Guest viewing is limited

THR My Journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn!, no, no desertion, I am posting on other threads just put off posting on mine. I did not want to discourage anyone reading posts as I am pretty stagnant and will not be fully functional until my right hip is also done, and also I have been thinking alot about work. Everyone expects me to bounce in and be physically fine, and I will still not be able to drive for hours and not be able to get up without locking is a downer. I also will then be out again to fix the right hip, and worry that it will fracture too.I guess I am just overthinking.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
Yes, Beth, you're overthinking. Give yourself a break, sweetie, and just take a deep breath and relax as much as you can. You will just have to level with everyone about your level of recovery and what you can and cannot do. You not only are dealing with the trauma of major surgery, but you are also having to recovery from a broken bone. The combination makes recovery move much slower. It is your job to recover not to meet everyone else's expectations. Remember when you're feeling down to stop and count your blessings---we all have more than we realize until we really think about them.

Take care of yourself and try to keep a positive attitude. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
 
Hi Beth.. it is perfectly normal to be concerned and ponder on the next surgery.. I have the same dilemma! All set for last October for my left hip, then OS said, we will review Sept 13.. always in the back of my mind... especially given my first close call as my signature indicates..

I got the same reaction when I went back to work at 7 weeks... oh, look at you, you look fantastic, so well, all fixed now!.... Grrrrr!!!! that is why the forum is magic, we all understand, the physical and emotional journey :)

Don't be pushed into doing something to please anyone at work hon!
 
Hey, Beth, we're your BS buddies and fellow warriors, and we don't want to hear just about the good days, okay? You've been so kind and encouraging to everyone else---let us be there for you, too. Take Poppet's post to heart.
 
Beth, you are over-thinking. Just imagine a future BS out there and worried that their progress has just been described as stagnant...they rush to log on to this forum because they are convinced that they are the only person in the world this has happened too....Then, they see your post and immediately calm down because they realized that they are not alone!

Even your bad days serve a good purpose in someone's recovery! So Beth, even if it is nothing new to report out on physically, there is always an update on how you are doing emotionally, or how you managed to overcome a particular hurdle (i.e. changing a lightbulb) that will be so valuable to someone else.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Tammy
 
:iagree: :iagree: Bellaroma , sissy and Tammy are right! And I wholeheartedly concur.
 
Beth, your recovery puts everything in perspective. Not everything goes as planned but there are lessons learned for everyone. Your doctor has learned that he must be careful as your bone was much softer than he expected. You have learned that you have the patience of Job even if the day by day has been challenging. Throughout your recovery you have been so unselfish with your encouragement. The rest of us have learned how important friendship and support is to all of our recoveries. I think I am united in hoping that your other hip goes much differently and much more of the 'expected' route. You are one strong warrior my friend!
 
Yay Beth!!!!! Come on girl.....

Ra, ra, re,
kick him in the knee!

Ra, ra, ralls,
kick him in the ..............!

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
 
Beth, how was your day? Inquiring minds...you know.
 
bottomshollow, Poppet, sissy46, Damn!, dede62, nerdgrrl, THANK YOU ALL SOOO>>> MUCH!!!!!:thankyou:
Anxiety is getting to me, between the upcoming Doc visit, going back to work less than perfect, other hip being done, work and so on, and I realize when Dede stated that the doc will also know my bone better, I have been angry, keep not wanting to think he messed up, as he is so well respected and worshipped at the hospital, but he did fracture my darn femur:hissy:,

Have been on a building stamina movement, each day go a little longer and farther, so went out yesterday, bought a Christmas tree, and am going to get rid of the tootin hospital bed and put my tree up, I slept in my bed last night, and accomplished getting off my couch, it is low and as you all know I have had some unpleasantries associated with low items, but it was not as low as the doctors medical stool or my monther-in-laws loo,(UK term is so much nicer) so I was good, slight discomfort, but can manage. I am still following my wieght bearing restrictions, except for a couple of times trying to put more wieght on it, as I keep saying 6 weeks it must be healed. Our neighbors , 5 of us, take tune each year having a neighboorhood party , so went to that last night, fun, just a little aggravet not being able to move around as much as I lliked and everyone was trying to help me get food, they do not understand that I can alomost carry anytihng with my crutches, probably afraid I would drop my wine on their rug,:cheers:

Today I went to BJs and wrought havoc in the aisle, no school supply stand to take out, but had my eye on a display of oranges, forced my husband to let me drive my new car hom. Leg pretty swollen and right one giving me a hissy fit, now but I feel better for just fighting my mood
 
Way to go, Warrior! Building stamina day by day sounds good. I bet it felt great getting back to your own bed, and the Christmas tree will be cheery. I haven't put one up yet---last year mine lasted about 5 minutes before my baby cat Grayson started chewing on the lights and pulling them off. I don't think this year will be any different, as everything goes into his mouth. I bet your cats are better behaved; too dainty to eat egg off the floor, and all that.:kittykiss:

I think you've been very gracious about your broken femur. You were already looking at a second hip replacement, and then to have to deal with a more complicated recovery...who wouldn't be angry about that?

How did you not take out that display of oranges? You're going to look back on this season as a time of missed opportunity when you think of the havoc you could have wrought.:heehee:
 
My cat Shane is love with Christmas Trees, he will set under them and not move them, he has trouble with his eyes and I think the lights look like a blur of wonderment to him, so he will not let any other cat take over or hurt his tree. and not glass ornaments on the bottom branches, as far as the orange display, I figured I have to save some fun for the next hip
 
Prissy cats; I knew it. I once had a cat who peed on the Christmas presents, so at least we're moving in a more civilized direction here.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
Smart cat----knew if he peed on them they'd be his---who else would want them. My cats do like to bat at the balls on the bottom branches---but, alas! this year there will be no tree---too much medical equipment for my hubby's BTKR recovery. He had not walked in a couple of years so still cannot stand on his own 2 1/2 months post op, but unused muscles take a long time to get back up to speed.
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins

 
Me again, I just sent you a note somewhere else, I am a writer but cannot come to grips with forum protocol. I can so relate to your experience. I am frustrated that the fracture has delayed my recovery. Every other day I seem to have a bizarre crying jag, which is so unlike me. I get annoyed when well-meaning people tell me how their dad/mom/co-worker, usually 15-20 years older than me, was back playing tennis or doing the tango just a few weeks after THR. I know logically that my journey is more complex than most and that my recovery will take longer but the brain plays tricks. You sound like you are doing well and have a great attitide in spite of some uncomfortable, frustrating setbacks. You are inpirational. Today I crutched around the local mall, hoping to soak up some festive spirit. I forgot how careless people can be when they are in a rush and felt very vulnerable. Yes,I suppose that's how I'm feeling. Vulnerable. I am desperate to weight bear but fear I will never walk well again. I am sure that feeling this way is not unusual. Be well, I am hoping your recovery smoothes out. Vicki
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
Vida, it sure is frustrating!!!:hissy:, but I do believe that both of us will eventually be walking normally and engaing in activities we love, just it seems to be taking way too long, and I WANT IT NOW!!!.

bottomshollow, maybe you could put a Charlie Brown tree on a table or something, I had thought previously that I would decorate my hospital bed with Christmas lights. Hope your husband get more strength each day. I understand because even if I didn't have the fracture, my muscles have not been used like they should have been because I could not walk much before the surgery for about a year.

sissy46, my cats are not prissy, they are self-actualized, they know they are Aristocats. They even drink expressos at the table with us, well their cups only have latte in it, but they will only drink mile on the table and know that they can only put there front feet on the table.
 
Well, they are so prissy. Look at those fancy little bowls. My boys just stick their whole heads in whatever I'm having, but they don't care for wine so that's my excuse for drinking more of it:) I have to use my kayaking water bottles with the flip tops if I want to have water by my bed.
Here are the boys:
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom