Guest viewing is limited

THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I caught up. You are doing great with your hip. When I had the injections in my lower back I had head ache and hot flushes. Think the steroids do that plus, as you say, in has been put in a small inflamed space.

Hope you are doing well today. Ooh I lost weight after my hips, got very skinny legs in the process, but my belly stayed the same. But the nice girls in the office are all on diets and force me, yes , force me to eat their cakes. So in 3 days of being forced to eat cake I have put on 4 pounds. My legs have filled out loads, so now I want the skinny legs back, as now have belly and legs but no bum.

I never ate cake until I had new hips, very strange !!

Sleep well xx
 
I get the sudden shutters dropping and then do the jerk awake . I keep myself awake hoping to sleep thru the night, as a project there is still work in hand. Hope the errrrr epidural thingmabob is starting to show positive effects.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@CricketHip I hope your neck and headache are better. I can't believe we're having our 5 week anniversaries this week. I'm having my PT show me which exercises and stretches are the best for strengthening. Next week is my last week with her. I will miss her expertise. I saw on one of your post you are going up and down stairs well. I am
improving my limp, stiffness and can go up stairs foot over foot but coming down I have to tell my feet to move, so strange. Continued speedy recovery to you with all your issues.
 
Hello @Doodles51 ! The stairs can be tough! I find that I need to focus on my knees. They tend to be what throws off the stairs climbing. So I go slowly and go through full range of motion and making sure that I am bending through the knee joint and stretching through the quadriceps. Once I figured that out about 10 days ago, it's been smooth sailing. Try it and see what you think!
@Suzette , @Legin, @DeepBreath , @Hipster Girl , @Kim22, @topgun, @kktolland and @45goingon90 thank you all for checking in on me! I have such a difficult time with the epidurals. my reaction to the cocktail of meds sure revs up my system. My face is a deep Burgundy red. Kind of freaky. I had quite a bit of chills and just felt miserable last night. of course chills seems to be my reaction to any assault on my body :heehee:
I opted to dose myself really well with Benadryl, just in case there was a bit of an allergic reaction going on and I think it helped. At least it lulled me into sleep for a while.

The first week of PT went well. He started me cautiously and of course today he couldn't do anything for the neck.. too soon after the injection. the rains have dissipated and I am hoping to now get out an get close to a mile in with my walking. then the afternoon will be devoted to ice and rest.
I rather like my life right now. :happydance:Except for missing my work, wonderful clients and my office space,, stopped by there yesterday and was walking around toughing things and just sighing.. I so love my little space.
ok, out the door I go! The fall colors are very pretty this year, so glad that the high wind gusts and rain didn't knock all of the leaves down.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @CricketHip! It's so good to see your update. I was hoping all was okay with the epidural, but it is, like you said, an assault on the system. I hope the burgundy face and the chills go completely away soon leaving just the good effects.
Yaay for the good PT experience! That has to feel wonderful to really be in that 'building it up' phase. I hope you get the opportunity to take a lovely walk. Good for you for devoting time to ice and rest as well! :)
It also sounds like a positive thing that you went into your work space and just reconnected. You're doing everything so wisely and patiently. You'll be back there in that place you love so much very soon, I'm sure.
I'll bet your clients will be thrilled. :)
The fall foliage is amazing this year, isn't it? My husband got a kick out of me on Monday when we went for my appointment. I mainly stay close to home and hadn't gotten out much since my surgery and hadn't seen the colors yet. I oohed and aahed the entire way there. I especially love the red tones, which are so abundant here. Gorgeous!

Have a wonderful day, Cricket! Happy Continued Healing! :flwrysmile:
 
I am already back from my walk, 3400 steps. It was lovely, in fact, Rooney seemed very tired, hahaha he has to step up his game now, to keep up with me. To be fair, he had a long walk around 8 am this morning with hubby, too.
It's so amazing, haven't been able to stride along at this pace and with good cadence in over 2 years. this summer I was watching people walking and was so sad that I couldn't do it without a limp and only for a quarter block at most. Now I wonder who is watching me who might be going through that pain and wanted a sign on my back that says less than 6 weeks post op from THR to give them hope.. seriously!

Now to ice, rest and elevate. the incision area closest to the IT band is telling me that she wants her ice and she wants it now. You know the saying "a happy IT Band means happy life" hahahahaha
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really sorry you went thru a tough time, I truly hope it has passed. Yup its good being out tho right now I feel my hill is mocking me.
Anyway that is you saying that work isn't too far away. A gradual return yes...

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Thanks! @Legin it's getting better but I am avoiding being around people, I look pretty blotchy at this point. Slugging water at a rapid rate to get that stuff out of my system! so,, the hill is mocking you, eh? Any let up with your last flare up? Is that hill attainable anytime soon?
 
Flare is burning bright and I think I just may have to find another hill.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
@CricketHip Sorry you are having a few problems with due to a reaction to the epidural and hope you get it well flushed out of your system as soon as possible.Great news about your walk, I am well impressed by your 3400 steps.
 
@Legin Sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your flare up and hoping it will settle down very soon
 
Darn! @Legin. I'm so sorry. Do what you can to keep your spirits up. Hugs.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Its just becoming more the norm so not a lot to say. Its like me and my hill just have to find something else that is attainable.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Yes, exactly. there must be something to fill in for that hill. For now. Sleep well tonight, my friend.
 
Not a lot of sleep but that's the norm. Don't worry I am thinking the hill also has my thinking rock. Silly I know to lay such emphasis on that boulder but when I needed somewhere the most to curl up and heal it was there for me. I will find somewhere I can go its just a case of getting out and about and like the rock somewhere will just appear.
Enough of me I hope the red face is lessening and you can continue with your jaunts thru the neighbourhood.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@CricketHip I hope your neck is recovering and the injection does the trick for you. Very glad the hip is doing so well and you like PT. I had my first real PT today, Wednesday was my evaluation so I was only introduced to the exercises and given an overview of the game plan. Today I started with 7 minutes on the Elliptical, was going to be 10 but PT decided 7 was good to start, it was a hard 7 minutes. The workout was hard, I was sweating by the time we were done! I told him to 'kick butt' and he did. The hip is doing great, I honestly can't believe I had any surgery let alone 4 weeks ago. I am back on my ranch and just taking care of the critters, getting the mail, etc. gives me loads of exercise. No more naps, I'm trying to 'reclaim' night time sleeping and although I was really enjoying the naps I couldn't go to sleep at night and then I didn't want to get up in the morning. Having a hot bath tonight, it will feel so good! :bath: I'm happy that Rooney is now able to visit more locations and he has to work to keep up with you. :dogwalk: I definitely understand why you wanted to wait to use the leash, it turns out my youngster is the best one to walk. I think that from the time she was born I was in pain walking so she has always had to be careful of me, I'm so looking forward to being able to play with her!

Have a great weekend, I hope you have good weather, we are hoping for rain, we keep getting promised it is coming but haven't seen it yet!

All the best to all the Bonesmartee's!
 
Hi @Plum Perfect ! I am so glad to "see" you here! I was thinking of you and how busy you must be, now you have me curious.. are you really really on a ranch?
So, I am enjoying PT but will be honest and tell you that my OS Office's App that I check in daily with has me doing basically the same things.
But they will definitely help me with my upper body and neck. Hands down, the biggest mistake I made pre op was to continue working when my body was begging me to stop. Ahh well, live and learn.
I hear you about the naps disrupting things but hey, I am still taking them. I think some really good cell turnover and healing happens during those deep sleeps. Now today? I didn't nap at all. Other days, I have no control, if I stop moving, then I am out!
How are you doing towards your goal for competing in the agility trial in December? I think you are well on your way to doing it, don't you?? You have had a wonderful recovery.

I am so glad you stopped by, I like hearing how you're progressing.
Aren't dogs wonderful? Rooney is a quiet dog by nature anyways but he has honed into the fact that I went through something major and is so respectful of me on our walks. well, for the most part.
Keep up the good work, I am doing a long distance rain dance for you!! hu yah hoo yah hiyah hooyah!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom