THR My Journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
:giggle: funny thing is Nerdgrrl, I have one of those vests. Never thought about digging it out.....til now. My husband and I love to go shooting, so all the pockets come in very handy. I will have one of my students take a picture of me in "work mode" on Monday and upload it so you can see my SWAT look. Whatever works!
 
nerdgrrl, your picture reminded me. I should get my fly fishing vest, then I could carry everything

Today has not been the greatest, as last night turned wrong in bed and pulled some muscle in my operated leg near the groin, then with the change of weather my right hip was also really hurting. I rode 40 minutes to my in-laws sat on an uncomfortable chair for 5 hours(Did get up to strech), then the coup de gra. Superman has Kyptonite and I have low seat blindness. As a number of you know I had a stool incedent at my doc, thought I could get up from a short stool on wheels, well now it was the toilet incident, at my in-law i finally had to go, I look at the head and say to myself, it isn"t that low, and at least it is not on wheels , well I presume you know what happened, I barely got up and only with a soft scream leaving my lips as I hurt my leg again, and the poor leg was already having a bad day. My brother-in-law did hear me scream and offered assitance. I do not think I will ever learn, but question, how do you go with low toilets? Well took and oxycodone, tonight even though hadn't taken one in about a week, but for today I am done. I will relax outside in the sun hopefully tomorrow
 
:headbang: I'm so sorry. That's a shame, just when you were doing so well. What's wrong with all of us these days? Two steps forward and one step back :bicycle2: Just a small bump in the road, I'm sure, but disconcerting anyway.

I just took two ibuprofen and a robaxin and I'm going to bed. I think I did something when I came spinning out of bed in the middle of the night because of the cats, because I was uncomfortable when I woke up this morning and I probably should have opted for a lazy day today.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day, said Scarlett. Relaxing in the sun sounds good.
Sleep well:sleep:
 
hi Beth..sorry to hear about your bad day. At not quite 5 weeks and only 50 percent I have been loathe to go far afield because of the bathroôm thing. Tomorrow my hairdresser is opening early so I can get my roots done, which is nice of her. Think I will avoid coffee before I go...can't imagine coping with the loo (think the key is to hover from above if absolutèly necessary) while on crutches. However getting rid of the grey will be a shot in the arm. Hope you feel better after a couple of easy days.
Vicki
 
Oh Beth! Did your BIL actually have to come in to the bathroom to help? Poor thing. So far I have managed not to really have to use public facilities. So I'm not much help on that front. I use a handicap stall at work and an elevated frame at home. The one time I had to go at a store, I played hover craft!
 
Vida, it was my first experience with the low head, well it least I got up.

Damn!, no BIL spoke through the door and brought the whole familes attention to it, had to keep saying, Oh, I'm fine.. as I clenched my teeth. I know this is not a proper answer and shows way to much pride/stupidity, but I think I would have risked opening up the fracture vs having my BIL come in the bathroom. Fortunately it did not come to that.

Well it is warmer here today, @55, but no sun, so not spending too much time outside. Feeling a little furstrated, I know that comes with the course, so just trying to ignore and go on.
 
sissy46, I guess sleeping the other night was a hazard for both of us, as that when I pulled a muscle. I guess the enemies of BS Warriors must be trying to attack us when we are sleeping, as they know they do not have a prayer when we are awake.
 
I have a raised seat frame over the toilet in the main floor bathroom. It inconveniences some of the other residents here, like my teenage grandson. He likes to remove it and forgets to put it back. In the beginning, when I had to use the bathroom every hour day and night and RIGHT AWAY, I'd curse him when I got in there and had to put it back, trying to "hold it" without crossing my legs. :tantrum: I could probably dispense with it now, after a couple of months, so long as I support myself sitting down and getting up and stick my legs out in front of me when sitting.
 
Had the same problem myself at a friends house last week. Being a little over 5ft is an advantage sometimes as i managed to lever myself up. Just !! :shocked:
 
My mother used to put a walker backwards over the toilet so she could use that to pull up.
 
Beth,

Sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I feel for you and Tammy because it's like you've got a hand tied behind your back being NWB. I hope you're feeling a little better today. :console2:

I think bathrooms are my biggest fears now (other than slippery floors). I make sure I take care of things before I leave and try not to be out too long. Probably not the best plan but will have to do for now. I have my frame on the upstairs commode, so now that I am downstairs these days I've made it part of my PT to do the stairs multiple times a day. If I had to use the downstairs hubby would be there. Since the powderoom is pretty narrow, in a pinch I could probably ease down using the walls. As John said the challenge would be getting up.

I think I would have asked for help and put pride aside. Which brings up a funny (now, not then) story. When hubby and I were in a 1 bedroom /bath apartment my sister and BIL came to visit. The 2nd night they were there we got these huge burritos from a place we frequented a lot. One beef, one chicken. The guys both shared the beef, I had both and my sister only ate the chicken. Well...three of us ended up with food poisoning. The bathroom had a revolving door on it! Hubby somehow got together and went in to work. While BIL was in the shower I had to go in. At that point none of us cared. Like an idiot my sister and I went to Saucilido and luckily I only had to find facilities once. I think hubby and BIL suffered all day. Hubby said he didn't get much work done that day...
 
"I'm fine!" The infamous mantra of BS Warriors, far and wide. Why do we do that to ourselves? Even when we aren't fine, we are.

Have I shared the lightbulb (LB) story with you all yet? Well, if you will remember, I have a lovely screened in front porch that I love to sit on and read my Kindle and enjoy quality time with my fur-babies. The LB out there had burned out. I had asked my family members several times to go change the LB for me. Well, last Friday night, they all went out and I finally had some alone time. I crutched my way outside only to realize that the dang* LB was still out. I thought to myself, "I got this." So, I crutched back in and went all the way in to the kitchen. I carefully leaned my crutches against the counter and placed one hand firmly on the counter and executed a perfect golfer's reach. My operated leg was stretched out behind me and I carefully squatted with my good leg and reached in to the lower cabinet to grab a LB. My fingertips grazed the box and knocked them to the back of the cabinet. Still in SuperWoman mode, I carefully lowered myself down on to my good knee and reached into the back of the cabinet and grabbed ahold of the box of LB's. "Got it!" I, oh so gently, reached up and placed the LB's on the counter and then placed my other hand on the counter, and uh oh! I can't get up. I could not figure out how the heck to get up. No matter how I tried, there was no way I could get my good leg under me to stand up. So I carefully rolled over onto my butt, placed the LB in my lap and slid backwards through the kitchen, dining room and into the living room; all the way to the low couch, where I could pull myself up onto it. I go to reach for my crutches...and dang*, I left them in the kitchen. Dang it! I lower myself back onto the floor and butt slide backwards into the kitchen and grab the stupid crutches, and butt slide my way back through the house to the couch. (Silver lining: floor got cleaned in 3 wide swipes!). Finally get myself, the crutches and the blasted LB all in the same place. Got myself up, LB in my pocket, and crutch my way outside and changed the dang* LB. Two minutes later, family comes home and asks me why I am sweating!!!! To which I replied "I'm fine."
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
Oh, Damn! what a great "I'm fine" story. The mental picture of you butt scooting across the house is too much! What a hilarious adventure, and you tell it so well. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I have to share this with my sister in Ga.--she's had both hips replaced and will relate. Thanks for a fun bright spot in my evening.
 
OMG Damn! how did I miss this on Sunday? Nice to start Tuesday with a laugh anyway.
Our Grand Hoo-Ha of BoneSmart (international) Warriors is also:
Queen of the Butt Scooting Boogey!

Beth, how are you this morning?
 
I wasn't laughing then....but I sure have since! Where there is a will, there is a way!
 
Damn!, thanks for sharing makes me feel I am not the only one, who has thease lightbulb moments.
I haven't posted here in a little bit as until I can fully wieght bear, I am sort of at a stand still and impasse. My PT was even saying that I am at an impasse. Overall though, not too much pain in my operated hip, still some swelling, but if I hadn't pulled a muscle last Saturday, I do not think it would hurt at all. Trying to work up my stamina a bit so when I go back to work, I will be ready
 
Beth! Shame on you. Just because you might be at an impasse with PT, does not mean you are at an impasse with us! We are your International Bone Smart Warrior sisters. My home PT was telling me that we were at an impasse from his first visit to my house. But you girls gave me a place to share my frustrations and a place to laugh at myself. Don't give up on us as we will never give up on you.

I am very happy to hear that you are not in much pain at all. That's very positive.

Now repeat after me: "I will not desert my BS Warrior sisters."

Tammy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom