MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

Hi @LindaO, yes my day is almost here. I am spending the weekend getting the house ready again! I'm also making body scrub as thank you gifts for my daughters baby shower. The shower is on the 17th, just 12 days after my surgery. I need to do what I am doing for it now! She has 48 on her invite list so I am making 48 jars of body scrub with essential oils today!

Thankfully my sweet hubby is vacuuming and mopping so I don't have to. I have just a little bit of cleaning left. I had put my throw rugs back out so I have to get them out back away, all those things we have to think about!
 
Good to hear your trip was a success. I'm just in awe of those who have staged TKRs! You all are my heros!
 
What a wonderful trip for you! You look like your Mom! You looked great carrying the flag and so natural!

Wow! 48 jars to make but what a wonderful gift! At least it will keep your mind busy! Congratulations on your upcoming grandchild!

Just a couple more days and you will be on the other side once again! I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers!
 
You look Fantastic! It is wonderful that you were able to have a good visit with your mom before your next surgery. I will be thinking about you on Monday.
 
Love the pics. You & your mom are beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Good luck Monday. I'll be following closely since our journeys are similar,only im a few weeks later. I keep trying to walk upstairs using the baby knee more to get ready for when she has to take over. So scary.
 
Glad your trip went well, great pictures! Good luck Monday, I will be thinking of you!
 
i loved the pics of you and your mom and what an honour you carried the flag in her honour. was it heavy? i've never carried a flag like that before. best wishes to you for another successful surgery and recovery.
 
Thank you for sharing about your Mom, including the pictures! What an honor to carry the flag for her! Good luck on Monday!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@becticu, we haven't met, but I so enjoyed your story and photos about your Mom and carrying the flag for her on Memorial Day! I lost my wonderful Mom 17 years ago and still miss her, now more than ever. In fact, on a bad night recently, my husband was asking what I needed to make me fell better, and at the age of 64, I said, "My Mom!" It's wonderful to hear you were able to spend some meaningful time with her before your surgery on Monday. I wish you the very best in Recovery #2 and look forward to seeing your posts from the "Other Side."
 
I loved the photos of you and your mom. What joy your mom must have felt having you carry the flag in her place! It was an uplifting post! Thank you for brightening our days!
 
Thanks everyone that wrote all the sweet things about my Mom. @Pheebs52 I am the same way. At 61 sometimes I just want to talk to my Mom. I'm thankful to still have her but really miss her being able to talk to me.

It's the night before and I don't know if I should be calm because I know what to expect tomorrow or terrified because I know what to expect. That's a little bit of a joke and a little bit of reality.

I have to be there at 10 and surgery at 2pm. I was hoping for an earlier case but that's what I got. I need to decide on a new name for my continuing thread, I will check in on the other side!:dancy:
 
Calming vibes to you. I go through lots of moments of panic over surgery #2. But you got this!
 
Warm and calm thoughts to take you to the other side! Stay positive and know we will all be here for you any time you need us! :prayer::angel:
 
Thanks @LindaO, I am trying to settle down so I can sleep but I think it's gonna be one of those nights. At least I get to sleep tomorrow. I hope you are doing well. I'm going to try and catch up on threads tonight while I get sleepy.

@Celle, could you please change my title to "My LTKR journey continues to RTKR"? Thanks so much and for all you do. I'll look forward to getting my reading material again and maybe it will stick better this time and I won't fall off the wagon so much!:fingersx: :spin:
 
I've changed your thread title,Becky.
Best wishes for the right knee.

And here's your post-op reading:
Knee Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now; they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)
don't overwork.​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. Here is a week-by-week guide for Activity progression for TKRs


The Recovery articles:
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?

Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key

Ice to control pain and swelling
Heel slides and how to do them properly

Chart representation of TKR recovery
Healing: how long does it take?

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

There are also some cautionary articles here
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.
 
Sending good vibes to you and to operation staff and nursing staff that all is optimal :friends:for this second TKR. Sending hugs too.:tada:
 
Becky, you have lots of us praying for you. You'll be just fine! You've got this!
 
@becticu, thinking of you this morning and sending you positive thoughts and calming vibes to guide you safely to the *Other Side.* You're a pro now and I know you'll be able to handle the recovery with strength, grace and wisdom. :thumb:
 
Backyard, I know you are at the hospital but I wanted you to know that I am praying for you. See you on the other side.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom