Guest viewing is limited

THR My Journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I just bought myself 6 pairs of socks at Kohls.
Very cool, the Honda CR-V EXL.
 
One of the reasons we are all warriors is that we are faced with situation we can not control in life, but while we may stumble and even lose some battles, we rise up and continue, because it is life and we all want not only to survive, but to do what it takes to live life to its' fullest

Received paperwork from the doc today for work and hedid state that hewill evaluate THR on the right in December.

Damn!, thecar isvery nice and with the height and space I can get in it easy
 
I hope you can get the right hip done soon, get it over with. And with no complications this time.
Is needing the other side done coming as a surprise, or were you anticipating eventually needing both hips replaced?
 
I love your thinking Bella... we have heaps of members who had one and then the other around the 3 month mark..
 
sissy46, I knew the right would need to be done, and had actually tried to get them both done at the same time, but I agreed with the doc's decision in the end and hoped the shot would work for at least a few months to stop the locking. Well that did not happen, but I have learned ways to still get up without putting to much weight on the operated leg. At least if I get it done soon then I will be able to Kayak this summer, (spring I think might be a little iffy), YIPEEE.......:yay::yay:and hopefully they will not fractur the femur on the right during surgery and I can have a more normal recovery.
Poppet, It will be great to get it done quickly, especially because putting all the weight on the right has really made it go down hill faster than it was, time off from work is the biggest drawback

Here is where I would like to be, this is the photo I use for my wall paper as it makes me feel I am paddling and peaceful
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
 
What a beautiful picture Beth. It makes me feel relaxed and peaceful just looking at it.
 
Oh Beth, what a beautiful scene for me to wake up and see.. I love kayaking..

Take care off to work now, until tonight my lovely warriors :)
 
Poppet hope your back is feeling better, so you can emjoy some kayaking, nothing relaxes me more than kayaking and swimming.

Well, as far as how I am feeling, I wish I could just start walking, but I am being aware of the fracture. I did drive to the store up the street the other day, to get some mile, as I can get into the new car, and I put the milk and Diet Coke in my backpack to walk to the car. Yes, it was not much, but i felt like I had gotten away with a real coup. Basically just taken Ibuprophen and Tylenol, sometimes something stronger if I overdo it, but more pain in the right hip overall than the new hip.
 
Beth,

Glad out were able to get out a little in your new pride and joy! I love the smell and feel of a new car. Ahhhh.

Love the view from the kayak. Haven't done it but with all of the water around here might have to look into it as a new activity. One of my trainers thought I might do well rowing or kayaking.

I remember being non-weightbearing after my heel spur surgery and how my backpack was my best friend. I was back to work the next week but often made pit stops on the way home for staples. Always had to remember how much room I had in order not to over buy...
 
Hi Beth, I re-read your post with the following...

'One of the reasons we are all warriors is that we are faced with situation we can not control in life, but while we may stumble and even lose some battles, we rise up and continue, because it is life and we all want not only to survive, but to do what it takes to live life to its' fullest'

You are so right, these words will play in my head from now on.. Do you mind if I quote you ? - Perfect!

You will get recover hon, you will be back kayaking.. lets get you through the second hip and then it will be onwards and upwards for you, you have done it tough, but you really are doing very well, given it is only weeks..
 
dede62, you are so right about the new car smell. Have to admit it is a constant temptation in the driveway, as I can get in and out without help, the othercars I needed assitance. I did take my grabber sword out of the pack before going, didn't want to scare the townfolk
Poppet, glad you liked it, especially seeing it is so true, you can quote it anytime

5 weeks today since surgery, 3 more weeks till weight bearing. A little more pain and drain today than the last couple of days, but that's the way recovery works.
 
Forgot, Kayaking brought the ROM in my shoulders back, and with a good fit and seat has never hurt my back, even with arthritis, so go for it, you can be as passive or aggresive in your paddling as you want
 
I love the view from your kayak, Beth! And I love your courageous and bright outlook on life, and your upcoming additional surgery. What a warrior!:bow:
Is your kayak a Tarpon 140?
 
I bet you'll be back in that boat very soon after your next surgery.:SUNsmile:
 
Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Beth, I have taken to wearing my back pack at my school. Now picture this a whistle around my neck to blast those kids back to class. My grabber is sticking out of the top of the back pack, cuz you never know what I might have to pick up. My walkie-talkie is clipped to one of the shoulder straps, so I can be in constant communication with the other administrators and office staff. My jacket with it's pockets bulging full of things like my phone, work keys, hand sanitizer, etc. WE GOT THIS!!! Who needs to be weight-bearing. Maybe our doctors ordered this to keep us from getting into too much trouble. Hmm...

Tammy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom