Guest viewing is limited

THR My Journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Beth

I was thinking about you today and wondered how you are feeling and coping. I am sorry that you cannot use the stairs but I can understand why due to the tight curve at the top of the stairs. I hope that you are not feeling too frustrated. As you said, we all have to be patient. I found that the thirteen weeks have simply flown by and I do hope that your recovery time will too.

I am going to the hospital tomorrow to see my O.S, I hope that he has some good news. There is no way that I can tell whether the fracture has healed or not. It is still very sore and painful so I will have to keep my fingers crossed. My eldest daughter is taking me tomorrow although I started driving last Tuesday, just driving a bit further each day. I'm glad that she will be with me as it is nice to have company and she will remind me of the questions that I need to ask.

I send you my very best wishes, take care

Chris
 
Hi All, Well am not feeling that bad, did learn though that it was better to take a pain pill than deal with pain, as is so often said here, it just makes moving around so much easier( my scrip is for 3 Oxycodene at a time, and basicaly I am taking one).
Overall for those who are going to be having surgery, it is not unbearable pain, as tha pain was worse to me before the surgery. Being prepared with my nest, ice packs, clothes easily avaialbe has made it much better than it would have, especially with the fractured femur, as I have less mobility than I planned for.
countdowner; Thanks for thinking of me, trying to be patient, but really would love a real shower, hope you make out well at the OS today and am looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

We have a NorEaster strom heading our way today in Mass. so my walking on my deck will be limited, but can not complain becuase I think that if we didn't have the deck outside attached with not stair, I would really go stir crazy, as I am the type that has to feel the air and sun.
 
Stay warm! I know what you mean about needing to feel the air and sun.
Take your pain pills, take your naps, heal....
I hope you have a good book. I just finished Gone Girl---it will keep you guessing.
 
My cats are being very supportive, now if they would leave me some room:kittykiss:
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
 
Beth,
How nice of your cats to let you share their bed during your recovery. My three usually let me slide in, too.:kittykiss:
Three cats---perfect---one on each side, and one to keep the feet warm. Except that one usually wants the pillow.
 
Hi Beth

What beautiful cats! What are they called. I love cats. At present we have an old black and white rescue cat called Sam. He has not had a very good life but has certainly landed on his feet here. He has a few medical issues but these are well taken care of by six weekly visits to the vet. He is about 10 years old and sleeps for most of the day. He is very contented and is very, very loved.

How are you? Are you able to go outside now? I do hope so. Do you have lots of visitors and help or do you prefer to be quiet?

My visit to the OS was quite interesting I think!!!!! Firstly he would not xray me this time as he feels that I have had a lot of radiation over the last few months so will xray me in 3 months time. He said that he was sure that the fracture was healing well. Unfortunately the soreness and pain in my thigh is due to inflammation of the bursar. If it doesn't die down I may have injections into it. The pain, stiffness and muscle spasms in my back and legs are due to inflammation in the Sacroiliac joint on both sides. This is not something new to me but has not been so bad. Then he also realised that I also have a curvature in my spine which they are also going to keep an eye on!

Quite an eventful day really. Apart from all that, when the stiffness and soreness eases after medication I can walk really well without a limp and the faster I walk, the better. So at least I know that my new hip is fine and working extremely well so I have a lot to be grateful for and yesterday has put my mind at rest that there is nothing wrong with my new hip.

So keep being patient, the recovery is well worth waiting for I can assure you. Hope that you progress well. Take advice from your cats, relax like them, they surely are complete experts in it!!!!

Best wishes

Chris
 
Hi,

I actually have four cates, Rocky a street cat who is 23 and diabetic(Orange one), Lady, 15,(Calico) diabetic rescue cat, Shane, 10 year old who thinks he's a dog, (on the pillow and Pricess, not picture who is 8 and a primadonna.I still can't get to my other picture, so a picture of Princess will be forthcoming.

I still haven't gotten permission to do stairs, and my deck is as far as I can go, but the weather was nice today, so I got to spend sometime outside.

Today makes my 2 week mark, and I can't complain if it wasn't for the fracture, I would be doing pretty well. Taking the ibuprphen and tylenol regularly, asn 1 oxycodone instead of 3 throughout the day
 
Our five cats were thrilled when Kevin came home. They glared at me when I came home alone on Wednesday night.
 
Okay, I revolted on Saturday about going on grass and stairs, and went off my deck, just 5 stairs, and walked on the grass to be closer to the water, did fine just made sure the crutches were planted in the grass well before putting weight on them, funny thing was though when I went to go back up the deck stairs.I reliazed that the plank railing, provided no place to hold unto going up, hubby had to be my rail, it was amusing, myself looking at the railing like it was from outer space. I really am thinking that PT is being overly protective

My cats are happy with my restrictions and love cuddling with me, I am not as happy, happy that I will finally have a good hip again when this is over, and hoping that when go to the OS on 11/21, the fracture will have healed enough to allow full weight bearing.
 
Hi Beth

Glad that you revolted safely. Do take good care though. I was afraid of doing anything I shouldn't. The fracture worried me greatly, I had never had any broken bones and for some reason was afraid of ever having any. However, it would not bother me now.

I hope that your appointment goes well for you next week. It will certainly be much easier for you when you are fully weight bearing again.

Thanks for the advice about the bursitis. I did rest etc.over the weekend and it did feel better but yesterday and today it has been quite painful and sore again. The O.S did say that it may be the wires that are irritating it. Not sure if I like the sound of that!!!

I'll catch up with you again soon, enjoy your cats and take care

Best wishes

Chris
 
Well, tried to get permission from PT to do my 2nd floor stairs, and my husband will not support that revolt without approval, so have to wait for the doctor visit and keep my fingers crossed. Pt thinks I am doing well, but that the partial weight bearing is taking a bad toll on my non-operated hip, as it is now locking up again and quite painful, hopefully once weight bearing things will at least reach a happy medium. Over all though mostly relying on Ibuprofen and tylenol and maybe 1-3 oxycodones during an entire day.
Cooked dinner last night and tried to vacumm while not putting weight on the fracture and just ended up over doing it. I know I shouldn't have done it, but My husband dropped 4 eggs on the floor before leaving from work, and I just had to clean it up, quite interesting cleaning egg with the grabber. :) , then I just started moving the vacuum around, I did pay for it later, but at least in a cleaner space.
 
Bellaroma revolts! You are feeling too good, and doing too much, and the next thing you know you won't be feeling so good. But you know that.
So my big question: Where were all your cats when those eggs hit the floor? Mine would have been thrilled.
 
My cats have attitude and all food must be presented to them in the proper manner, and with the dish they prefer, also they prefer there eggs soft boiled
 
:loll: I bet your cats are girls. My little girl cat would probably turn up her nose because she is a lady and very particular about everything, but the two boys would have scarfed those eggs up and then batted the shells all over.
 
Actually, 2 girls and 2 boys, but they all think alot of themselves. I realized that while my drive was upstairs with pictures of my kayak and the fourth cat Princess, they were on my camera which is downstairs, so here it is. Pain not too bad today, but feel that energy drain.
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
 
Love the Tarpons, and that looks like a very inviting place to paddle. Of course, the kitty adds a decorative touch.
Indulge yourself and take a nap---great for energy drain. See if the cats will let you into bed.
 
Well today hopefully will be the day, I finally get out of the house for a short ride, need to go to Costco, but it is a 40 minute drive 1 way, so not sure if that will be the best choice, but the other stores I need to go to do not have scooters and am afraid that if I try to shop on the weekend I will get hit by some crazy lady in a shoping cart and fall or that I just will not have the stamina. Pain not bad today and it is cold in New England today, but sunny
 
Hi Beth

How are you now after your short ride to Costco? I do hope that you are not suffering too much now for doing so!! I also hope that you enjoyed being able to do something 'normal'. The first time that I went shopping I felt like a bird being let out of it's cage.

I can of course go on my own now. I'm ok driving but I am finding it hard work pushing the trolley back to the car. How is your pain now and do you find that you get stiff after sleeping or sitting for a while?

I hope that your post-op goes well for you. I will be very interested to hear what your OS has to say to you.

So take care of you and your lovely cats.

Best wishes


Chris
 
Well made it to Costco, folks were wild though, hitting the scooter and one even hooked into my elbow crutches in the cart, defitly happy I had the scooter for protection. Right now laying down and icing as my leg swelled badly, but it was Great to go somewhere
sissy46, my husband works to late for us to go out on weekdays, so I must fight the throngs , but me an nerdgrrl; are warriors so watch out shoppers
 
Yikes! Costco is insane on the weekends anyway, but this weekend is the weekend before a holiday, so I am sure it was totally wild. You are brave! Maybe you should have been swinging crutch and yelling the warrior yell (Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi!) they would either be afraid or think you'd gone mental, or both. Either way, I think the path would be clear. :heehee:

I am lucky that there is a Costco 4 miles from me, so I can sort of "drop by" any time as long as I can bum a ride (these days). Glad you made it back safe and sound!

-nerdgrrl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom