THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, as well. We truly do have something to be thankful for, this year in particular!
The bursitis I have is a very tiny bump in the road, in comparison, and is very easy to deal with. Especially since, it is easing up a great deal.
My PT girl mentioned I might want to get a small shoe insert, but it wasn't until this last time I started seeing her (3 1/2 months after surgery). I did try one, but didn't like it. So, I'm with you....it will eventually work itself out. But I have noticed that my arches are I need of support. I'm sure I'll have to think about inserts at some point, just for arch support.
Getting ready to go play a round of golf with hubby!
Enjoy tomorrow!
 
Absolutely on the arch supports! I have used them off and on for years.
I have a client to see at 3:15. Will be anxious to get home and enjoy a fire in the fireplace with the hubs.
I am thankful for you,too my friend!
I mean this for all of my bonesmart friends, we have helped each other through some tough times and still are here for each other. :roseshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The comment that I hear the most? That I look taller, look younger, with less strain on my face.. I'll take those!

That is such a nice compliment! Taller, younger, with less strain - heck yeah, I'd take those too! It is amazing what a difference this surgery makes in our appearance. :happydance:
 
Thanks Sweetie! It was a good one, Christmas will be better because I will get to see all of my family then.
Today was just with the mother in law. we go out to eat because it's more festive that way. :)

So glad you are home and resting.. :happydance:
 
Hi @CricketHip, Thanks for your post. I'm following you now, too. The fire with your hubby sounds wonderful. I wish I had a fireplace. Glad to hear you are working again and doing so well...
 
@Legin have you heard of the song "Chestnuts Roasting o'er an Open Fire" ? ;)
no, seriously, now... Santa is magic! No stinking open fire is going to stop him...
Just like nothing stops a Bonesmartie. :egypdance:

Returning to work sure has me tired. I'm lucky that I have a warm cushioned table to sleep on between appointments :rotfl:
 
Yes to song, also yes levels of stamina sure tested. I don't think the chap I look after or his wife would be impressed with my zzzzzzzzzz

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Bwahahahaha, @CricketHip...you're so naughty! :wink:
I hope you're resting and taking good care of yourself, friend. I know being able to do your job feeds your soul though and that is wonderful. :)
 
Glad to "hear" you laugh good friend!! I am fully enjoying the return to work, it's fun to see their double take when they see me stand and walk around my desk to greet them. One client said it's like seeing the years roll back 3 years ( before the limp )
I would be so happy to remain part time though. New hip is awesome, rest of the body gets tired. :heehee:
But of course I am doing PT 2 X a week plus long walks so that tires me a bit, too.
I hope you find a PT like mine,, he is wonderful. We focus a lot on my upper body and I am beginning to see and feel the improvements.
I am still so grateful for all that has happened over the past few months and will be ready to go when the other hip tells me it's time.
 
@CricketHip, it makes me SO happy to hear about you walking limp free and impressing your clients. That's what it's all about, isn't it? Getting back that life we had lost.
I hear you about the hips feeling great, but other parts being tired. I'm willing to bet in not too long the rest of you will catch up though and you'll be all over A-OK.
It feels good to laugh. It really is the best medicine, isn't it?
Have a terrific week, friend. :)
 
Its always the same when we have fixed the loudest problem the other areas voice gets heard.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @CricketHip
Just popping in to say hello and let you know how thrilled I am to see that you are doing so well and are back doing what you love. As time goes by, you will see your energy levels increase. It does get better and better. I rarely take a nap anymore...and when I do, it's mostly out of shear boredom.
Have a great day, dear!
 
Hello everybody!! Time is getting away from me! The work load is mounting and then there's that little thing called Christmas that needs prepped for. For any of you that have read my posts you know I have a favorite saying that I pull out. Guess what? I found a great cartoon on it!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip
    11745928_1314020908627359_2040056776455195926_n.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 192
Now that just makes me smile!! I hope it gives you all a smile or two, also. Love you all!!
 
@CricketHip, that is SO flippin' CUTE! Yep, that little sprig is so you. :)
Take good care of yourself as you go about this busy time, okay? I'm so glad you're doing well. It's incredibly encouraging to read your updates. You are a definite success story! *hugs. :flwrysmile:
 
Well. here I am, at the 12 week mark.!! Woo hoo! I haven't been on much, mainly because my return to work has me very tired and I am in bed by 9:30 most evenings.
The hip is doing extremely well.. various days with new sore spots but none of them chronic.
Have been seeing more clients than originally intended, but that is the nature of my work.
Still doing the P.T. and it's helping me a lot with balance and upper body strength (the neck issues) which is the main reason I am going for PT. the neck is a much more difficult issue. Sure wish it could have as easy of a fix!!
Overall I couldn't be more pleased than I am, all of the worries and frets have flown out the window.. so happy!

@Josephine is it common not to see your OS for a follow up appt? I was in their office at 4 weeks for an X-ray and a check up with his P.A. I thought I was to see him at 6 months and would like to see another X-ray and be reassured that there is good bone growth around my implant. But so far no mention has been made about making the 6 months appt. Just interested to see what the "norm" is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom