Guest viewing is limited

THR My Journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh bellaroma, those Costco shoppers are crazy with a capital C. That is one store I make sure to go to when they first open up in the morning. This way it is easy in and easy out. Our Costco here is always so crowded and full of people that should not legally be allowed to push a shopping cart....especially those oversized carts. Where do you live that you are 40 minutes away from a Costco?

I can picture you trying to clean up the eggs with the grabber. Not an easy undertaking. Shame on you for breaking out the vaccuum so early. Although I would have done the exact same thing. However, my family has hidden my vaccuum from me upstairs, so I won't be breaking it out anytime soon. BTW: They have also hidden my blowdryer, dog brush and truck keys. They don't have to worry about the keys as I do not feel the desire to drive myself anywhere! Oh well, they love me.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Tammy
 
bellaroma and nerdgrrl I have every confidence you two could cut a swath through any mob of Black Friday shoppers. Bionic women on scooters rock at opposite corners of our great country!
 
Damn! What did your family think you were going to do with the blow dryer and the dog brush? The truck keys, I can understand.:giggle:
 
sissy46, one of my night time rituals with my fur-babies is to get down on the floor with them and brush them all. They really love being brushed. They will lay on the floor while I brush their backs, then they roll over and let me brush their stomachs. It is difficult to brush them and not break the 90 degree rule. Too much twisting if they are up on the couch or bed with me. Besides which, my little frenchie can not jump high enough to get on the couch or bed by himself.

They hide the blowdryer so I am not on my feet a long time. Figure about 15 minutes in the shower, another 5-10 drying off and getting dressed. Then, because my hair is long and thick, it takes another 30-40 minutes just to dry it. The mirrors in my bathroom are such that I can't sit down...even though I know where my hair is in proximity to my head, I have to use a mirror. It's fine though, I just throw my hair in a french braid when it is still slightly damp. I can't use a mirror to braid my hair... it confuses me.

Finished up watching the first two seasons of the Walking Dead since being home from the hospital. Will have to dig into the DVD collection tomorrow for something else to watch.

Tammy
 
Damn!, tried to get out earlier, but hubby had other things to do, so I braved it. It was also my first time actually using a scooter, and my hus has to fight for the use of the last one. Well it was tactical driving, backing up spinning, the clothes aisles were the most difficult. When I was trying to put the scooter back all the folks coming in wouldn't let me pass, so finally I had it, hit the throttle and barged through, quite startling a guy trying to come through, but mission was accomplished. I live in Southeastern Massachusetts and we have more BJ's than Costco. but my husband had already done the BJ's shopping so Costco it was. Glad you explained the brush and blowdryer as I would neverhave figured out that one:)
 
I took my son's stool that he uses to play the guitar. It works great in the bathroom. My hair is long and thick as well and it does take a bit to dry it. If you have any bar stools they work very well.
 
bellaroma, tell me to didn't get just the tiniest little laugh out of startling that guy who wouldn't get out of your way:angel:. I know I would have. There is a BJ's here, but it takes about 30 minutes to drive there, whereas the Costco is about 5-8 minutes.

So you are up in Mass. Do you have any snow yet this year? Sometimes I miss the changing of the seasons. But then I talk with family or friends up north and poof! The feeling is gone.

What can I say, my family is weird, but they have my best interests at heart. They mean well. I've told them that I have no interest in drying my hair, but they have been down this road with me a time or two before and aren't buying it. I have had a number of back surgeries over the years....I tend to push myself too far, too fast. They aren't taking any chances.

lncrwley, what a wonderful idea. I would not have thought to get one of the bar stools to use. Thanks for the suggestion. Although, I doubt I will worry about drying my hair until I go back to work.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful, relaxing and painless Sunday afternoon.

Tammy
 
Tammy

Funny..I put my hair up in a french braid too! I've always done it without a mirror and go by feel. Got a lot of practice from my Navy days.one kinda gross thing though... I had a hairdresser once tell me to sometimes let it air dry then put it up because if it's up wet all the time (as I'm sure you know when you take it down it is still damp) it could end up a bit mildewy. :eeeuw: She had a client that had done it and it was a mess.
 
bellaroma and Damn!
Black Friday headlines: "Two Bone Smart members, one in Massachusetts and one in Florida, arrested for hit and run in Costco. Victim in Mass says "I never seen her coming! Something slapped me up side the head and then she run me over." Victim in Florida says "Damn! First thang I knew, I'se on the floor watching the feet go by."
 
:rofsign::iagree:@sissy46 Good one!!!! Thanks for the great laugh this afternoon. I needed that. Lucky for the world that bellaroma and I are in two different states.

dede62, yes, my hair will stay damp as long as it is up in a braid or pony tail. I do let it dry....mildew is an issue here in the great state of Florida, so I don't take any chances.

Still laughing,

Tammy
 
sissy46; Boy did you get me laughing with that one, but lets not forget @nerdgirl; who is part of female warrior nation. We may be down, but we can still conquer How did your paddle go?
dede62; salute to you, didn't realize you were Navy, had medical issues that kept me out, but the Navy has always been my favorite branch, at least my job now lets me help Veterans get employed after leaving the service
 
Thanks Beth. No, we can't forget our Warrior Princess. What a motley crew we would make.

Bandit is a cutie for sure. He is such a loveable little guy. We are completely in love with him. How was your weekend?

Tammy
 
bellaroma Certainly not forgetting Nerdgirl or Cookie, either, but you and Damn! are leaders of the pack, gaining on Danica Patrick. We'll just cheer you on:dancy:
 
Vroom, vroom!!!! Plan on hitting up a few stores today to finish up our Thanksgiving shopping list. That is, after the staples come out. Yay! The nurse will be here any minute. I can not wait. The incision is becoming more painful each day. They are overdue on coming out as the skin around the remaining staples is becoming very red and painful. Ugh! Hurry up lady!

I have to admit, I LOVE the turning radius on those scooters. Can turn those babies on a dime.

So what are you lovely ladies doing today?

Tammy
 
No fair! sissy46 made me spit my drink, I was laughing so hard!

bellaroma, I have been tempted to hit the throttle as well, but haven't quite needed to resort to that yet. Did you say you are near Boston? I have relatives in Stow, MA.

Well, Simon the snuggler has now hopped into the table and started head bonking and licking me. In his opinion, I have been here long enough and it is time to ice and elevate. He is probably right.
-nerdgrrl
 
So, Nerdgirl is icing and elevating, and Tammy is cutting donuts and doing wheelies around the turkeys in Publix. I started to go canoeing today but I'm so tired of this cold windy weather and gray skies---the rest of the week looks much better.

My baby cat Grayson wants to snuggle :kittykiss:so maybe I'll spend the afternoon reading on the sofa with him. I'm halfway through the fifth book of A Song of Ice and Fire. All these books are around 1,000 pages long, the author is my age, and the librarian says he's planning to write four more in the series. I hope he doesn't decide to retire or die before he wraps them up.

bellaroma One of the eggs from Publix was cracked, so in the interest of social and feline science I dropped it on the kitchen floor. All three cats sampled it with moderate enthusiasm, Jo-Riley (the girl kitty) turned up her nose, Percy bopped Grayson over the head with a paw and walked away, and eventually Grayson tried to cover it up. I don't know how you cleaned up 4 eggs with a grabber. I can get down on the floor and cleaning up one was a mess.
 
I didn't quite manage a wheelie, but the donuts were no problem at all whatsoever! Went to the new Publix about a mile down the road. Their scooters are super comfy, but entirely too slow to my liking. We went by Costco to pick up a few things. This was the first stop of the day...should've been the last. We (my daughter and I) went into Costco and discovered that there were no scooters available. Instead of being smart and leaving, I figured I could crutch my way through the store. I did pretty well, but got a bit tired by the time I got to the back wall. Then, I had to crutch all the way to the front and back out to the parking lot. Whew! That was rough. Then, off to WalMart. Used a scooter in there as well as at my last stop in Publix. Came home, collapsed on the couch with my ice packs and fur-babies and here I still am.

An afternoon laying around on the couch, reading and snuggling with the fur-babies sounds like a really nice time.

Have a great Monday evening.
Tammy
 
Damn! you are not using your crutches properly.
With two crutches, you should be able to knock someone off a scooter and highjack it. Good grief, girl, you're only 2 weeks post-op. Who deserves a scooter more?
 
nerdgrrl, I am 60 mintes southeast of Boston, Stow is west of Boston, they get more snow
Damn!, you just had to go to Costco:)you definetly beat me as if no scooter I would have skipped, but let me tell you if you were closer I would challenge you to any Wii game, I have to control myself when playing with friends kids as I seek to annihilate. You must be stapleless by now and happy
sissy46; you are too funny, sorry the weathers been gray? Are the Fire & Ice series good? To pick up the eggs with the grabber, you must be one with the grabber, think like a grabber and act like a grabber, then as you reach zen the eggs are cleaned, same concept applies to the elbow cruth as you use it to get unsuspecting shoppers

I"m doing okay today, and looking forward to seeing the doc on Wednesday, my right hip is giving me a fit and locking up again, but hanging in
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom