TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, I don't seem to be blossoming. It appears to be exactly the opposite. Although yesterday was spent tanning, relaxing and reading by the pool and watching movies, today has already been a bit of a beat down. I have found out, not from him, that I have in fact been dumped. Lovely. So not only do I feel like a complete butt for being so concerned about he and his dad, I also feel like a moron for believing all that he told me and I'm exceptionally hurt. As an added bonus, I have also found out that my knee sets off EVERY security system at stores across town. And I got called 'sir' at the grocery store. And to top it all off, I just broke not one, but 2 jars of salsa on my floor. It's not even 10am here. I kinda feel like crawling into the fetal position in a dark corner and just hiding for the next few days.

Just to round things out, my knee is acting up as well. The Gabapentin seems to be working for shorter periods of time and since I'm only to take 2x 300mg pills per day, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to space them. I'm sure moving a freezer on my own the other day didn't help, but that's besides the point.

If I don't post for a few days, it's not because I don't care, I think I just need to shut off from everything for a while. I hope that everyone has a terrific Sunday and that everyone's knees are behaving. xoxoxo
 
Never, ever, blame yourself or feel foolish when you've been open and real with someone and they are an emotional coward. It is NOT you, you know that, don't change. The biggest gift any of us can offer is an open and loving heart. This was simply not the guy willing to climb to the top of the tree...we'll just go ahead and hope his low hanging fruit has a worm in it...

However, I'm 100% on board with this being a call it a day Sunday, climb in bed and watch unrepentant girl TV and open a bottle of that proseco, add a splash of OJ and it's brunch, all day!
 
@DogLoverx3, sorry for your pain. It is unfortunate that that guy did not want to put the effort into getting the good apple at the top of the tree that @Phil75070 mentioned. I only know you through the forum but I think you are great and have a lot going for you. Stay positive and take care of yourself and the right person will come at the right time.

I understand if you need to take a break from us but know that we are all here for you. I will be thinking of you and wish you all the best. Hugs.
 
@DogLoverx3 we are all here. You deserve the very best! I know it hurts. (Do I ever). Take whatever time you need and know that we will be here for you. It is absolutely okay to need that curl up time. I loved Josephine's post over on @greeneyedtattedgirl post about how important tears are. We tend to only accept "happy" emotions. We are (all) made up of SO much more than that.
I wish for you restful recharge time.
xoxox
hopefaith
 
Sorry you are hurting - wish I could make it better. Take your time - we will be here for you when you want us to be. In the meantime love and thoughts are headed your way.

XXX
 
Do you like to yell at people for being stupid? I can help with that...just met with my boss and let him talk me into waiting until February to get the surgery. If I have to up it, I can, and work will support but he started spilling what's going on for the rest of the year with all of my colleagues and even I could see him panic.

In the meantime, I mistakenly told my husband the entire details of the meeting with the OS and he latched on to the one thing I would have skipped...I was told the best possible thing I could do was beef up my quad with cycling. My husband was once a professional cyclist. I now have been measured 6 ways to sunday and fitted on one of his ridiculously expensive bikes, bought all the **** and had my first spin session. I can barely walk from ahhh "saddle soreness" BUT my knee feels fine. Go figure.

Hoping you wake up today and find the joy and snarkiness in your world.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
Doh! I'll write that in my instructions for my OS @dogwheels!! I've just googled TKR humor and plan to post one a day so that when Ellen feels like checking in, she can have a giggle.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom