THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! @JanetLynn, what a story! Its good you could laugh, I bet you were scared when you started flipping backwards! Thank you for the compliment about my posts. And for the good giggle.
 
@CricketHip
Your chair sounds like the bomb! I wish I had one of those when I came home. I have just a regular manual ones that I had to rig with extra pillows to sit on and I couldn't recline it when my hubby wasn't home, cause I needed him to close the foot rest. So I just used a regular foot stool for a few weeks. Now I can work it myself, thank goodness. I am just as happy as I can be, for you and how well you are doing. It's remarkable what our bodies are capable of handling, isn't it? I noticed the discussion about tramadol ... I couldn't take it when my OS prescribed it before my surgery. I tried 3 separate times and each time, within 15 minutes of taken it, I got the most horrendous heartburn. The first time, I just thought it was something I ate, then it happened again and again. So, no tramadol for me! But, I hear it IS the wonder drug for most hippies. I wish it had worked for me, but Percocet did the trick, with no side effects.
Thoughts and prayers for continued improvement with each day better than the one before. Have a restful night, my dear.
 
Hello! @Nana757
I wish you could have had a lift chair, too! I am not so sure I'll want to give it back !! I am enjoying the bed and cushions/pillows right now but will sleep again in the chair. It helps my hubby get a good night's sleep, too. I can get up and down without waking him.
So, the soreness has abated a good bit. I'm pretty sure it was from the PT the day before. If I am still as good tomorrow, then I hope to walk the length of our driveway and be outside for a bit.
 
I hear ya. I set up my nest in our spare bedroom so both of us could get restful sleep. I would worry I would disturb him and he was worried he would roll over and hit my hip or something worse. So it was a win win for both of us.
Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and you can have a pleasant walk tomorrow. It's been cloudy all day here, but breezy. Taking advantage of the cooler days and nights and airing out the house with open windows. Love the smell of fresh air in the house.
Have a peaceful night.
 
g'night @Nana757 nothing better than fresh air in the house.. :)
 
Congrats @CricketHip and welcome to the other side! I'm so thrilled for you! I remember being so grateful for the aquacel bandage and that my incision glued shut...that first shower on day 2 was heavenly. I'm glad to hear you're recovering well and I hope it continues!
 
Goooooood grief a chap gets caught up in work and doing school visits for a few days and look at you. No longer crickety but deffo a hipster. You are doing well lass. It was an interesting debate on tramadol I was on eight tablets a day and now about two tops. Good to be home hey I missed my pooches and just the good old homely feel. Keep on trucking lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@CricketHip So happy to see you on the other side. Glad your surgery went well and you seem to be doing great! 3 1/2 weeks until my second side is done. Even though I had a great recovery experience when I had my left hip done, I still can't shake the nerves for the second one.

Keep up the good work!!
 
@ilovefall
I can only imagine, especially since the first experience was a good one. But I wouldn't be as nervous going in, now that I know how the procedure goes. 3 1/2 weeks! That will go fast! I bet you will do really well. Thank you for checking in.
 
So, today is Day 4! I still sleep in little spurts, when I begin typing on the laptop, it immediately makes me drowsy. hah. I wake up twenty minutes later with laptop on my lap and gibberish on the screen.
So, I still feel pretty darn good. I have the usual soreness and that tight, stingy thigh but it's not a terrible pain of any sort. I hope to take my first shower this afternoon, get dressed and hopefully go downstairs and walk outside.
Just my 100 steps. And as I type tis I realize that after the shower I will be tired and the walk may need to wait til later tonight or even tomorrow.
My swelling is pretty significant. It's a true log leg.
Yes, I will go there, I had my first BM this morning!! Life is indeed good in the suburbs of Philly. hahaha
I only do a small amount of the exercises but they are easy enough to do and after I do them I am more flexible and able to pull myself up and out of the bed all by myself.
I still use the walker. I used the cane for a bit yesterday and only because I was in a tight spot in the room and thought I would fit easier. It went ok but I felt my body mechanics change and I don't want that to be the pattern.

So, that's it! I hope that all of my BS buddies are doing well and having a nice day.
 
Good morning @CricketHip! Glad to hear you cleaned the pipes this morning. It is at the top of the list for early accomplishments! And, yes, the log leg and swelling. I think it was right at 2 weeks when the swelling finally started to subside rapidly, for me. The log leg feeling will diminish with every step you take, and day by day. That first shower is going to feel wonderful. Enjoy and relax!
 
Sounds good and v wise to know that shower whilst invigourating will also fatigue you. Sheeesh a errrrr big maltezer day four I went to day six and boy was it uncomfy. You really are doing well I was kept in hostipital till day six, the nurses wanted enough time for revenge. Doing well lass that is you are not me, well I'm doing ok. See now I have confudled myself.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@CricketHip
Fall surgery and recovery.....Too bad there is not a way to heliport us to a recovery cabin in the Smokiee Mtns. All expenses paid!:)
Hope u r feeling good today. In Louisiana i.e. Baton Rouge we have 4 seasons: mild heat/humidity, moderate, dang hot, and unbearable. ......We r in moderate season right now.
Glad u r getting your seating arrangements going.....Wish i was related to Disney: IMAX recovery chair......featuring cool bottom technology, isothermal massage , 18 inch HD flat screen ...bose wave technology, and of course......feeding tube caddy
Ok......that is a Clark Griswald dream.
Well wishes to u and everyone having surgery this week!:)
 
Thank you, sweet Cynthia!! my goodness I just took my walk and when I got back to "the chair"' I fell fast asleep@! Awww.. the sweet first days of healing!

So, how are YOU? Is Mr. Bosu treating you well?
 
How's the weather in Philly today? It's breezy and mostly cloudy and @ 75 here in VB. Its wonderful just to get outside and breath in some fresh air, even if it is for a short while. Enjoy the rest of your day in your chair! :ice:
 
@CricketHip so happy to read your post, it calmed me immensely. I had a panic attack in the middle of the night, not about the surgery but rather completing my list of 'to do' items before hand :loll:. Are you really as calm as you sound? Such an inspiration to me. Your walk sounded great and falling asleep after just perfect, continue your wonderful healing ways:doggie:.
 
@Plum Perfect
I actually am! Now, I will admit that I get testy when things don't go smoothly and a couple times they haven't. But have been able to shake it off and have enjoyed the recoup time.
I was like you beforehand, though. Of course I didn't get them all done but enough of them were completed so that the house looks pretty good and things were organized enough to get by. I hope that by next week I will be able to do the banking and accounting for my business and for personal accounts.
You know what? It occurred to me that we are all so blessed to live when we do and to have such great advances in the joint replacement fields and why not try to enjoy the experience and practice gratitude?
But check in with me next week. I may be a sniveling wreck by then!
You still have several days left, you just do what you can. It will be in good shape in another 3 or 4 days.
 
@Nana757
It's very sunny with a bit of a breeze. 82* with low humidity
:ok:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom