Guest viewing is limited

TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow @DogLoverx3 what a bargain with those sandals. WTG !!!!

@icep707 that was my experience of man world kicking in. Now you know why my childhood marriage has lasted 37 years! Xxx you guys do see things differently to us. It's no ones fault it's just as it is. However, I have always said that if my marriage broke up, I'd be dating a much older man. They've lived life, experienced the various stages a man goes through and come out the other side, usually older, wiser and lovely with it xxx

Good girl resisting the Vodka, I've promised myself a Black Russian (drink lol) once I'm off my meds.

It's 6.40 am here and I a ravenous. Going down stairs for a bowl of muesli xxx

All my love Nana moon 27 Xxxx (big hugs)
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - bit late thanks to lack of alerts - but I love all the shoes. This just convinces me that daughter and I have to come US shopping in the not too distant and fill several cases!!

As for 'the man' - as I said yesterday somewhere ........ (sorry the threads are all one big blur) .......... he may just be doing the old 'count 48 hours so as not to look too eager' move. But NM27 has a point, you may have given him the dreaded lurgy and we all know how men are so brave (insert sarcastic tone here) with illness. I know from personal experience that a self inflicted bash, break or cut contracted doing manly pursuits will be shrugged off with a testosterone filled shrug of masculine shoulders, but a cold, flu, headache .................... aaaaghh the world is coming to an end! Apologies @icep707 and @Phil75070 - obviously I can only speak for men in UK - not US.

@71Beetle echoes my sentiments, if it is not meant to be ............. But give him the benefit of a few more days, who knows he may have a really good excuse?

@Nana moon 27 - older men may come with more experience and hopefully more money, but they usually have more alimony payments and dependants and less teeth and hair!!

Bye all - talk later

XX
 
@DogLoverx3 You ARE truly awesome. You are very thoughtful, kind. You look out for people on here as well as non cybersville. You know I know this!!! You also are a very strong, attractive woman. (And I hear the ouch). I find it extremely not okay to not connect at all. That's my two cents anyway. And @icep707 I have to agree, men can be so flaky. :thud: (No offense of course).
 
Thanks all. I did get an e mail from him late yesterday. He wanted to check in and let me know that he may have to go back home as his dad is not well and possibly going into the hospital this week so he has been swamped with work and trying to figure out another trip back east (he was just there 2 weeks ago). Still no excuse for doing a complete 180 and falling off the face of the planet, but understandable. Unfortunately he said he would 'try to call' me last night and didn't. Just like he said last Wednesday he'd call (he didn't), last Thursday he'd call (he didn't), Saturday he'd call (he didn't) and now last night. To go from talking every day to not talking for a week is annoying to say the least. Of course I didn't tell him any of that. I just said I was very sorry to hear about his dad, that I was glad he checked in as I was worried and to let me know if there was anything I could do........ I have no right to be upset when he has bigger things to worry about than some woman he met online...

Anywhoo, thanks for all the kind words and support (as always). Guess this one is a wait and see .... I truly wish I could do something to help or support him, but if he doesn't call, then I'm sort of in the dark. Wah, Wah, Wah, if i'm not whining about my knee, it's about my love life. Or lack thereof....
 
Well, I'm glad he checked in...it's not a lot, I get it, but it's a lot more understandable when there is illness involved. Men and their fathers can have just as troubled relationships as mothers/daughters. My husbands father died before we met but I guarantee that he'd have been a PITA during that time.

Nothing more you can do...well, you could quote yoda at him...there is no try, do or do not!
 
haha on quoting yoga to him @TexasTee ! It's one thing to just not call, but stop saying you will and then not doing it. I know he must be overwhelmed with everything right now so I'll try to keep my total neurosis (and b*tchiness) in check.

Thanks @Pumpkln ! How goes the recovery?
 
Hmmmm, here is my horoscope for today:

Leo horoscope for Jun 24 2014
You may be trying far too hard to get something that really should come to you more naturally. You probably think that if you aren't assertive and aggressive and hyper-motivated then you won't achieve what you want. But you need to look at a current goal in a different way, Leo. You need to recognize that it is your birthright, and that you have already done what you needed to do to deserve a chance. Give yourself more credit. Believe more in yourself. And make the assumption that what you want is already written in your stars.
 
That is a great horoscope @DogLoverx3. I especially love the sentence "And make the assumption that what you want is already written in your stars.". Those are words to live by. I am going to put that one on my vision board for sure!
 
Hmmmmmm.......I am a Leo and I can see how that horoscope fits @DogLoverx3 but I can't figure out how it applies to me at all! Horrorscopes are another story.

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
Mmmm @Phil75070 you and @DogLoverx3 and my son all Leo's. You all have this marvellous humour I adore. Phil the joke was fabulous on my thread! Xxx

Gosh it was very appropriate for you DL3 xxxx how are you doing? Xxxx

I slept last night! Woohoo! Xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - how goes it? My week has been absolutely nuts topped off, I'm sure, by my ortho meeting this afternoon. Yikes.

@hopefaith - I put a link on Quasi's site with a number of options for an adjustable ice wrap - good of you to help her out!
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - hope you are OK and that cold has not got worse.

I expect you are really busy. I hope it is not 'work busy' and that you are actually busy having a good time. Just wanted to send a few friendly wishes and vibes your way.

XX
 
Hi All. Thanks so much for checking in on me. Sorry I haven't been around much ~ I've been pretty blue. My friends talked me going into happy hour with them last night and I pretty much sat there like a bump on a log. I'm usually the chatty one that is more than willing to do something stupid and make myself look like an a$$ in order to get people to laugh and I just sat there.... boo.

I catered my big breakfast this morning and a) there was no power in the building (awesome when needing to provide a hot breakfast for 200 people and no one gave me a head's up ahead of time) b) 2 different people told me that I looked like **** (if the powers that be just changed that word to 'mess', it should have said sh*t) c) and I popped my knee. Probably should have just stayed in bed.

I tried to switch from Celebrex back to Diclofenac this week and that didn't work so hot. My knee got very stiff and tight feeling, so I'm back on it - will probably take a few days to start working again.

Everything is starting to pile up again ~ worries about my stupid knee, about my old house not selling, about my new house not being the right one for me, about finances, about you know who disappearing, about his dad, about the kids that I'm so close to, my two old men (dogs) acting weird and finding out there was a shooting not far from my house the other night that I was oblivious to (I often wake up in the morning and discover that I forgot to lock my front door). *sigh* Kind of a lot....

It takes a lot of energy to be down in the dumps. ;-) I think I need a nap

@TexasTee ~ good luck today with your ortho appointment! Please let me know what you find out.

@hopefaith ~ thank you SO much for checking in! I see that TT has taken care of the ice knee wraps for your friend. I hope you are feeling better sweetie. Just by reading above, you know that I 'get it' ((hugs))

@Nana moon 27 I hope you're having a wonderful birthday!

@dogwheels ~ thanks for checking in! I saw your post about your little foxes. Too cute! And no, I've not been work busy or fun busy, but I have been exceptionally busy feeling sorry for myself. Yey me (insert sarcasm here)

@71Beetle ~ thanks for checking in! You do vision boards? I have my 'aura' read once and apparently I have a very rare halo of white surrounding my head - when I looked up what it meant there were 3 possible meanings: 1) that I was being 'watched over' 2) that I was heavily medicated 3) that I was about to die ..... uhm, yeah. The psychic did suggest I make a vision board though .... and start meditating. Neither of which have or are happening. ;-) How are you feeling?

Thanks for the post @Phil75070 ~ shoulda guessed you were a fellow Leo. I used to refer to horoscopes as horrorscopes as well ;-)

@Ellejay ~ I hope you're continuing to have an amazing time on your trip!!

Well, my friends, and everyone that i have neglected to tag or check in on, sorry this is a non-entertaining whiny post of mine.... I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow. Or the next day. ;-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom