THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Achy here too which is unexpected as I had a week of no aches and great activity. Now same activity and new muscles and tendons I never noticed are demanding notice...darn healing joys

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @CricketHip, Hope your roast and scalloped potatoes turned out well. That sounds like a delicious combination. I hope your PT is going well, and that you continue to heal. I understand about feeling mopey. I've noticed that I've been more emotional since this surgery. It seems to bring up stuff. But, at least the surgery is behind us. Take care of yourself.
 
@CricketHip
Glad u r not mopey:) Enjoy time with family. U R doing great. Continued good PT and rest. Thank u for all sage advice.
Shouting out chocolate thoughts and wonder years moments! LOL.
God bless to your family, too.:type:
Seems like yesterday we were on the other other side. Stay strong and cheerio
 
Did I smell a roast. Now that just isn't fair as now all I can think of is a roast...........
You are doing well and the need to be occupied is just that a need to do more the brain is saying OK much of recovery is done now, next please. A wee note and its yup don't over do it.........

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hey @CricketHip! I am so happy to hear your blues have subsided and you are on the up-tick again. Keeping busy without over exerting yourself is the key. Have a mahvalous day!
 
Hey @topgun Happy Friday and I sure hope you get to rest a lot over the weekend..

@Legin the roast was a good one! I wish all of my bonesmart buddies could have stopped by and joined us for dinner..
@DeepBreath and @hippywoman- my recipe is pretty simple. I was able to find a link with good roasting instructions- I don't use the seasonings mentioned in recipe, though, I just rubbed the roast with something called Gravy Master?
It turns out very tender and is easy to slice thin and have sandwiches from the leftovers.
https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roast_beef/
 
Hi @CricketHip glad you are on the up again. You have made brilliamt progress and I remember having up times then downers which just sort of apprared out of no where.

I too fancy a roast now. We have been trying to finish off the party food from my younger sons party on friday. We seemed to have made loads too much healthy type food and chicken and no one seemed to eat as much as we thought..except us and so ...we have eaten very heathly and no sunday roast. ..i will be checking out your recipe link.

Keep doing well and thank you for all the support you have given me x
 
7 weeks today! Guess how I celebrated? I gave my first massage session. :)
Luckily I have a variety of clients that need something other than deep work so scheduled an "easy" session and it went really well. I could feel some pulling deep in the joint and took note of it to adjust my approach and know that I need more time to take on a full schedule but hey, if I can see some of the people, I will be happy!
In all, it went well.
I have PT tomorrow so will focus only on that, then will see one of my favorite clients on Friday. I've worked with him for 12 years and can't wait to see him. (Parkinson's)
Going to work in my studio was the best mood booster ever.
Next week I will see 1 client per day 3 days in a row. Talk about a phased return!
 
Soon you'll be wondering where all that rest time went

Take care and remember the old slow and steady approach works for this as well as I'm finding.

And you have me craving a roast now!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
:yay: @CricketHip :yay:
I am SOOO excited for you! Congrats on seeing a client. That is HUGE! I'll bet that did your spirit a world of good. Your return schedule sounds great. Just so long as you're comfortable and easing back into it; I think it will go a long way towards your recovery.
I'm smiling ear to ear from reading this, friend. :)
 
:loveshwr:Oh @CricketHip ... Congratulations for making it through your first client and not feeling any bad side effects from it. Let the getting back to living life begin!!!! I'm so happy for you!
 
Yaaaaaay, it showed you needed to make that step back. Agree on phased return. As ever you are truly inspirational

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Glad you are slowly getting back to your normal life. Today I'm packing away most of my "helpers" (i.e. walker, raised toilet seat). I have not worked for several years because of moves for my husband's job, then the hip pain, and mostly it's been hard to find a decent job. You are so lucky to have a career that you love. So happy for you as you continue your healing and move on with life.
 
@Cickethip what great news to hear, I'm happy you are able to get back to work with work you love. The phased return sounds wonderful too. I'd love to hear the details of your PT. I had to stop mine, they pushed me way to hard, I am mad at myself for not realizing before it was too late. An example is lunges, they gave me 5, doesn't sound bad But - each lunge on rah leg was in 5 directions so it was more like 25 lunges! I called afterward and the PT said I should expect to be sore! This is 4 weeks post surgery! Anyway I called my PA and she said stop. Now I am 1 week later and still not recovered.

I'd love to know if others were given lunges and if they caused any problems. I see the PA next week and we'll chat about it. Since I am someone who researches everything I can't believe I didn't ask more questions. The other question is my PT didn't actually spend much time with me, I was mostly working on my own, is that typical? At $50/15 minutes I think I'd be better off with a personal trainer one on one! What do you guys think? Of course insurance pays for PT but what good is that if I can't walk afterward!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Plum Perfect, I was wondering what happened to you. I'm really sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience. That sounds crazy to me. I didn't even attempt a lunge until very recently. I just slowly ease partway into it, holding the arms of a chair. (once on each side.) I didn't do PT...just the first couple days in the hospital. I practiced those same basic exercises at home. I believe that there's plenty of time. I am now at the gym again, and doing the machines with very light weight, or no weight.

@CricketHip, I just caught up with your thread. Congratulations on getting back to work. That's wonderful that you are your own boss. It makes such a difference when you love your clients and enjoy their company.
 
@Plum Perfect - hello! It's good to hear from you, I think of you often!! I am sorry to hear about your experience with your PT. You and I began at the same time and I have yet to do a lunge of any kind. Most of mine focuses on step ups, lateral and forward, slow-mo Marching in place with ankle weights (2 pounds) and leg abduction and adductions with those same weights. ( just started with weights this week) I also do squats but only while holding onto the back of a chair..
The others are the basics that I've been doing for weeks and weeks, straight leg lifts, bridges and lots of walking.
It will be interesting to hear what your PA says.
Hopefully you are doing a few days of rest and icing. :(
Oh! I researched and found a privately owned PT office so I am lucky to get 75% of one on one attention.
What you described is actually the norm and I have had that experience in the past and it is very frustrating, I agree.
Were the lunges painful to do? Or did they "catch" you a day later?

Sorry Plum :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom