TKR My Life on the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTG @ConnieJOS :egypdance::wowspring::happydance:Wow what more can I say. Well done on the rom and flexion. Wowsers!!! Stay in touch, I'm ever so glad your op has been such a success
love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Thanks @Nana moon 27 ! I can't believe it either! I'm still at the hospital waiting for my OS to come in. I believe he will discharge me. I haven't been in for more than two days with any of these surgeries
 
She may not want to come home! I saw a picture of the sandwich she had at lunch in the hospital. Yummy! LOL!!!
 
I am home! The knee seems to be better than the last one. And guess what! My surgeon came in today and said for me to schedule my last four physical therapy sessions with Knoxville Orthopedics Center (the group that he is in.). Even though my insurance will only pay for four more sessions this year, he said "We will make sure you get what you need. It's not about money. That's not the way we do things." Can you believe it???

:wowspring::wowspring::wowspring:
 
Wow, your doctor is great, just great! He's obviously a top notch surgeon and has a big heart. He obviously wants his patients to do well and if he has to pitch in to make that happen so be it. Providing you some free PT sessions doesn't really cost them much. The space and equipment is there and I'm sure the PT's are on salary so he's doing the right thing. And that's totally awesome! Glad you are home and especially glad that you feel this knee is even better than the last. Your new pain free future is right around the corner now!
 
Thanks @gr82cu2 ,

It is really great of him.

The pain in this knee is so very different than the other one. Most of the arthritis in this knee was under the knee cap, leaving the knee cap scraping on the joint. The pain is intense at times but it's mostly in front and closer to the surface. But I'm sure a lot of it is just that I've done this three times already. Takes much of the fear factor out of it.

I'm so glad it's all over but the healing now, and I'm sure you will feel that way too!

Connie
 
Hey do you all depend on the alerts to see what people are posting? Seems I've been using them less and less. I just click on someone's name,then click on "postings", then at the bottom it says something like "see all threads by" this person, then I find their post op thread(s) and click "watch thread". Then I can click on my name, then "personal details" then "watched threads" and it shows me all unread postings in threads I'm watching. Like I said, you all probably know all this, but since I found this way I've seen a lot more of your all's threads, even if I'm not tagged or alerted. Just some FYI for anyone who may not know.

@gr82cu2 @marmora @tiredwife @chestnc @madinana @new knee in June @Lusknewknees @Nana moon 27 @Yorkimom @Minnie's knees @Lovestoread
 
@ConnieJOS It really depends on how much time I have! I usually have 30 or so alerts to go through, after I go through them if I still have time I try to check on other people.
 
@tiredwife I tend to do this instead of going through each alert. Unless I'm missing something, now that I'm watching so many threads, looking at unread posts in watched threads is much faster than going through the alerts, and I still get them even if I'm not tagged. But, as they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat :mooncat: (poor kitty) so I guess we do what we like. To each his own! :chuckmarch:
 
@ConnieJOS I am so glad you are keeping ahead of your pain I was just swelling and pain free until today so now I got to get under control Keep on doing well you will be home before you need it
 
@ConnieJOS awesome on the rom and extension just don't over do and go
[Bonesmart.org] My Life on the Other Side
in the streets :heehee:
 
I figure after my next one is done the first one will go on the back burner, LOL!! I rely on email notifications from the threads I'm watching. I rarely ever to up through my notifications at the top of the page. Unfortunately I lose a thread now and then. I think the emails don't always come through or something.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom