Guest viewing is limited

THR My Journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth, you missed a golden opportunity to take out that orange display! Hang in there...you will be weighbearing and running up that nasty hill to get to your office pretty quick. Your cats are hilarious. They look like a pair of bookends.

When is your appointment with the doctor? Will they do more x-rays then?

Did you get anything good at BJ's?
 
Your cats are beautiful, but is the one on the right a bit of a brown noser?
 
bellaroma - cute cats! The one on the left looks a lot like the first cat I ever had. I always have a soft spot for ginger cats. I can't believe you have them so well "self-actualized". So cute. Mine would not be so dainty, I mean well mannered. In fact, my black cat has developed a taste for dog food and elbows the dog out of the way from her own bowl!

How are you doing today? Yes, and when is your next doctor visit? Mine is the 20th.
 
Hi All, My doctor appointment is on Tuesday the 18th. I am predicting that I will be allowed to weightbear, go to outpatient PT and go back to work at least a little, I also expect to be scheduled for THR on my right. If all goes as planned, I will return to work on the 19th, 26th or 31st. I have come to terms that I will have to still use some aid though not happy, as it seems that after all this time the only thing that changed is now I will be limping on my right instead of the left, but I know that after that I will be good to go. I presume the doc will take x-rays.
Today, for my hopefully final home PT, we went for a walk up my street. I was so excited even though the walk was about an 8th of a mile, as I live on the water, it is a beautiful walk and the temperatures here were very mild today. My non-operated hip is killing right now, but my operated hip is not bad at all. Any pain though was worth it to walk a bit more and see my area. I also drove to the place that I am considering having my outpatient PT at, as they do aqua therapy and thought that may give my right hip a break, but we will see what the Doc says.
 
Good to hear! Getting outside is great therapy, isn't it? Looks like several of us have appointments next week. May they all go well!
 
Beth, I will be thinking of you. I just got the go-ahead to walk, my fracture looks good, there's no restriction. My lovely OS held out his arms and said: 'walk to me' and I lurched forward like ship at sea, very unstable. Then I burst into tears......he was really kind about it. My legs are the same length on paper but it feels as if the operated leg is at least an inch longer. Thank goodness for this site: I have learned not to worry about that. It is an exciting moment, one I've had with previous surgeries but somehow sweeter after the THR experience. Now comes the tough stuff...going slow, working hard and proving that he's wrong, I don't expect to limp! May as well be optimistic until reality proves otherwise. Wishing you a good day next Tuesday. Vicki.
 
Vida, WOW I can not believe that with a fracture on 11/5 you have no restrictions today!!!! I am jealous, but most of all real happy for you
 
Me too Beth! Happy for Vida though....frustrated by the restrictions still in place.
 
Damn! Tammy, your posts have inspired me, stay strong..

you are both amazing womem. I lurked before I posted so I know. We will all be racing around happy and healthy by this time next year. This is just a blip on the way. Meanwhile I'll let you know if I fall down. Seriously, it is so nice to fold the laundry again........wait a minute?
 
:thankyou:Vida. What a sweet thing to say. I'm hanging tough. I know that at the end of this road, the rewards will be worth every bit of inconvenience I have experienced. Although I plan on racing around happy and healthy way sooner than this time next year. I have lots to do :)

Now, watch your balance, no falling down! Even though I guess I could fold laundry..if someone brought it to me and then put it away, I have just decided to abide by the restrictions imposed on me for housework.
 
Tammy, I've got folding duties (actually it keeps things from being wrinkled when I need them). Only thing I worry about is where it is when I go looking for it! My kitchen has already had some revisions. :sad:
 
I haven't ventured into my kitchen since we cooked Thanksgiving dinner. I'm really milking some of the restricitions.... selectively of course. Although I have noticed that since I am down to one crutch, the family is making me get my own drinks now.
 
Damn! dede62
I hear you re.domestics but I've been going nuts for the last 2 weeks. I ventured, well more like rolled, into the kitchen tonight and discovered that my husband had completely changed everything in an effort to be 'more logically organized.' And I couldn't complain because he has taken such good care of me and I can't assume my former duties completely just yet. I just rolled my eyes and rolled back to bed....... I am sure bigger lessons in patience lie ahead.
 
dede62, Vida, Damn!, my husband is not the neat sort, and even before we marriered he never did dishes, actually paid someoen in his aprtment building to do them before we met, so dishes I did from day 1, we have a dishwasher, so just a quick rinse and in they go. Vacuuming and mopping also as he was willing to wait till the floor becam a tripping harzard(It was quite a site to do on 2 crutches, but it works). :) He cooked, up until last week and he still cleans the kitty box, He washes the clothes and I fold
 
Well I did overdo it a bit yesterday, my operated hip hasn't felt this bad in over a week and my right forget about, but it still felt good to take a walk. The pt place i want to go to has aqua therapy so am going to ask the doc, the underwater treadmill is cool
 
The underwater treadmill sounds quite high tech! Neat. Hope your hip(s) calm down soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom