THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there @CricketHip! Sorry I have been MIA on your thread...haven't been getting any alerts. I am so happy to hear you got your first injection and hope, by now, you are feeling relief from it and your headache. And, hopefully, it will be the only one you need.
The walks you have with Rooney sounds so nice. We live in an "over 55" community and I sit by my living room window watching all the "walkers" and their little pups. There's about 2 times a day, they all congregate just below our unit for a gathering. It's kinda funny to watch as the little guys all play together and the neighbors catch up with each other. Lots of Pekes, Poms, Poodles and Yorkies! We don't have a dog, and sometimes think about getting one. I grew up with a house full of pets (not counting my 5 brothers and sister) and always had collies and German shepherds. I sometimes miss their cuddles and unconditional love....but, then, I do have my dear hubby that gives me the same thing. :-)
I just cannot believe you are 5 weeks out already! My goodness, it's amazing how quickly time passes! Keep up your wonderful recovery, sweetie.
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
A wee advert for you and your many followers there is a chronic pain thread in the community section, feel free to discuss any issues you may have resulting from replacing joint or indeed any issue of long term pain.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Nana757 I haven't been getting alerts either on anyone. I thought the site went silent!
@plumperfect I agree that it seems amazing how we are doing after a few short weeks. Hip surgery is such a gift.
@Legin just found you and understand about your boulder. I have a few peaceful places I go to.
@crickethip.can't imagine you being anything but beautiful blotches and all.


Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Well, ugh! I seem to have hit a slump of sorts. a little down in the dumps and in a cycle of doing things, getting sore, doing more things, getting sore again..

So, will get busy in my upstairs office. Being productive should help. Oh and maybe a nap later, after PT. It's to be sunny and in the 70's today..that will help, too.

I am at the 6 weeks mark! Walking well and becoming more than a little antsy to return to work, I won't, but sure worry about that.
 
Exactly six weeks.......
You are feeling like you can do more but you have lost stamina, and when you push those muscles and tendons they say oi.
The biggest problem with this isn't the soreness its how ya feel. Try to do some things that lift you. Visit work again, have lunch with some friends. You have done so well miles past where I was at same point.
Take care pal here and rooting for you, hugs

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@CricketHip Please don't get disheartened as your recovery has been excellent and you are able to do so much more than I can.This recovery is a roller coaster ride for sure and included in this are periods where we seem to plateau.I was great on Sunday but did too much and as a result I got sore so did next to nothing yesterday.IOn good days I have to tell myself not to get carried away as I know from experience that there will be not so good days to follow Equally when I am having a bad day with a sore hip and knee I have to remind myself that too will pass.I have resigned myself to taking each day as it comes now.It is often said on here that recovery is a marathon and not a sprint and this is a fact but it will be so worth it.I agree with Nigel do something lovely for yourself today.
 
Sorry to hear your feeling a little blue. I think maybe cabin fever is setting in. It hit me like a ton of bricks at about 6 weeks. I wasn't quite up to doing all the things I enjoyed doing and only the things I had to do to keep myself busy around the house. And, Once I was able to get in the car and drive where I wanted to, I felt so much better. This little slump will pass. And, at 6 weeks, there are still going to be new aches and pains that will crop up, unfortunately. It's all in the healing process. You are doing everything right and are having an amazing recovery. So, try not to let this bother you too much. Hope today is a better day for you, my friend.
 
Oh how glad I am to hear all your ideas!. I am at four weeks and having the same great days and ouch days. I want to be productive and energetic and travel etc. A bit cabin fever and a bit restless energy to DO SOMETHING.
The twinges remind me I am healing.

Hang in there @CricketHip. Thanks for being my two weeks ahead of me teacher

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
I hope you are having a better day @CricketHip We are having beautiful weather here also. I raked and bagged up 8 bags of leaves yesterday and just now. It was so nice to accomplish doing something productive again. I'm like you getting a little down, feeling like my progress isn't going quickly enough, and then there seems to be improvement again. I also have arthritis in my lower spine and wonder if that is going to still bother me once I actually get really moving again. I was so stiff all weekend and getting discouraged, but today after PT I feel
like I am suddenly walking normally for the first time in years. Every day is different for us as we recover. My husband was sick last week and now I'm getting it. It seems he is catching everything at work and bringing it home the past few months. That is one thing I worry about with having bionic hips, knowing when you need an antibiotic. I rarely get sick and try to avoid antibiotics unless absolutely necessary, so this is new for me.
 
@Doodles51 when was you surgery? Hip one or two? Also about pt, what kind do you get?
My doc only recommends walking and more walking and lots more walking.
I did that first hip nine years ago with great results but wonder if being nine years older I might benefit from pt?
What exercises do all you folks do in pt????

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
@CricketHip, Happy 6 Week Recovery Mark! I am sending out good thoughts for you during your blue blip. It's so understandable. You've been a champ and have been doing everything you can to ensure a successful recovery. This down phase will soon turn into an up slope, I am sure.
Take good care of yourself, friend, and yes, please do something special for yourself! You deserve it!
*HUGS* :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @hippywoman I had both hips replaced 9 weeks apart, the last will be 6 weeks on Thursday. I went to PT for 12 visits for first hip and have 2 left for left one. PT will assess your gait, see what issues you are having, measure your range of motion, massage problem areas. I do a variety of things, exercises with bands, treadmill for 5 minutes, stepping over small hurdles, straight then sideways. A couple weight machines in addition to the stretches and massages the PT does. Yes, a lot of these things you can also do at home, but I like having someone watch the progress and make suggestions of things that may help. I find a lot of muscle tightness in both legs in quads, glutes, hamstring and IT band. The PT is great for those issues. Best of luck to you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
okay, crickethip checking in for duty! I think I am safe to be around again. Thankfully the weather helped me to not feel so mopey and I stayed as active as I could tolerate.
My 6 weeks and counting week has been a good one. PT is going well, I feel some soreness and some general wonky feelings while walking at times, but nothing that a few minutes of rest doesn't help.
Trying to give myself more structure during the day and began working in my home office to organize and shred/toss things that have piled up for too long.
Tonight we are having a nice Rump roast with scalloped potatoes, I have thought of them a lot since @DeepBreath and I believe @Hip Hip Hooray! wrote about them. :heehee:
My PT isn't until 3 pm so I guess it will be a late dinner.
That's all I have to report on.. I hope my bonesmart buddies are all doing well!
 
@CricketHip I am so glad that your 6 week and counting week has been a good one and the PT is going well. It is normal to have a bit of soreness as the prosthesis beds in and you are asking a lot more of your muscles now and they are not going to like being challenged at first.In a short time you those muscles will be strong again.I have had a good day today and yes I did go out for a walk in the rain with my umbrella and managed to avoid the slippery wet leaves.Enjoy your supper which sounds delicious.I haven't yet made the scalloped potatoes but they are on my list to try once I am back to full duties in the kitchen.I don't do PT but I am curious to find out what others are doing in their sessions.
 
I have mostly been vegetarian for 40 years but my hubby wanted a roast the other night and I tried a slow cooker recipe... Kind of tough. Please send me a link to your favorite rump roast. I think I will try that.. Must be winter food dreams he is having.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Yaaay, @CricketHip! :yay: I'm so happy to read this update and to hear that the blues are lifting. It sounds like PT is going great, as are your sorting and organizing activities.
Your dinner sounds fabulous! I agree with hippywoman; I would love to hear about your recipe for rump roast. I am a disaster where beef dishes are concerned. I invested in a nice dutch oven, but have not tried it out yet.

Enjoy your day, Friend. Continued good wishes on your journey. You're doing great! :flwrysmile:
 
@CricketHip so glad your PT is going well. Your walks sound exhilarating with the beautiful fall weather and it is amazing how pets are able to sense when we have been through something traumatic and are so sensitive to that. I completely understand how you feel at 6 weeks and wanting to get organized and anxious to get back to work feeling productive again, as I feel the same way. That time will be here soon enough.

Your rump roast and scalloped potatoes sound simply wonderful. I was just posting how I haven't been up to making anything to eat today. Too bad there is not a roast and potato delivery service or I would surely order that for dinner this evening! :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom