Guest viewing is limited

TKR My Life on the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lusknewknees We got this! Try not to worry too much about it. I was scared going into the first one too, but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. Really and truly! we will have to try to touch base with each other as soon as possible afterward and compare notes. We will laugh or cry or whatever we need to do!
 
Good luck to all of you! I will be anxious to hear how you all are doing. Hopefully the 2nd one (for those doing the 2nd one) will be easier. I know I'm hoping for that.

Connie I haven't seen too much from you the past week or so. I hope everything is going well. Take care!
 
I'm doing fine @gr82cu2 , just haven't posted a lot. Been lurking and trying to keep up with everyone though! Hope you have a good night.
 
@ConnieJOS I had my pre admission appointment yesterday too. It made it very real for me. We are all so close to our surgery dates. This being my first knee my nerves are definitely showing. I know if you can do 4 surgeries in less than a year I can manage 1 new knee. :) @ConnieJOS and @madinana I am glad to be going through with my experienced triplet sisters and knowing @gr82cu2 is only a couple of weeks behind us. @Lusknewknees we are lucky to have all of their experience to help us through this. Best wishes to everyone for a great last week before surgery :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
 
@Minnie's knees Try not to be too scared! :yikes: I know you can't help it, and I admit I'm a tad bit nervous even though it's my fourth one! But we will all do just fine. The thought of it is worse than the real thing in many ways, and as you said, we are in good company.

And thanks Cathie @marmora for stopping in to say hello. You seem like such a sweet person, and it's so awesome that we can meet up here on bonesmart from all around the world.

Thanks for the encouragement @referee54 ! I'll have two new hips and two new knees after this one. I may not be pain free for a while. I know it takes time, but it will be so worth it!:happydance:
 
What a day! I worked all day, then went to the grocery store to pick up a few things, then went out to dinner with my husband, then made a big pot of soup for our dinner tomorrow. Been on my feet a lot, for me anyway. My knees were aching by the time it was done! But I do believe my old knee is worse than my new one, so that's a good thing. Time to rest!

:dead:
 
Hello Connie @ConnieJOS

You're one busy woman and love homemade soup !

Definitely a winter warmer and takes the chill out of the bones.

RTKR on 21 October - WOW ! That has come around fast.

Take care and enjoy your pre- surgery weekend !

Cathie
 
@ConnieJOS you had a very busy day. Definitely time to rest. Any plans for your pre surgery weekend? My birthday is Saturday so my family is taking me out to eat and I have a few last minute things to do to get ready for surgery. I need to pick up a few groceries and snacks and tidy up the house one last time. I can't believe we are so close. @madinana on Monday, you and @Lusknewknees on Tuesday and me on Wednesday.
 
Kathy @Minnie's knees
I've been trying to find your own thread, but having no luck.

So, will wish you a Happy Birthday :happydance:
this weekend and warm wishes for your surgery next Wednesday.

Imagine, this day next week, you will be one day post-op,...

You will get lots of support here, as you know and we have come to know you and you us in this pre-surgery phase.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@Lusknewknees @ConnieJOS @madinana @Minnie's knees

:wowspring:You are all on count down and it probably seems that there is so much more to do and organise before your surgery next week.

Don't worry what you don't get down, as there is never enough time,...
But, those chores will be waiting for your after recovery.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@Lusknewknees @ConnieJOS @Minnie's knees I am ready bought the last thing today I got sneaker type shoe that can just slip on, kinda ugly :snork: but will do until swelling goes down. I am even all packed for the hospital except for last minute toiletries So it is a go us triplets are going boom boom boom I wish you all the best @Minnie's knees enjoy your birthday week end and See you all on the other side, I am already there :loll:from last knee but will be there again
 
@marmora @gr82cu2 @madinana @Minnie's knees @Lusknewkneesb
I don't really have any special plans for my final pre-surgery weekend. I'm sure we will go to a bar to watch our UT Vols play Ole Miss Saturday. :running: That may be more painful than my knee surgery! (Not looking good for the Vols.)

I think with this being my fourth surgery in seven months I just don't stress as much getting ready. I have been trying to get as much ahead at work as I can. I'm meeting with my CPA tomorrow to have the income taxreturn done for my business. My fiscal year ended sept 30, and we usually do the return in November or December, but I asked him to do it earlier this year since I may not feel like it later. It's about a two hour drive (to Cleveland, TN) from where I live. My mother is in an assisted living facility there also, so I will go by to visit her while I'm there, so that will be nice. I'm not looking forward to the four hour round trip drive and a very boring appointment talking taxes though! :yawn:

At home, I'm very fortunate. Whatever I don't get done, Melvin always comes through for me with his help. I take very little to the hospital. Really just a few toiletries and a couple of changes of clothes. I will spend a little more time making sure I'm well groomed before I go, shaving legs and armpits and trimming up the toenails! :heehee:

I have to start Saturday with my antiseptic scrub while showering, but other than that it's just a regular weekend. They will call me Monday to tell me the time of my surgery.

I'm sure glad the bonesmarties are here so I'm not going at this alone! :console2::console2::console2:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@marmora sorry you couldn't find my pre op thread. Thank you for the birthday wishes and on my surgery. I really appreciate it. I am so happy I found bonesmart and all of my new friends here. The support is awesome.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom