all of my skinny clothes. One pair of fall jeans that I love are not wanting to zip up, so maybe I'll say that's my hip swelling moved north.....
 
Thanks all for the response. It's week #9 and the last couple of days I've been sore. So it's a roller coaster. Haven't been on the stationary recumbent bike in two days. Only doing about half of the 10,000 steps I was so proud of Sunday. So ya I overdid it.
May your ice pack never melt.:ice:
 
Last edited:
@Gone again so sorry.... but yeah, it will improve, and soon enough that 10,000 steps will be the norm!

I love love love "may your ice pack never melt", that has to be our new motto here, kind of like Live Long and Prosper! Secret password to get into the clubhouse! Random sign-off on emails to clueless colleagues! :loll:
 
You just had to check out that ODIC.....didn't ya @Gone again? Lol!
I've yet to peek in that door but I already know I wouldn't like the place
from all the others who've entered!
Sorry you're in pain. I hope it resolves itself soon.
To better days ahead.....
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom