TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, weird - the picture shows up on my end. I'm so NOT tech savvy..... let's try this:


[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying


good idea to change the 'energy' of 'his' room @hopefaith ! make it all yours (and do something he would absolutely HATE) ;-)

glad you're managing your knee pain @TexasTee ! Keep up the great work!
 
You tease us with a picture @DogLoverx3 and then we cannot open it ....................

Sounds good - more importantly are YOU pleased with your handiwork?

XX
 
Ooops - did I miss something there? My computer is acting weird tonight - or perhaps its just me?

Got it now. Nice job @DogLoverx3. What a lovely array of photos, too.
Husband does not like photos on show - so guess what my study is full of????

Night night all

XX
 
Thanks @hopefaith ! Er, I took the picture from a distance AND it's blurry. I think that helped. ;-) I missed some spots on the frame painting, but it was hard to tell in the sun. Yes, I know, not supposed to spray paint in direct sunlight, but the new house yard is SMALL with no shade except for under the patio and I figured spraying that close to the house would just be an accident waiting to happen. I've had that bookshelf for probably 20 years and it's seen better days, but I do like the colors. :-) Sorry to read of your painting mishap! Thank goodness the can didn't land on your foot!

Thank you @dogwheels ~ as we all know, I have very little patience when it comes to projects, so there are some goofs that I didn't notice until it was back inside and assembled, so I figured it was good enough. ;-) I LOVE pictures. I'm the annoying one that always takes them when we're out. Being senile like I am, I like to capture my memories when I can! When I was in college I used to run around and tell people I was on the yearbook committee so I could take pictures in cool places, with cute guys, doing random things. Uhm, yeah, I wasn't on the yearbook committee, but I got some awesome pics! :-D Your husband sounds like a minimalist. What does he think of your shoe mountain?

xoxoxo
 
Guess who's going to a concert on the 23rd? Can't afford it, but I loooooove them! Me and about 1,000 of my closest aging 80s aficionado friends will be seeing The Go-Gos :) I used to see them every year when they'd come to town, but that was way before I turned into an old man. It's probably been 23 years since I've seen them. I'm so excited! I bought 2 tickets (sort of like a Field of Dreams 'if you build it they will come' mentality), so just need to decide who to invite. Neither of my closest girlfriends are able to go, so we'll see ..... Yippee!!
 
Good morning @DogLoverx3 - I am so pleased that you are made up about the upcoming concert. Hope it is amazing and you find someone to go with you that will further add to the evening - either in exuberation or just plain cuteness. I'm afraid that The GoGo's do not feature on my radar at all ........... in fact I had to Google them just to see if I was making a huge faux pas in admitting my ignorance. Ah! Belinda Carlisle is a name I know, but other than that - not a lot. When I see my daughter this afternoon (who is a veritable walking knowledge factory of all modern music) I will see if she passes any comment.

As for the minimalist thing - yes I think you are right, but then we both lean that way in our decoration. Husband because he's a bit 'tidy desk - tidy mind' and me because I grew up in a 'chintzy knick knack & ornament clutter land' that I disliked intensely!

With the shoe mountain and my hideously huge amount of crafting supplies, it's just a case of what is behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors. Thankfully we have a large amount of storage space and he knows that it is safer just not to look! BTW - the shoe mountain is now sorted and totally organised. All the nice and new are bagged and ordered - the boot collection is now boxed and put away with my winter coats and all the slightly grotty but too good to throw and the ones that I cant wear again (yet) are in a huge zip up container in a cupboard that we do not open :angel: !!

The photo thing is a wee bit different though - he says his memories are inside his head and he doesn't need to put them out on show. I can go along with that up to a point - but people pictures are important to me - hence my own private gallery in my study. Everyone laughs at our holiday photos as they never feature us at all - but that bit I do get - I don't need a picture of me somewhere to remind me I was there. However, I have neatly got over that problem now ...
So many friends used to ask us what things were like in Indonesia and UAE, that I made 2 ma-hoos-ive photo books - printed just like a coffee table book - with pics of where we lived, cars, local stuff, sights, parties etc for each place. He loved them so much that every time we go on holiday now he makes me do another one. I have to agree that it is a little less 'personal' and with everything digital now, its nice because they are more accessible. I did one for my Mum when I moved her into her apartment - the best of 80+ years worth of albums! All her nearest and dearest at various stages through their lives, including herself, in one glossy book that she keeps by her side. Worked like a charm and wish I had my own copy.

Well must go now - things to do etc

Hope you have a lovely relaxing Sunday

XX
 
@dogwheels
I have a sister (we're not close) who has the Knick knack stuff everywhere home. When I visit (very seldom)
I feel claustrophobic and can't wait to get out.
My boots are sorted too, but not my pile of sandals I must admit to.
"Grotty".......I haven't heard that word in a long time. It's fun on here to see all the different words. I need to start asking you and the other UK people what certain words mean. Awhile ago I asked for expressions which I received a lot of feed back. It was nice.
What does "cuppa" mean? I will throw caution to the wind, swallow my pride and just start asking. :yes:
I have been using a few sayings in my non cyber world and it is interesting, the response.
I don't understand why we (Americans). Turned "s" into "z" in words. If I try to do that here, my spell check freaks out. Anyway, just interesting. . .
 
Just ask away @hopefaith - 'cuppa' is 'cup of' ......... so I may go and make a cuppa. No need to qualify what is in the cup as it usually refers to tea.
Yes, there are so many spelling and word differences. I get ridiculously angry playing Scrabble on my computer when it only allows me 'Americanised' words. As George Bernard Shaw once said:
'England and America are two countries divided by a common language'

@DogLoverx3 - daughter responded regarding the Go-go's: 'Errrm 1980's American, right?' Then she probably would upset you, as she said continued by saying, 'I think they wanted to be 'The Bangles'. Sorry about that!

XX
 
Hahaha @dogwheels , love your daughter's response. The Go-Gos were actually around before The Bangles. They're just fun, bee-boppie, happy music and they were very big over here in the80s. They, and Duran Duran used to be the extent of my listening pleasures. ;) I wasn't always the well rounded individual that I am today. :)

I posted on FB (the root of all evil) about the concert and one of my college friends jumped all over getting to go and our mutual friend, my BFF of 20+ years, who lives one state over is trying to work out her schedule so she can come as well. As she has about 3. Dozen kids though, I'm not holding my breath.

I love the bound books of your holidays Chris! That must be a lot of work, but how lovely. Most of my memories are in my head, but I do love to look at photos and especially ones full of the people that are important to me. Oh, and the dogs, of course. ;-)

Good show on tackling the shoe mountain! I still haven't organized my closets from the move. Guess I'm still in a bit of shock that I able to fit all my clothes from the old house into this one!

@hopefaith , my BFF in college (mentioned above) went to university in England for a year, so brought back all sorts of 'isms'. She used to take her car to the petrol station (gas station). Would use the loo (bathroom). Ate her sandwiches with a fork and knife. Referred to the television as the 'telly' any many other 'proper' idioms. She just did it to confuse people, but I thought it was hysterical and I still revert to talking like that around her.

Ugh, I spent part of last night 'debating' with someone who might be the most negative, insulting and defensive person on the face of the planet. An absolute waste of effort and should have just let it go, but I cannot stand victim mentalities that blame everything on everyone else and refuse to acknowledge that there is one common denominator in all of their woes. Them! I'm usually a very compassionate and empathetic person, but not in this case. I just hate when people are rude, always assume the worst of people, and then feel justified in being mean and hurtful. Ugh.

So, about this weather. Yuck. I don't know how you guys who live in humid climates do this. My knee absolutely hates the heat and humidity. Throw on top of it that it's been gloomy too (AZ is the land of 360 sunny days a years) and Richard and I are very sad.

Well, I hope that everyone is having (or had) a wonderful Sunday! xoxoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I spent part of last night 'debating' with someone who might be the most negative, insulting and defensive person. An absolute waste of effort and should have just let it go, but I cannot stand victim mentalities that blame everything on everyone else and refuse to acknowledge that there is one common denominator in all of their woes.

You really shouldn't talk about me on a public forum like this!
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
:heehee: whoopsie, sorry @Phil75070 , forgot you'd be reading this. I meant to talk to you about your attitude. :snork:

You and @JustJeff bring many many laughs to the people on this site and I think it's wonderful the way you two banter about! :thumb:
 
Ugh, I spent part of last night 'debating' with someone who might be the most negative, insulting and defensive person on the face of the planet. An absolute waste of effort and should have just let it go, but I cannot stand victim mentalities that blame everything on everyone else and refuse to acknowledge that there is one common denominator in all of their woes. Them! I'm usually a very compassionate and empathetic person, but not in this case. I just hate when people are rude, always assume the worst of people, and then feel justified in being mean and hurtful. Ugh.

@DogLoverx3 , Ellen,
I saw that thread. Please don't be upset. Your tried to help, but I think that person has problems that we can't help her with.
Well done you, for trying! :friends:
 
Thanks @Celle .... I should have just ignored it....as she has deleted her inflammatory posts, I just look like a moron for posting what I did, but I stand by what I said. Have a wonderful time on your trip!!!

Thanks @Phil75070 ! Good lookin' crew! ;-) (and way to throw Jeff under the bus) :heehee:
 
I saw that thread too. I don't think I have come across anyone so negative and rude on this forum. I think you were kind. I couldn't attempt to get into that. I thought she was just looking to argue about everything.

Phil and Just Jeff you both have been a great addition to this forum. Thank you for making me smile!
 
Hey Ellen , Just checking in on you. The Go-Gos, Oh boy !! We got the beat . !!! I remember them . Hope all is well. Take care of that knee. Im doing fine , knee is great. Just the rest of the body is sore all the time. I must be getting old . Whatever happened with the blood sample they took from your knee ?? Do you have other appointments ?? If I remember correctly, you have nerve issues with knee ?? And gel to help. Fill me in!! Best wishes, Iceman
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom