TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
TexasTee and Dogwheels - thanks for all the jokes! I love them!
 
Thanks for the laughs @TexasTee , @dogwheels & @Phil75070 . Much appreciated.

Yes, TT, are you really waiting until February for your surgery? While I fully understand not wanting to let your job down and all that jazz, is your boss/coworker (can't remember which you said) really looking out for your best interest or his own? Seems like a long time to wait my friend.

@hopefaith , how are you feeling sweetie? Better, I hope.

@Jozilla , I think I read you were headed to your caravan for a bit - enjoy!

@dogwheels - sorry doll, I LOVE Wimbeldon! Good to know where I can stay when I finally get to marking that off my bucket list though. ;-) Oh, and I also saw the slushy/freezy cup at Walmart yesterday (yes, after setting the security alarm off once again). Have you gotten it to work yet?

@Nana moon 27 , I hope you're having a nice time in Wales.

Yesterday was a pretty okay day. I had 'the kids' (not mine as mine all have 4 legs and no opposable thumbs in which to dial a phone) call me to see if I wanted to see a movie and go to lunch, so I did that and then I went to meet a friend for dinner as her new BF (who doesn't deserve that title if you ask me) let her down .... again. Today was a boring one and Richard (the knee) has been very very bad. It's supposed to rain on Friday so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I haven't done anything lately to injure/aggravate it, so I assume it has to do with the weather.

I've been google searching things as I thought I'd lose my 'baromo-knee' when it got replaced, but I guess not. Apparently it has something to do with the fluid around the knee, so those with swollen knees, have issues with changes in barometric pressure. Those without, don't. I'm one of the *ahem* lucky ones. My knee is huge today and hurts more than it has in almost 2 months ~ to the point of limping. Not happy about that. It feels tight and swollen and sore and none of my meds seem to be helping.

@Jamie, does this sound right? That barometric pressure can still affect robo-knees? Also, can you please change my thread from 3 months to 6 months? Thanks so much!!

Oh, and @Phil75070 , I posted the apple tree thing on my FB page the other day and it practically incited a riot with one of my more cynical/bitter male friends. He totally missed the point of the sentiment and got all bent out of shape and defensive and then went on to list the litany of evils of women .... good times. ;-)
 
Ditto on that. My knee knows a change coming about 3 days out....

And @DogLoverx3 It is so interesting (not good however) that my knee has been in more pain the past three days than it has been in weeks. Swollen, tight deep pain. When I read that I'm thinking "woo ooh ew" :flabber: How do you do that on a post?
You are a Leo? (I am Pisces). It's just curious to me.
I am doing a little better.
h.f.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - see? I am near Wimbledon, I can offer sailing, alcohol and sea views - I am the perfect 2 centre holiday destination!

At risk of offending everyone on here, after the (expletive) football, now the (double expletive) Wimbledon and shortly the Commonwealth Games - I am totally fed up of seeing these ridiculously fit people with their rubber, bendy knees cavort about on my TV screen. That's #1 whinge over.

#2 whinge - I am thankful that my knee (Moriarty) does not swell much these days - however my dumb Achilles is playing up on the other ankle and that is swelling big time. My walk yesterday has resulted in a spectacular blister that goes completely round the top of my heel. Nice look! That's what happens when I decide to wear something a little more sensible to walk in rather than go with my usual summer shoes. So it will be Fitflops and flip flops for the next few days and hopefully I will remain upright! However, the weather is gorgeous, so I think another day in the garden may be called for ...........

Oh and no I haven't tried the slushy cup yet. Perhaps this afternoon?

Sorry your knee is still being an a*se on a stick. Hope it calms down soon.

XX
 
@dogwheels :heehee: On the first part.

I have awesome flip flops. Vionic. Seems like an oxymoron. Good. Supportive. Flip Flops.
I am sorry about your Achilles. How very frustrating.

By the way I love your name here. Very creative.
~~h.f.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 & @hopefaith - yes, I think I really am going to wait until Feb...all the reasons to wait that I originally had still exist (ability to take 3 months if I need too and have my short term disability pay out at 90%) and even though my ahh saddle area is not thrilled adding the spinning bike sessions seem to be doing the knee a lot of good. I'm actually wearing heels today (ok, bear trap heels so super comfy and a slightly slopping wedge). Besides - I can't get the op done until I come up with a good name for my knee. You know, in dogs, they seem to live up to whatever you name them so it better be something good! Mr BendyPantsIwillnot everbepainful? Supersonicbetterthanbionic? You know, it's a lot of responsibility....not to be rushed!

I recall reading that the weather does still effect joints - would not have been sorry to hear that that was a myth!

@dogwheels - sorry about your achilles but in my universe, flip flops are ALWAYS the right answer!
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
Okay guys - you win .... I have extracted an extremely grubby pair of once upon a time, pearl-white Haviianas from the 'grubby shoe/wear in the garden/ beach shoe' bag and they will have to do for this afternoon. I have the need for a big salad and cold chicken this evening for supper but I have booked my food delivery for Saturday and nothing in the fridge or freezer will do it for me - doh! Husband isn't here so I think I need to go out and have a forage around the supermarket and post some letters, whilst being mindful not to fall flat on my face!
I will be a real stunner this afternoon with my swollen, oozy blistered ankle - plus to make things that bit nicer, I reek of TCP (do you have that in US? It is a pungent, antiseptic liquid the smell of which is unmistakeable), and I will be shuffling about in my flip flops like a 'Bag Lady' so I don't fall over. Lovely!

I have just been dumped on by my 'friend' who is supposed to be calling in all the favours for our charity do. She has gone to her house in Cornwall (curses) and has emailed asking if I could do it for her and contact everybody. Grrrrrrr ..... I hope she gets stuck in the longest traffic jam in the world on this, the hottest day of the year so far!

I looked up the Vionic flip flops @hopefaith - you know me, any excuse for a pair of shoes! However they were really expensive and only available online, so I cant try them on. Thank goodness for the grubby white ones - they will have to do!

Well the supermarket calls - talk later

XXX
 
@DogLoverx3
Popping in to say thinking of you and hope today is better and each day feels a little more encouraging.
I don't know if I said it before , but your sandals you posted were so,pretty!
Loved the blue!
~~hopefaith
 
@dogwheels , where are the pictures of your grocery outing? It sounds as if you were a vision! :heehee: I have absolutely no room to talk as I'm surprised I didn't get called 'sir' again today while running errands. I opted to embrace my inner Chris and be crafty today! I am attempting to turn a fairly cool looking modular bookcase that I ridiculously covered in mis matched shelf paper eons ago into a modern looking something or other. Not sure if I can pull off the transition from 'kountry krap' (yes, I know I spelled it wrong - just trying to get around it changing my adjective to 'mess') to something cool.

Thanks for stopping by @hopefaith ! Very sweet of you! Thanks for the kudos on the sandals - I wore the blue ones yesterday! Best $8 I ever spent. ;-) Our weather is horrid today. Hot and humid! It's never humid here, so when it is (July & August), we can't function. My knee is absolutely hating this weather! Hurts like the dickens and is big time swollen. Boo. I hope that you're having a nice day.

@TexasTee , I totally understand your wanting to wait until Feb, but now knowing that a partial is actually possible, I don't know that I could wait that long to find out!

@Pumpkln & @Phil75070 - sorry your knees react to the weather as well but glad to know it's not just me and my Murphy's Law life!

@Nana moon 27 , I hope you're enjoying the caravan and am glad that we don't have to put you in a plastic bubble to prevent future injuries. :heehee:

Actually @TexasTee , I didn't name my knee until I had it. Kind of like adopting a dog. You need to experience it's personality and quirks before selecting a fitting name. Thus naming mine Richard. Dick on extra special days. ;-)

Well, back to spray painting ..... me and paint ... yikes! xoxoxo
 
Oh yeah @DogLoverx3 - I looked wonderful - dodgy knee, pus foot and charity shop footwear. Those super models don't stand a chance when I am about! So sorry I didn't take a quick selfie for your amusement.

Your bookcase project sounds fun - are you just painting over the paper covering, or unleashing your creative powers and doing something mega? Whatever - 'may the force be with you'.

Hope you had a good 4th July, doing whatever you are supposed to do on 4th July ???

Enjoy your weekend

XX
 
Hi everyone just popping in to say I'm thinking of you all....I've just been out if it for awhile but getting back to my self slowly. Meeting with white teeth atty tues. Should be interesting
Happy July 4th
And yes even in the city when it's hot,humid or rain coming all my parts hurt!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Here is how I spent my day (as everyone else was out having fun running around). I peeled off years of mis matched shelf paper, spray painted the formerly white frame a brushed nickel and the shelves a bright orange. I kinda did a jacked up job on it, but it looks pretty okay (considering I'm the one who did it) ;-)
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

now I just need to figure out a new spot for the doggie beds to go....
 
Shelves sound great! Is there a picture? It looks like there is something in your post but it doesn't open.

Yes, even though it makes the most sense to wait, part of me really wants it done and over with now but it simply would be pretty rough on everyone in my group. Their stories to tell but it's not fluff, there is a lot happening just now and well, I think if I keep up on yoga, pilates and now spinning then I can keep the pain levels down and quality of good then waiting makes sense. For a while it didn't seem like it was going to be possible but in the last few weeks it's bothered me a lot less. Yes, I wear flats rather than heels and take the elevator rather than the stairs but if I do that, I can function after work. If I don't I can't. Pretty easy choice once I realized what I was doing to myself by acting as if I was just fine and dandy. I know you all went through this, as well! Stupid pride!
 
@DogLoverx3 Yes it does look like there is a link or something but it doesn't open. Would love to see it. Those shelves I almost pulled over on me are now a boring white, but I like the French/cottage look. (Do not think 80's country.....NO). This was a room he had his taste in and I am changing it and trying to change the energy in it. "Light" is my goal in there. I don't know if I will be able to stay here. Oh well, change is inevitable. (There is a good saying about that somewhere, I may have to find it.)
h.f.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom