TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so exhausted but I cannot sleep. Have played online games til my eyes hurt again x x x x
 
Sorry sweetie. :( I'm upstairs watching HBO.go on my laptop with the dogs. :puppysmooze::puppysmooze::puppysmooze:,
 
Managed to piece together a decent amount of sleep last night. I can't wait for the day when it comes in more than 25 minute (yes, up from 20 - guess i'm making progress) increments. :umm:I did take 2 Tylenol and 1 Tramadol before bed though as my knee has developed some new and exciting (read: not-so-exciting) pains on both sides. I know it will get better. Eventually ...... on the upside, I watched an awesome movie last night on the computer 'Now You See Me'. Very smartly written and fun to watch.

Well, I am off for a busy day (boo), but once again, if I can just make it thru today & tomorrow, then I get to practice the mantras on Saturday & Sunday! No beer festival for me this weekend :cheers: they'll have to enjoy themselves without me....
 
@DogLoverx3 I had a good nights sleep too -- I think a weather front is moving through our area. Now if we could only just get some of the rain that California is getting. Have a good few days :)
 
we have a 100% chance of rain on Saturday here @Chihuahuan ! :shocked:any bets on if it will actually happen? ;-) I guess that means no-one gets to go to the beer festival as it's outdoors :sad: glad you've been able to sleep well!
 
Rain would be wonderful….think we have a 20% chance on the weekend. Must be dumping on you before it moves here.
 
We never get rain here @Nana moon 27 and it is NEVER 100% forecasted! :shocked:The whole town freaks out at the slightest bit of rain as it never happens. Granted, we have horrid drainage for the roads when it rains and it causes lots of flooding, but even the lightest sprinkle makes people drive like complete and utter morons. :whistle:

My knee is being a bit pesky again today. Very tight and stiff (huh, what else is new) and although I've got a ton to do, I'm trying to sit as much as possible. Already delivered to my older couple, so now I just have to finish prepping for tomorrow's breakfast.

One of my pups gave me a HUGE scare today. He's 17 and pretty deaf, so when I left today he was still upstairs snoring away on a doggie bed. I was surprised that he didn't come down when he heard me shake the dog biscuits (funny, he can hear that and only that) :shrug:, but I went on my way knowing he'd wake up in good time and be downstairs to greet me at the door when I got back. When I did get back 2 hours later, no Dickens! :shocked:I totally panicked and ran (ha) upstairs to find him in the same exact spot as when I left earlier and he didn't appear to be breathing. Of course I started to cry immediately and then he looked up like 'why did you wake me mom'? :puppysmooze: I just LOVE that guy and he's never done that before. I'd appreciate it if he didn't do it again either.

Oh, and as for the pic all, I thought I'd let everyone see who/what was behind all these whining, complaining, annoying posts. :beer:
 
Very pretty lady --no wonder you are upset at your knee not being attractive at the moment! I'm way beyond the age where that worries me. I also don't totally care about what I look like in a swimsuit as long as I'm still capable of swimming -- I was mulling on that in the pool today along with all the other ladies of similar age and shape! I was so pleased with my new knee today --it let me do a little breaststroke :egypdance: Now I'm icing as all of me is stiff and a little sore from my swim session.
Sounds like you are somewhere in the greater Tuscon/Phoenix/ Scottsdale/Mesa/Tempe megopolis. I am at the junction of I-10 and NM 28.
 
Haha, you're familiar with town @Chihuahuan :heehee: all the cities butt up against and weave in and out of one another. I'm in NW Phoenix, Moon Valley to be exact (east of the 17 & south of the 101)

Thanks for the nice comment on my pic. This is a tough town to be single in! The 'scottsdale factor' encourages everyone to have fillers and botox and fake boobs and whatever else - I don't do any of that and am doing my best to age gracefully (as gracefully as a huge clutz can), but I can't hold a candle to all the 'pretty people'. It's sadly a very superficial town that I'm stuck in at the moment.

Good for you for swimming! My subdivision pool is not heated so I will have to wait a couple more months to get in the water....
 
Well in my book you are one of the NICE Pretty People. Here in sun city west we have nine pools 7 outdoor and 2 indoor and the out door is heated to 87 degrees. Now that is almost therapeutic. There is nothing about Arizona I don't like but one thing and that is the 118 degree 3 months a year. Beside that it is pretty much heaven on earth. In my opinion Towns ie. Scottsdale, phoenix etc are not Superficial its the Idiots that populate it that are that way. I have no doubt where the time is right every thing happens that is supposed to happen at just the right time. Have faith. I may even get over 120 ROM someday God works miracles. hehehehehe.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 my golly you must've absolutely panicked over poor Dickens. I remember two years ago my daughter crying down the on phone 11.30 pm Christmas Eve because she couldn't wake Millie up. We went bombing over as we walked in she lifted her head and looked at us as if to say "what's the problem man".we just looked at each other!

You do not need Botox or fake boobs. You are naturally beautiful and need to stay that way. There is too much pressure on women these days to be perfect. Good make up and decent hair works wonders!!!! That is my way!!!

Hope to hear from you later. I hope that your day has been a good one. :puppysmooze:
 
Goodness @fiftydollarbill , what a nice thing to say! And yes, I hope you're right about everything happening as and when it should. And that DOES include your reaching 120+ in ROM :)

Yes, @Nana moon 27 , I always worry about Dickens. He's just so old. He's my all-time favorite dog. He was my 1st ever foster dog and I've fostered over 30. He's a happy boy though, so hopefully he'll stick around for a long while yet :puppysmooze::beg: Thank you for your sweet comment, btw.

I've been running around like crazy today. Catered this morning (complete with several people asking me, with a look of disdain on their faces, why I'm still limping after almost 3 months) :sad: , then straight to the accountant, then off to do some 'drive bys' on listings I'm looking at for a new house. I would really like to downsize and really think I will be happier in a 1 story. They're kinda rare around here in my price range, so gotta move fast. :scare:(pun intended as I don't do anything fast these days) :heehee:

Got home a little while ago and have been icing my knee. I kind of want to cancel on meeting friends for a drink, but know that I need to get out and be sociable. So strange that I find that hard to do these days. Probably won't stay long as I'm tired, but it will do me good.

I hope you're feeling better NM27 and that everyone has had a great day!!! xoxoxo
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 OMG these silly people just don't understand this at all. You have to try and rise above it and be the bigger person and resist giving them a sarcastic remark or roll of eyes AND IT IS SO HARD!!!! It irritates me beyond belief what peoples attitudes are like. We are recovering from broken bones as well as having a whole new joint fitted. We have had to learn to walk properly all over again and we are still early in our recoveries!aargh!!! :headbang: A lady at PT today told me she watched the knee replacement surgery on line and said that when you see what happens you understand more why we suffer the way we do. I have a fair idea as I was awake having mine done and the jolts were quite violent at times. It sounded just like a construction site!!!! I cannot face watching the op!!! I'm way too squeamish!!!

I understand your love for Dickens and why you are so fond of him. It's nice to know you are looking for a new place to live. I thought the comment off @fiftydollarbill to you was absolutely lovely, what a nice gentleman he sounds!!! What he said is true though, you are a lovely person as well as pretty!!!

I also know where you are coming from about the social thing I am sure I'm becoming anti social a bit and that's not like me at all. I think though that when you're not feeling 100% it does make you a bit off! I sincerely hope that you do manage to go out it does do us all good to have human contact. It's also a good distraction too!!!
 
Hiya @Nana moon 27 ! Yes, the 'helpful' people of the world deserve a smack in the head sometimes. When I went out last night I had yet another person 'judge' me for leaning on my crutches (as I had been on my feet all day, by the time 5pm rolled around, my knee was hugely painful, so I took my crutches out as it relieves the pressure when I walk). The judgey one then introduced me to her BFF who just happens to be a PT and when she started to tell me that I was way behind (no kidding? duh), I interrupted her, told her it was nice to meet her, and left.

I've been driving around today in the rain looking at houses for my realtor to show me tomorrow. My knee is doing okay aside from being stiff from being in the car so much, but as I haven't been walking on it all that much, it hasn't been hurting. Lovely that at 10 weeks I find the most relief by not walking :-( Boo.

Here's my question to all, I know that going up stairs is easier than coming down. I know that you lead with your 'good' leg going up and lead with your 'bad' leg coming down. When did everyone start walking stairs 'normally'? I still double foot the stairs and for some reason am scared to try walking them normally. I can double foot up and down without holding on, but I think walking them normally would have me pretty much hauling myself up by the railing. :sad: I'd love everyone's input on when and if they walk stairs normally yet and if so, when? Thanks so much!
 
Hi @DogLoverx3, I am living testament that in my personal recovery I am not able to do it. That is what upset my knee and my leg. I still do two feet one stair. Good up bad down. I honestly don't know when really. I really believe it depends in your muscle strength preoperatively. I know I Ellejay does well but she has always done yoga etc which is why she is able to get her legs up the wall and we can't. I am having to do muscle lengthening by stretching under the PT's advice, yoga does all of that and makes your body very strong.

I shall be very interested to read peoples takes on this subject.

I'm glad you went out and good in you for standing up to that dopey PT. She should not judge you without knowing your life or medical background what an idiot!!!!

I hope you find a place to live that is nice for you soon and wish you good luck with all of that my friend.

PLEASE be careful with the stairs don't do what I did it's not worth it honestly.xxxxxxxxx


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo:puppysmooze:
 
I just looked up my posts. I was doing steps foot over foot up and down at three months, but very carefully and clutching the railing.
 
If only each person could have a tkr they would truly understand. Good for you for walking away. No sense talking to people like this because it probably would not do any good.

I am just shy of 12 weeks. I can go upstairs normally though I usually don't as it does hurt a little. I definitely wouldn't try coming down yet though. I forgot on my way down a couple weeks ago and it hurt! And that was just one step. So for now I am happy to do double foot it!
 
I'm the same as Jozilla --her TKR is a day older than mine :) I can go up a step fine--down I forget then very quickly remember I've used the wrong leg. I haven't been up/down a long flight of stairs since my op --think 4 stairs is the most I've come across when out shopping.
RAIN!!!! Aren't you lucky….make sure there is some leftover for us :beg::beg::beg:
 
Everyone is different. I have very little help other than my GF. Im entering my third week Monday. So ive been forced to do alot by myself. ive been very fortunate so far with pain or lack of pain and moving around this early on. Much further along than I feared pre op. Anyway around day 7, I ventured upstairs while I was home alone. 14 stairs. I had my cell phone with me and unlocked the front door , in case I fell and broke something. I made it up and down surprisingly well. Textbook fashion , just like they showed at hospital. However 2 days ago I tried going upstairs one foot per stair with success ! Was it pretty ? Absolutely not. I used more hip than anything but I did it. On the way back down is a different story . Not confidant at all. Still coming down 2 feet per step. As I mention earlier ,every one recovers at a different speed. And its best not to compare. Its just that theres soo many different speeds of recovery. You are doing very well . So keep it up. Im on the west coast , in Sonoma county 50 north of San Francisco ,weather today is gorgeous. Looks like spring is early. But im home on my lovely CPM. BTW. I think fostering dogs is very commendable. Thank you for your service for the voiceless dogs :angel::puppysmooze::thankyou:.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom