@Minnie's knees I am doing very well, thank you! I'm sorry to hear about the "log leg" you have been experiencing. I hope your visit with the OS will give you some good advice for getting better quickly. I really believe this knee is going to heal much faster than my left knee did. The last time, about this far out, I was very bruised and very swollen from my hip all the way to my toes. With this one, the bruising is almost completely gone, and not a lot of visible swelling. Just enough swelling inside to keep that tight band feeling, but I can live with that for a while. Even though these are both MY knees and they were done by the same surgeon, they have been very different, and I'm told both of them have been normal. I guess it just verifies the fact that "normal" for every knee can look very different. I hope you continue to improve and feel better soon!
I have physical therapy this morning so I'll be leaving shortly. Then this afternoon I have to go into the office. I have a meeting with a prospective new customer. So this afternoon I have to look and act like a business professional instead of a joint replacement patient. Ya think I can pull that off?
@ConnieJOS I do believe you can!!!! But please be careful. You're barely three weeks post op. I'm not going to go in at you. I don't know anyone's personal circumstances. There may be a good reason for you to have to do this. It's nine of my business. I care about you as a fellow Bonesmartie and just don't want anything to happen to such an amazing person!!! All those ops I a year. Please be careful xxxx
Thanks for your support! @Nana moon 27 , I have had to work somewhat throughout all the surgeries. It's a small business and I have three employees, one of which is my son, who can handle day to day business. But there are some things that as the owner I just have to be involved in or my business would suffer. I was even doing some problem solving type calls from my hospital bed! I'll only have to be there for a couple of hours today though. I went to PT this morning. ROM measured at 131, ext is zero. Yay! I did get to come home and ice for an hour but I'm heading to the office now.
And also, @Nana moon 27 , I'm not quite TWO weeks post op, much less three! (It will be two weeks tomorrow.)
I had my follow up with the OS today. He said everything looks good. We talked a lot about my PT. Since I only had 4 visits left that insurance will cover, we are spreading them out to only once a week. I've had two, and I have one more Monday and another the next Monday. He wants to work with me to get me more if I want it, but he said the main thing we work on in PT is ROM and ext. So since my ROM is already 131 and ext is 0, he said I really don't need it. He said my main thing now is strength, and riding a bike, practicing with stairs, and walking is the best thing for that. So I'm just going to have my two more visits and work on it myself after that.
Here's what my knee looks like at 16 days post op.
And here is my x-ray showing both of my "get around" knees.
@ConnieJOS at times like these with Janet I wish we had phone numbers, this waiting and worrying well its I find it amazing how we can get so attached to people we don't know in person, but feel like we know them Does that make sense?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.