TKR My Life on the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ConnieJOS Thought I would stop by and check up on you, and now I want pancakes! Thanks a lot! :)
Hope you are doing good! Yippie on your walk! Just take it a little at a time, adding a little extra each week. Try not to overdo it. You second TKR will be here before you know it. Take care of yourself!
 
Thanks for posting on my thread @tiredwife ! I know I need to increase my walking gradually. I have the great flexion, but it doesn't help the pain when I'm on my feet for even a few minutes. I'll get there but it has to be baby steps. I'm hoping to start walking on the treadmill soon. Have a great night!
 
@tiredwife I haven't seen my OS since two weeks ago but he seemed to think my pain level is still pretty much par for the course considering the extent of repair work they did, and considering my two hips are relatively new as well. The last time they measured I was at 146 ROM so that certainly isn't a problem for me. I had to quit PT against my OS and PT's advice because my insurance won't cover much more and I'll need to save what I have for my next surgery. I've been lax about doing exercise on my own, but I did go back to work at the office last week rather than working at home so I'm on my feet a lot more than when I was staying home. I do pretty well during the day but I start getting pain and stiffness in the evening right up until bedtime. I usually still take hydrocodone at bedtime, but I put them up last night and will try to just use Tylenol or aleve when I need pain meds. I don't want to build up any resistance to it before my next surgery.

@marmora thanks for stopping in! It's always a pleasure to hear from you. I'm feeling pretty well, and I hope you are also.
 
@ConnieJOS Hope your pain goes away soon. Your ROM is awesome! You should be fine just with working and doing some stretches and flexing once in a while.
 
@ConnieJOS This reminds me. I was talking to my PT a couple of weeks ago and mentioned a friend (you, LOL) who had surgery the same day had a rom of 140+. They were amazed and said the best they had ever seen there was 132 and that wasn't nearly so soon out of surgery. You are a one woman phenomenon! I think you'll do fine after the next one, on your own. Lord knows you've been through it all this year and know what/what not to do.
 
0NE WEEK
[Bonesmart.org] My Life on the Other Side

FOUR WEEKS
[Bonesmart.org] My Life on the Other Side

EIGHT WEEKS
[Bonesmart.org] My Life on the Other Side
 
:spin:@gr82cu2 yes, Janet, my OS told me he had never had a patient get that much ROM. I was at 120 the next day after surgery with the hospital physical therapist, then went to 146 in six weeks. I had two different physical therapists that both measured me at those numbers. At first I thought they made a mistake, but since they all agreed, it must have been right! :dancy::happydance::yay:
 
@ConnieJOS wow I keep reading about the bruising but really didn't realize it could look like your one week. And what a difference a few weeks make. It looks awesome for only 8 weeks and your ROM is great. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your progress.
 
Your scar looks great! Mine, not so great :'( I don't scar well though so I'm not surprised. I was bruised nearly that bad but my foot didn't swell up like that! Wow! They put the hurts on you. I was going to plead with my OS to be more gentle next time. Do you think it will work? LOL
 
@gr82cu2 Hey it might be worth a try! My scar is doing great, but you got luckier with the knee cap! I can see yours... Mine is still hiding under the swelling in there somewhere.
 
Thanks @Minnie's knees ! My bruising and swelling was worse than most but it didn't stay that way for long. In that one week pic my thigh is about three times bigger than the other one! It can be a rough surgery. I'm hoping that since my right leg isn't crooked they won't have to hurt it so bad to fix it.
 
Good Morning Connie @ConnieJOS

Wow ! The early photo to the last photo show a great improvement.
Your ROM is absolutely fantastic and congratulations on your achievement.

Your attitude is so positive after all your surgeries and upcoming surgery.

Connie you are fantastic,
Cathie
 
Hubby's left was bruised really bad, but his right only had a light bruise on his calf and a little one on his thigh. Left leg was in worse shape and took more to fix. So hopefully those of you who have the worse one done first won't bruise as bad on the second one.
 
I'm over 8 weeks out, and since I haven't been going to physical therapy I've really let laziness set in. I'm not getting nearly the activity that I read most of you doing! I did walk five laps around the tennis court today which is about 1/4 mile. I'm no longer using a cane, so that's good. Work was slow today so I didn't go in, but I may get more exercise there than I realize, always walking from one office to the next to talk to employees, and my printer is in the next room, so I have to get up when I print something. And I'm always walking out into the warehouse to check on something. Maybe I'm getting more than I think! I've not had much pain, just achy if I'm on my feet too long, so all in all, things are improving.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ConnieJOS Sounds like you are doing good! Hubby will be 8 weeks on Wednesday for knee #2. Won't be ready to go back to work until Nov. 1st. He is looking forward to it, but knows he doesn't have the stamina yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom