TKR My Life on the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gr82cu2 I did that at first, but I use my email for business too and my mailbox kept getting loaded up with bonesmart notifications, I decided to stop that. I like choosing "watched threads". It brings up a list of all the unread posts on each of my watched threads in one place. It works well. I think in general, bonesmart is hard to learn to get around in. For example, in facebook you will be notified if anyone posts on a thread you have also posted on. That doesn't happen here. Until I figured out whose threads I wanted to watch, I'd just come on and think no one was talking. Then I'd find out you were all talking on somebody's thread that I didn't know about. I guess I miss having a friends list. But the watched threads list is the closest thing I've found.
 
I like choosing "watched threads". It brings up a list of all the unread posts on each of my watched threads in one place.

Could you help me with this. I've selected some `watched threads', but no where do I get a list of all the unread posts on each of my watched threads. Sometimes I don't even get an alert from a watched thread - I think this is not uncommon.
 
Hi @ConnieJOS, Hope you are doing well and are keeping the pain at bay. I hope the pain does not become worse for you as time goes on. Are you going to be receiving PT in your home? Take good care of yourself. Well wishes going your way. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
No, @chestnc , I will have outpatient PT. My first appointment is Monday at 3:30. I was lucky the first few days, not much pain and swelling. It's bruising more now, and it's been getting really stif. I've been doing the exercises the hospital PTs recommend for early on, and they are pretty simple and not strenuous at all. And I've iced it a lot. For me, the most painful time with my others wS 7 to ten days out.

And how are you doing?
 
Hi @ConnieJOS, glad to hear you are doing well. I just cannot imagine having all 4 done and in the same year, :wow: Oh my goodness. I give you a lot of credit and you are so brave. I am actually doing well. Yesterday I woke up not feeling well and kind of hurting all over which was due to the RA, but the knee feels good thank goodness. :fingersx:. Hope you continue to do well. I only had pain soon after I came home as the pain meds stopped working. As soon as I got that changed and under control, I was fine and able to manage the pain with the pain medication changed. Continue to feel well. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I thought I was going to have it made with this one. With 131 ROM day after surgery, I was walking around at the hospital and doing physical therapy with little to no pain. I should have known better! It just can't be that easy. My tight band feeling has come on with a powerful vengeance. The swelling has started and it's different than my other knee. Most of the arthritis damage on this one was under my knee cap, so I'm sure that's where they had to do the most work. It feels like it's swelling under my knee cap and the pain is on the front, very close to the surface. Trying to do the straight leg lifts is almost unbearable, even with full dosage of pain meds. It doesn't hurt constantly, just when I move it. But when I start to lift it, it sends a stabbing, burning sensation under the knee cap. I feel like the swelling is pushing my knee cap outward, so compression stockings to counteract that seems to help some. I've been resting, icing, medicating, and elevating so I don't know what else to do. If it's still like this Monday, it will be a very painful PT session.
 
Hi Connie, I wouldn't even try to advise a veteran like yourself. I think you are doing everything you can to keep your latest TKR happy. It took me a while to understand why some recoveries are easier than others - even with the same person.

Then I remembered my basic physics ie, that nothing can be duplicated exactly. There are so many variables before/during/after the op to make each recovery unique.

If it's still like this Monday, it will be a very painful PT session.

Then perhaps you should give it a miss or scale it down. As they say on BS `you are in recovery not training.' But you knew that :wink:
 
Yes @patient 99 you are right. I plan to go, but Im hoping that since this is the first one it will be more of an assessment and be easier on the actual exercise. Each knee is in fact different. This one feels nothing like my first knee did. In fact, my first knee had more damage from the arthritis than this one did and had been in that shape much longer. I'm hoping the over all recovery of this one will be less traumatic. What I'm experiencing now is temporary (isn't everything?) so I just have to work through it.
 
What I'm experiencing now is temporary (isn't everything?)

I'd like to get into this, but I'd bore you to death - can't resist just a little response. Death is not temporary <chuckle>.

Something I'm curious about. You know people say having a hip replacement is so much easier than a knee replacement. What has been your experience?
 
@patient 99 Very true, death is not temporary. Well, unless you are Lazarus. :giggle:

Yes, I can tell you, the hips are way easier than the knees. You do have to take more precautions with the hips because they can dislocate much easier than the knees. And I don't think the knees are much MORE painful than the hips. It's just that the knees take so much longer. Hip pain prior to surgery is very intense. So right from the first, that deep joint pain and groin pain is gone. It's such a relief from day one! You do have pain from the incision, but in six weeks you just feel much, much better. After six weeks with my knee, I only felt a little better. Dealing with it every day started wearing me down mentally and emotionally. It was a much more trying experience than the hips. At least that has been my experience.

Connie
 
Maybe because you felt so good the first few days you overdid it? Maybe try doing no exercises today, baby it like crazy and hopefully tomorrow it will be better. It could be when you do the straight leg lifts something is irritating a nerve and causing the pain you are feeling. With all the swelling causing pressure I believe anything is possible. I remember feeling like it was pushing things out of where they were supposed to be and my knee cap was encased in swelling under and on top and it was just icky feeling. I hope it gets a lot better very soon for you. (((hugs)))
 
@gr82cu2 You have such a great way with words. When you describe things I'm just thinking "Yeah that's it! You hit the nail on the head!" :iagree:
 
@tiredwife I hate to be so much trouble, but I'm not so sure about him. I'm thinking REAL cowboy. This one looks more like a Chippendales dancer. He wouldn't want to be a cow hand because he'd be afraid to get his chaps dirty. :eeeuw: I think he needs less muscles and a shirt on. But thanks so much for all your efforts!
 
@ConnieJOS Try #2.
[Bonesmart.org] My Life on the Other Side
 
Oooh yeah @tiredwife. Now Ya got it! He's a keeper! You are getting very good at this. Maybe you should open a match making business! But pleasing a bunch of old women on narcotics with pictures of hunks may be a little easier than trying to match people in real life. :loll::loll::loll:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom