TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there love the doggies. I only have one 17 lb very spoiled Bijan who knows exactly when I feel bad and wheni feel good. they are so so smart and I know you being sarcastic when you say they are your care givers but they really are. when I am not feeling so hot he just cuddles withme and gives me lots of love. How can you beat that. Hope you house hunting goes well. It is a big job moving like you say and I don't envy you the task at all. I am sure you get through it. bill
 
Hi @fiftydollarbill as a previous dog owner I miss the unconditional love and loyalty of a dog. They're great companions. Our last one died ages and ages ago but unfortunately for me my husband will not hear of having another x x x
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
my OS FINALY took out staples and the whole pain meds have me going nuts cause I waited 4 years for my left now my right is worse than the TKR different kind of pain I go PT 3 days a week and Jane ( my new knee) hates the cold that or my scar.
Thank you all for being here I feel better knowing I am not alone !! I get frustrated and then it snows UGH
 
I was just following the threads on stair climbing and am experiencing the same love/hate relationship with my stairs. Been practicing at PT, now at 8 weeks post op, I'd give it a try at home and going up the stairs went very well:)! I am too chicken to try going downstairs yet:sorry:! Have a center hall colonial with three steps a landing and then ten more steps. It felt good to know my knee can handle it. Don't want to push on going down the stairs yet. Good luck on your house hunt...I love checking out houses but can understand how taxing it would be with our cranky knees!
 
@seabum , Jane is a MUCH nicer name than the one I have for my knee :heehee: You are absolutely NOT alone, so I'm glad you found us!

@fiftydollarbill ~~ yes, my 'old men' are very sweet and gentle with me and it's actually funny because Dickens, the 17 year old, has always done 'drive by' licks - like one swipe of the tongue on my leg or foot and then he moves on - well he will ONLY lick my TKR knee now. Too bad it totally creeps me out as he always licks the numb side, but sweet, none the less. He will come and check on me whenever I leave the room and even when I get up in the middle of the night he'll wake up to see where I am and then when he sees all is good, he goes back to bed. :puppysmooze: No comment on how my spastic 3 year old has been. :doh:

@Trixieknee congrats on the stairs at home (going up, at least) ;-) Not even thinking, I went up 'the right way' last night but decided it hurt my knee half way up, so reverted to the 2 step-slow-as-molasses method. ;-) I though (for about a millisecond) about trying to go downstairs normally and then came to my senses :heehee:

Today has been a rough one. My knee was sending me zingers most of last night (the weed pulling? the shopping? the house hunting?) so I was unable to sleep. It's been sore today too with more of a stabbing and burning pain, and honestly, every time I think I have the pain figured out, it changes in location and intensity. So annoying! :hissy: I don't have much going on the rest of the week aside from obsessing over the house hunt (I actually cried on the phone when talking to my realtor today - who is this person that I've become?) :blush: so I'm going to try to take it easy.

I'm so ready for everything to turn around and start going right for me. This surgery has made things difficult for me in so many different ways. I know it will and is getting better, I'm just tired.

I hope everyone had a great day! xoxoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @fiftydollarbill as a previous dog owner I miss the unconditional love and loyalty of a dog. They're great companions. Our last one died ages and ages ago but unfortunately for me my husband will not hear of having another x x x
Hi, as wonderful as the furry friends are they are a lot of work and expense that's for sure, but to me they are well worth it. My last one was a poodle/terrier mix and he lived for 17 years. they become just like your children and you have to consider them in most what you do. I am not sure if anything happened to my cuerrent puppie (names Kobi) not for Kobe brayant a shortening of a japaneese word for sweetheart I would get another. I admire doggie lover for her devotion to her three. Big job as we all know. bill
 
you are such a good person to be able to nurture those puppies and yourself at the same time. as I mentioned taking care of dogs takes a great deal of time money and materials to make it happen. They are wonderful. but I admire you being alble to do what you do and care for a whole house full of puppies. Keep up the good workl
 
Hey Doglover. I hope you find the house of your dreams. It sure can be frustrating looking at house after house. I remember a couple of years ago when I bought my place , all the run down piles of doo doo I had to look at . One house was so scary, I was nervous opening the front door. I mean ,I was scared . My heart was pounding . Real estate is outrageous in the bay area. But I found a gem 10 miles from work and 50 miles from San Francisco. Its so gorgeous here. Other than a small earthquake every 10 years , it a blessing to live here.

You have the cutest support team, with all their fur and teeth , when you said your dog would like your numb part on your knee , I could imagine the feeling. Well keep up the good fight , hope you accomplish all your goals this year . God bless.
 
Hi @fiftydollarbill

Thanks for your reply. We had two dogs one after the other. The first was a border collie cross and she lived for thirteen years, the other was an Alsatian cross, she only lived for 8 years and died from a massive fit. She was a mother and son interbreed, (we rescued her from someone who kept the litter outside in the snow!!! ) and the vet said the interbreeding that was why she had the fit. Something to do with the genetics. I loved having the dogs and still miss them. I would love a little dog like one of @DogLoverx3. She is awesome with her little crew!!! Speak soon love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Thanks all ~ @fiftydollarbill I'm only great with my dogs because I don't have any humans to take care of. I love my dogs dearly and would do anything for them, but they're not really a substitute, ya' know? I fear I am going to become the canine version of the 'crazy cat lady'. :puppysmooze:

I am being faced with the same challenges @icep707 regarding house hunting. Either totally icky houses, or a nice house in a questionable area, or a nice house in a nice area that I either can't afford or is too small for me. I hate that I'm moving again, on my own. I bought the house I'm in not even thinking that I'd still be here alone 10 years later. I guess some things just aren't in the cards for everyone. :-( I love the area that you're in. I'm glad you found a great house for you!

Sorry, apparently I'm feeling a little sorry for myself (again) today. Going through all of this alone is just SO sad and overwhelming.

I slept fairly decent last night (only woke up at midnight and 3 am before getting up at 6) and my knee is feeling 'okay' today. Stiff and ugly (par for the course), but no pain, so that's a good thing. I don't have much of anything planned for today, so will probably just try to get rid of lots (and lots) of things as I'm apparently going to have to downsize much more than I anticipated.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!
 
So sorry to hear you are feeling blue. Pets are such a source of comfort..I have two big orange cats and a mutt named duke...All rescues...and all have helped with my recovery! The cats loved the afternoon naps! Hopefully you will find a gem of a house that is just the right size. Keep your chin up, watch a funny movie...sometimes a good laugh does wonders. Watched Stripes the other day uncut and laughed outloud...felt good!
 
Thanks @Trixieknee , yes, my boys love me being home more than usual and they're always up for a mid-day nap (too bad I don't actually get to sleep) :whistle: Thanks for the cheer up suggestions - I love the movie Stripes! :heehee: I'm working on my much needed attitude adjustment - it's just slow going today.

I keep reading about everyone's terrific recoveries and lack of pain and abilities to walk for long distances and everything else and although I would NEVER begrudge anyone a good/quick/pain free recovery, I'm just jealous. Mine has been so hard and slow going and I know it's a factor of my own doing, but still :boohoo:

@Nana moon 27 knows exactly what I'm talking about, huh? :friends:I hope she's sound asleep right now as I type this though.:sleep: I need to focus on the positives and know that everything will get better! Right?!?!?
 
Good luck @DogLoverx3. I hope you find your dream place soon. You really have had ups and downs but are such a strong person. Hang in there!! Hopefully soon we will be reading posts on how well your move went. Wishing you some much deserved peace!
 
Never sell yourself short, you will do fine. At 51, I have come to realize enjoy life today because who knows what tomorrow may bring? The game of life is a one time deal and there are no replays. There are those days I ask myself why in the hell did I do this, but I cannot undue what has been done, so no option but to move forward. Hangin there it does and will get better.
 
@DogLoverx3 I am about to sleep,now. Yes definitely focus on the positive things in your life. Your successful business, owning your own home, having those gorgeous little dogs and very importantly a good network if friends at home and on here! I'm also trying the attitude adjustment. A positive, can do attitude works wonders!!! Believe me, my good friend, it's true! x x x x o x x x:puppysmooze::angel:And now I'm going to :sleep:try....night night!xox (massive hug)
 
thanks @Nana moon 27 , they seem to have removed my positive outlook along with my poopy knee ;) thanks for you kind words, but you know as well as I do that I'd trade it all in a heartbeat for.....

I've been getting the sharpest stabbing pains in my knee the past couple of nights. They come out of nowhere and hurt like heck! Strange as I haven't been having much pain aside from the usual (and annoying) tightness and stiffness during the day.....
 
thanks @Nana moon 27 , they seem to have removed my positive outlook along with my poopy knee ;) thanks for you kind words, but you know as well as I do that I'd trade it all in a heartbeat for.....

I've been getting the sharpest stabbing pains in my knee the past couple of nights. They come out of nowhere and hurt like heck! Strange as I haven't been having much pain aside from the usual (and annoying) tightness and stiffness during the day.....
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I finally dozed off not for long. I've woken up in a lot of pain. Going to take a morphine top,up 10mg. I hope that'll do the trick. This site is playing up tonight. I have tried twice to do this message now. The first time it vanished, the second time the site went right off. Do you think your pains are zingers? I hope you'll get some good quality sleep! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
sorry you woke up in pain :( i hope your morphine works and you're able to get a bit more rest.

Not zingers that I'm getting as I remember though so very NOT fondly on the sides of my knees but those were all day long. Strange that it only happens at night.

I have a friend trying to explain computer mumbo jumbo to me. It's totally going over my head!

xoxoxoxoxo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom