TKR My Life on the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're doing just fine. You'll find you're doing better all the time.
 
@ConnieJOS I was looking at your pictures and the first one with the bruising Oh my no wonder you were in such pain I see you are getting your second knee done day after me. I am praying my second will go as well as the first I had to stop therapy too, so have enough for my second knee. My first knee will go down the stairs like a big girl finally and half to do some exercising to get it stronger it is getting motivated is hard for me :yikes: and worry how it will be :bolt:on the other side as every where they tell you no two knees are alike :scare:I :angel: you have a successful second knee replacement too
 
Thanks for your words of encouragement @madinana ! I pray your second surgery goes smoothly as well. I'm doing ok, but there is still a long way to go. I'm not in a lot of pain, but I'm still extremely limited how long I can be on my feet. My knees and hips just feel tired, more muscular pain than joint pain, when I just walk about 1/4 mile. I can actually go down stairs with my new knee better than the non-surgical one. Of course I'm still healing from two relatively new hip replacements as well. I just feel that my non-surgical knee is limiting how much I can do to rehabilitate them all! It's a little scary going into it again this soon, but I just feel that I have to do it. My biggest problem is trouble sleeping. I quit my pain meds I think I was getting really dependent on the hydrocodone to relax and get to sleep at night. I'm going to need the pain meds to be in full effect after my next surgery so I thought it was best to stay off it for a month before the next surgery. I'm exhausted though, just feeling tense and anxious at night and can't get to sleep. Let's stay in touch and encourage each other as we go through this again!
 
It is, @Minnie's knees ! It will be here soon! I'm dreading going through it again, but it's somewhat exciting that this is the last one! I'm sure you will do great, and we will have several surgery buddies to share our ups and downs with.
 
@ConnieJOS I had my pre registration and tests today and boom it hit me this is really happening and two weeks From today will be in the or with my os :yikes:
 
@madinana @Minnie's knees @marmora Oh wow! Mine is two weeks from tomorrow! :sos: Yikes! At least I'm one of a set of triplets. Lol. I have my pre admission testing on 10/13. I can't believe its so close! I'm a little nervous because my left knee is far from being healed. But I know many people successfully have both done at the same time, so I can do it. I'm really limited how much exercise I can do for my left knee because the right one hurts. And that has kind of given me an excuse to be lazy and I know I'm not doing enough. I don't have much pain really, but I do if I walk for even a few minutes. I'm looking forward to really working to increase strength in both of them and my two new hips after this surgery. It's all about getting better after that.
 
Same here Connie! I want to get better and feel better. We all do! Arthritis is such a difficult thing to deal with. You need to exercise to keep your muscles strong to take the strain away from your joints but when it hurts so bad it's all but impossible. Some days I feel like a walking talking Celebrex commercial, LOL. We all will overcome this through our strength, spirit and camaraderie :)
 
@ConnieJOS @madinana 2 weeks is going to go by way too fast. Mine is 2 weeks from Wed.
@marmora TKR Triplets :flwrysmile: @gr82cu2 your 4 weeks will go by while you are cheering for those of us before you and by the time of your surgery we will be your cheerleaders. I almost wish mine would be closer together. This time next year I will be on my second knee and this will be far behind you.
 
@madinana I'm sorry your knee doesn't like the stairs. Mine goes downstairs pretty well, but my old knee hurts going down much more. We each have our own struggles. Mine is more just standing or walking, being on my feet even for just a few minutes hurts. But at this point my old knee and my new knee are about the same. @madinana @Minnie's knees :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance: here is a triplet picture of us! And I still have @gr82cu2 as my twin since we had our last surgeries on the same day. So here's a pic of us as well. :egypdance::egypdance:
 
Well I made a mistake. Yesterday was the day that the federal government changed hydrocodone to a schedule II narcotic. Which means they can't do refills. I knew that was going to happen and I meant to get all I could filled before this happened. But I haven't been taking it the last couple of weeks, so I put it up in my medicine cabinet. Then it was out of sight, out of mind. I had one refill of 60 7.5 mg ones AND one refill for 60 10 mg ones that I forgot to get filled in time. I just thought of it last night and it was too late. It's going to get harder to get for my next surgery. No refills, must have a new prescription each time. And they can't call them in. You have to go to the doctor each time. What a pain. It will be harder to keep it on hand for my next surgery. It makes me sick that I did that.
:banghead:
 
Oh no!!!! Maybe with this next one your doctor will write for more than 60 at a time? Hopefully he can give you enough to get you to your 2 week appointment and then you can get a new script. I didn't know they were going to make it so they couldn't call that one in. What a pain!!
 
Do you have to actually see your doctor to get a script? Or is it a matter of having to have a paper script to take to the pharmacy like with oxycodone?

How have you slept the last few nights Connie?
 
@gr82cu2 I have slept pretty well for four nights in a row! Last night it was late because I had trouble getting to sleep, but I slept well for several hours before I had to get up for work. Thanks for asking! I don't think I'll have to see the doctor, just get a paper script. It's the same classification as oxycodone now. It's disappointing though that I let two refills get away. Oh well, I'm sure they will give me what I need, it's just a bit of a pain to get it.
 
My dear triplet sisters @madinana and @Minnie's knees , and my first surgery twin @gr82cu2 Also @Lusknewknees Our time is drawing near! Are we ready for this??? :scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

I had my pre-admission appointment today. This being my 4th one in seven moths, it's all very routine to me now. I won't get a time until the day before. I'm dreading the bruising and swelling and SLOW progress as I have had with the othe knee, but I am greatly looking forward to getting this behind me with hope to be normal again. (Well that may be too much to expect. Not sure I was ever really normal. :tantrum2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom