TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Lab Corp, they send me the results in just a few days. Sorry you are having to put up with such lousy service.
 
@DogLoverx3 - I sincerely hope you find some answers, and soon. Even if your original OS won't admit he gave you the wrong size, I am amazed that he doesn't seem concerned about your ongoing pain, stiffness and other chronic issues. We place our trust in these surgeons and this was a major decision, and to have that trust shattered like this...I'm just boggled.

Will be reading your updates - hope your pups are doing well. :)
 
Hi @pumpkin, they send my results to the ordering doctor and then I wait for the doc to call me. I didn't know I could have them send the results directly to me. Good to know.

Hi @lunula ; another young one! Thanks for your post. I'm baffled as well as to why my original surgeon showed absolutely no intention of trying to figure out why I am still in pain and was more concerned with making me feel like a big dummy. Good times. This last surgeon though, finally, seems interested in finding out WHY I hurt and not just trying to cover up the hurt. Your surgery date is on my 1 year anniversary! :fingersx:

Still no word on blood test results, but did get my bone scan thingie scheduled for December 2nd. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it! Okay, I'm not, but it will at least be nice to know a 'yea' or 'nay'.

My pups are good, thank you! :doggie::dogsniff::doggie:
 
Happy to hear you have your bone scan scheduled, my bone scan was no big deal in the end. We went out to lunch between scans. The dye is a bit cool, but not a big deal. No you won't glow in the dark. Drink lots off fluids after words to wash the dye out of your system.
 
@DogLoverx3 I know what you go through with the blood draws and IV's. My veins seem large enough to not be a cause of concern but once they stick the needle in it is like to magnets of the same polarity that can't be made to come together!

Don't take everything @pumpkin says as the truth - you WILL glow in the dark but not for very long! LOL

I sure hope these tests can reveal something and get you started on a course of treatment that will resolve the issues. Did I miss something?Has there has been some acknowledgement of incorrect sizing?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
they send my results to the ordering doctor and then I wait for the doc to call me. I didn't know I could have them send the results directly to me. Good to know.

The labs send my results to my doctor. I phone his surgery 3 days after any tests, to get the results. My doctor is helpful and after I have phoned, he will have the results faxed to me if I ask.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3, I'm sorry I've missed a fair bit of excitement on your thread, things seem to be actually happening at last, that's great! fingers and toes crossed here that something positive happens this time, and you get an improvement at long last. xxx Lyn
 
Hi @Karringtyn , nice to see you. Glad you're doing so well. Keep up the great work!

Thanks everyone else for checking in. Apparently the surgeon won't go over blood test results over the phone and is waiting for my follow up appointment on the 15th in order to go over both bloods and the results of my bone scan thingie. Boo. I'm adopting the 'no news is good news' thing as I can only assume they wouldn't let someone with a raging infection roam around unknowingly.

I've made plans to go out of town for new years. To somewhere very cold. Not sure that's a good idea, but oh well. It will be a big week for me ~ 1st airport with robo-knee, 1st plane ride (i guess that goes along with the airport, but oh well), 1st walking in snow (eek!) and 1st REALLY cold temps (I may whine about it being cold here, but c'mon, I live in Phoenix). It will be worth it to get out of town and spend time with a very good friend. :-)

Hope everyone is well!!!
 
Hi @DogLoverx3
I think that you are right about the no news good news. That's very exciting sounding news about the holiday away. Good for you. I'm really pleased. Cold sounds fun especially involving snow x x I think you're very brave.

How are you keeping!

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
@DogLoverx3 Hi! I live in Florida and have spent the last 30 days in Michigan. Thankfully, the cold and snow has not affected all my joint replacements. In fact, I asked my surgeon about it before I came and he said my joint replacements temperatures are the same as my internal body temperature. I honestly don't feel any different EXCEPT for muscle aches because of all the walking on uneven terrain. There is ice, slush, and snow here. I'm VERY careful when walking outside. I wear hiking boots w/ good treads.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the insight into the cold weather @MotownGirl66 ! I've got snow boots (if I can find them). I'm just a bit terrified of falling and/or slipping. As I'm the world's biggest clutz it's practically a miracle that I haven't yet in the past 11 months *knock on wood*. I am wondering about the security at the airport. I've heard you need to show them your scar? I wasn't really planning on wearing shorts or a dress to the snow, so I may actually be changing clothes in the airport? Good times. Hopefully I'll get a pat down from a cute TSA ;-)

Thanks @Nana moon 27 . @Phil75070 , I had forgotten to respond to your question earlier regarding what I believe to be an over-sized component in my robo knee. No, I have not gotten any sort of confirmation, yet when I ask the surgeon(s), I get a vague 'the implant looks stable' when I ask if there is even the slightest chance that it is the wrong size ~ effectively avoiding a direct answer. Boo.

I've started back to the gym ~ I just strap on my uber techy looking red brace really tightly. I managed to do the eliptical yesterday which I haven't been able to do in the past, so that's good I'm guessing. I wasn't brave enough to try any leg machines though, so did some arms, back and core machines (to which I've been rewarded with a back that feels like it's going to go out any minute). Ahhh, the fun of getting old and falling apart.

For those over the pond, our Thanksgiving is tomorrow (Thursday), so will be spending the day with friends being a gluttonus sloth. :-)

Hope everyone is well!
 
I am wondering about the security at the airport. I've heard you need to show them your scar? I wasn't really planning on wearing shorts or a dress to the snow, so I may actually be changing clothes in the airport? Good times. Hopefully I'll get a pat down from a cute TSA ;-)

I've never had to show my scar. I've offered to do so a few times, but they always say no.
I always sound the alarm bell and then I get patted down and checked with the hand-held wand, which always beeps louder around my TKR.
 
I haven't flown since my TKR, (we drove through the tunnel each time we went to France), but I did have to go through the security scanners when I went up The Shard in London. I took the print out of the 6 week x ray, and the letter from my OS to my GP, explaining what he'd done, but as it happened I didn't need them, no alarm went off. I'm sure that might be different once both knees have been done.
Happy Thanksgiving xxx
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - well done you with the gym - the chilly holiday for New Year sounds brilliant!
I set off all the alarms when we went to Budapest in October, but I did not have to flash my knee. Big pat downs from large burly women - no fun! At Heathrow they knew it was knee area as according to hubby the lights flashed at knee level when I went through. In fact the officer then mouthed to me 'Knee replacement?'. Better than at Budapest when they shouted across security 'You have false metal knee?' and everyone turned and looked!

I have decided that on future trips I will not remove belt, watch etc - as I am going to set everything off anyway. It will save having to get dressed again.

Happy Thanksgiving

XXX
 
@DogLoverx3 I really hope you get some answers after the 2nd! You have been through quite a journey with all of this. I am sorry it has been so hard. But we are here. (:
h.f.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom