Guest viewing is limited

THR My Journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well got the pt report for the doctor tommorrow, have good range in operated hip, she says though I may need the other one done sooner, but I know that's an issue. Hopefully the doctor will say the fracture is healing well and I will be able to full weight bear, we'll see. Hope everyone is resting in hippie land
 
bellaroma, I will keep my fingers crossed that your fracture is healing up and that you can begin weight-bearing. I too am sorry to hear that your right hip is giving you problems.

I am now staple-free and loving it! They were certainly painful coming out...don't want to do that again anytime soon.

Not sure where all the people were on the scooters in Costco as I didn't run across any of them...otherwise I may have swung my crutch like a bat and knocked them right off. I need to keep up my batting skills as I am having to sit out this softball season.

Tammy
 
Thanks bellaroma, I guess once I broke out of jail (home), there's no stopping me now. I went out to Target and Best Buy today. Then my daughter and I watched the first 3 Twilight movies today (and plans to watch the 4th tomorrow) in anticipation of going to see the 5th installment this weekend. I now know I am Team Jacob.
 
Happy Thanksgiving
Went to the OS yesterday, he said it is healing well, but due to the fracture I will be 4 more weeks 50% weghtbearing and then down to 1 crutch,
 
I forgot to share my lesson on why during recovery you do not sit on low seats, especially if they have wheels. I asked the Doc to see my x-rays and we went over to his computer, he sat on a desk chair and there happened to be a short medical stool. I looked at it and said to myself that is really low, but then I thought, ahh just be careful and it will be fine. Well I managedto sit on it and was quite proud of myself, and then looked at my x-rays. Well, now it was time to get up, Houston we have a problem. Couldn't do it, actually gave my leg quite ahurt in the attempt. So, the doc pushed it closer to the wall and used hit feet to stop the rollingand assited me by pulling me up by the back of my jeans, quite embarrasing. Lesson DO NOT attempt unless you wish for a hurt leg, red face and a wedgie
 
bellaroma :rofsign: Dear Beth, not laughing at you but at your great sense of humor! Thank you for sharing; I needed a laugh. Sorry about the hurt leg, though, and the wedgie. I'm glad you didn't both end up in a heap on the floor.
 
bellaroma, I have to agree with sissy46, thank you for the laugh. I could picture the scene entirely. I'm shocked that the doctor let you sit on the stool to begin with. BTW: remember I told you that I had been wearing men's boxer shorts since the surgery....well FYI, they don't give you wedgies.

Tammy
 
bellaroma I hope your OS is as cute and adorable as mine---might make the humiliation and wedge worth it :whistle:
 
Beth,

Glad you are healling well and on schedule for weightbearing.

You painted a great picture and I too am shocked that the doc let you sit in that chair. I can imagine that happeening to me more at work. When I visit one of my co-workers I have a tendency to squat down next to them or bring my Swiss ball to sit on. Not sure that any of them would be able to stand me up though...I know if that would have happened at my appointment there would have been lots of laughter. I have some really good natured docs.. Glad it all worked out!
 
bellaroma, so glad you came out of that basically ok. Sorry about the pain in your leg though. 50% weight bearing is good progress! That will be so much easier than non-weight bearing. Glad your bone is healing well.

Bummer on the other hip acting up. On my X-ray we could see the beginnings of arthritis on the other hip, but so far it is not giving me problems ::knock wood:: I will try to be careful with it within reason to preserve as long as possible.

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Well finally made it upstairs for a shower, boy did that feel good. The doc is not cute enough to make the stool incident worth it, sissy46, but it sure was comical, also think I went from warrior to court jester.
Damn! and dede62 don't think he was paying attention when I sat down, but he is not the greatest for bedside manner. He is thinking about doing my right sooner than later, guess I will find out in December
Hope all those state side has a good turkey day
 
Glad you will soo be back on you feet. I had 6 weeks non weight bearing and it seemed like it went on forever. Now i am 4 weeks walking and it dosnt seem long at all.
take your time
x
 
Speaking of time, does everyone else feel like they're in a time warp?? Some things feel like they were just yesterday when they were months ago!

I'm feeling like this 6 week window will be over before I know it and I'll be back to work! I'm thinking that my co-workers are hoping for that but are getting the slow tick-tock! They're all off today enjoying the BF festivities.

Beth, hope you are getting along better with the 50% weightbearing. Hopefully that will also give the other side a little relief.
 
I fortunately was always at 50% weightbearing, would have been full weight bearing if it wasn't for the fracture, so it will be 8 weeks to heal the fracture, patience is not one of my virtues, so really looking forward to ditching 2 crutches
 
Hi Beth; thank you for your kind words on my thread. You too are a warrior! I love your outlook on life. I have never heard of the condition you posted about, but will look it up.

Can you tell me what symptoms you have with your femur fracture? I am begining to wonder if perhaps my femur has fractured. Hear hoofbeats, think zebra, not horse.

Dede has it right when she compares our recoveries to a time warp. In another 2 days I will be at 3 weeks post-op. Where has the time gone? I have a follow-up appointment on Tuesday afternoon. I was hoping the doctor would lift some of the restrictions and perhaps allow me to go to 50% wb. I don't think this will happen...but a girl can dream.

Tammy
 
Damn!, the fracture pain to me feels deep in the bone, and radites down my shin. I have had some touch sensitvity, but nowhere at the level you describe. Maybe you should call your nurse ordoctor now instead of waiting tii Tuesday?
 
Oh Beth... Just read about your experience with the stool in your surgeons office... What was he thinking about?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom