THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CricketHip, it sounds like a lovely day! Is it weird that I did an out loud 'Right On!' when I read about your BM? :heehee:
Sending good vibes out for the log leg to dissipate quickly. Be good to yourself. You have a big cheering squad out here! :)
 
@CricketHip It so made me smile when I read about your walk and falling straight asleep, to my mind that was one of the most pleasant times in my recovery, not to mention the falling asleep mid conversation with someone and being able to laugh about it afterwards. Enjoy your healing time when you can and try not to stress too much.

Good luck and have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Good morning smarties!! So, is it a bad sign when I am pressing buttons on the T.V. remote and wondering why my lift chair isn't moving??? :heehee:
I slept more last night than I have since the surgery. I was able to lie flat for at least 4 hours of it and it felt mah-veh-lus!
Hubby had to leave the house around 6:45 am and my aide doesn't arrive til 9 am. I've been doing ok! My nest is well stocked and the chair helps me to get up (when I figure out that I have to use it's own remote).
But will be glad to have her here to help me get dressed and cleaned up. I am also ready to nap again.
 
awwwww thank you @pamac ! I really do feel pretty good. I think I am still in the high that you get after surgery. you know the one, the "thank God I am alive and the surgery went well and my insurance company is paying for it" high. :rotfl:
I am also grateful for my skorts. That was due to @beachgal giving that information. they are comfy and super duper and it's still warm enough here to get great use of them.
@Medfordart, yes I am hearing that the traffic is crazy! The aide encountered quite the mess getting to my house. The Pope will be staying in a seminary very close to where my husband teaches ( St Joe's University) so I am wondering how his drive to work was!
So, its Day 5. The only issue that troubles me is the laxity in my left knee.. that is the operated side. I have to be very mindful or it will hyperextend and feels loosey goosey all around inside the entire joint.
The PT exercises should help but I am practicing extreme caution when walking, I sure don't want to have it slip or slide and have a new problem.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 5 @CricketHip, hard to believe the time has gone by so quickly. How was your knee before surgery? Were you having pain there? One of the reasons for my THR is that the pain now refers to the knee and I was worried my knee would deteriorate the longer I compensated for my hip. I should be in PA now, every year, for the last 20, I go to PA in October for a dog show. It is called Montgomery County and is the largest Terrier Show in the world, I'm sorry to miss it this year and plan to really enjoy it next year feeling great.
You don't mention pain or any adverse issues (except the knee) so glad your recovery is so smooth, nearly a week already! WooHoo, good to be in healing mode.
 
@CricketHip I have been following the Popes visit to the U.S. on the News.Sorry to hear that your knee is giving you trouble I have read on here that the knee of the operated side goes through quite a bit of punishment during a THR as they need to manoeuvrer it quite a lot to fit the implant.Apparently the discomfort is temporary and the knee does settle back down again during recovery.@Plum Perfect I also have referred pain In the knee in fact my knee is worse than the hip and it is hurting right now after my short beach walk this morning.At least this is confirming my decision to have the THR as the doubts were creeping back in after a couple of low pain days.
 
I'm wearing my skorts today as I am working in our flower beds for the first time in three years! WooHoo!

You're recovery is rewriting perfection. So happy for you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Plum Perfect no, my knees usually don't bother me, just some of the referred pain that others talked about and figured out that mine came from a too tight Iliotibial band, which prevents the knee cap from "tracking" correctly.

This is more like I have a slightly sprained knee. And overall, I really have nothing to complain about. I feel pretty darn good! Sure, when I try to get out of bed the muscles "talk" to me and I have a log leg but I can tell that this joint is a happier joint and as @Kim22 said, it feels like it's on the mend. Pre Op I felt like I was wasting time and sitting and watching it deteriorate. A powerless feeling.
If there was only a way to prevent those pre op jitters and doubts. It's truly worse on that side of the surgery.
The biggest problem for me? Is how to eat in bed and not get crumbs all over. haha
 
@beachgal !! Another thing to look forward to.. I so miss puttering in my gardens.
 
I will Copsham,, I will!
 
Oh Doodles. I wish you did, too!
 
Hope the knee is OK. It will be extra pressure also it has learned to work in a different alignment as you painfully walked pre opp. If like me you often did the straight leg walk all those muscles to lift and bend leg were on a sabbatical. Hope today is better. Oh re gardening I have already decided I'm going to build some raised beds esp for my herb section.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Happy to hear you rested well last night @CricketHip! It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? I had knee issues, prior to surgery, from all the limping and overcompensating I did. Now, it still bothers me, like its twisted and sprained. My PT gal attaches the TENs device to it once I'm all done with PT and iced up. It has really helped. Also, my OS recommended Motrin, which I now take a couple of times a day. It seems to be easing up quite a bit.
Yeah...you're muscles are going to talk to you quite a bit in the coming weeks and, at times I'm afraid, scream at you. But, I looked at from the perspective that all is good and it's all part of the healing process. I'll take muscle pain any day over the hip pain. Have a wonderful day!
:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Crickethip, just checking in to say Hi and let you know I've been following your recovery thread when I can, in between visiting...my mom, son, son and grandson, who are here visiting. I've been rather busy but trying not to overdo it. I'm SO happy for you that everything is going so well and smooth with your recovery! That's just awesome. I hope your knee is feeling better. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom