Rotator Cuff Repair Momweb starts recovery

@SaraK ,
I totally forgot it was the 9 month anniversary of our surgery. I guess that's a good thing, meaning I don't think of my shoulder very often.

It's funny. Where Katie got married we were in a ballroom for 250 people and we had a whopping 17 including the bride and groom. We were limited to 23 people . Matt's family sat at one table, our family and the photographer at another and the rest of the bridal party who were all friends sat at the third. We only did the ceremony and dinner plus photos. I fought with the venue right up until the night before about mask wearing and finally got them to let the bridal party walk in without masks, have the ceremony without masks and cake cutting without masks. Otherwise all masks.

Our pool classes have been cancelled again so I'm back to working out at home. My shoulder was doing so well with the water.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
Sue
 
@momweb - I hope things are going well for you as you celebrate 11 months (or forgetting it all after 11 months)!
 
@SaraK It's hard to believe that on March 12th I went in for the Rotator cuff surgery. Then one week later the state shut down due to COVID. Almost a year later and COVID is still around, I'm scheduled for vaccine #1 February 22nd. My rotator cuff is doing great. It's hard to believe how much my motion was affected by that stupid tendon being torn. However, I'm not pain free. My ROM is not affected, but there are days when the pain in my upper top shoulder and upper arm is intense. I'm sure it's the bone spur causing swelling in the joint. However, I'm not willing to go for surgery just yet. I may call soon and ask for a cortisone injection.

Our kids got married in December and now my daughter is having her reception on April 16.We're hoping that since the virus numbers are way down that our governor will consider opening up some of the venues. Right now we can have 50 people at an outdoor event. That number includes staff, so including our vendors we can have about 40 guests. Lot of money for 40 people!! We're hoping he will open up the state to 100 people outdoors. He said he would decide this coming week. So, only time will tell. Is your son planning any other kind of celebration after his December wedding?

Hopefully all your weight lifting hasn't harmed your shoulder and you're stronger than ever. I've exercised more during the pandemic than before which is a good thing. Tired of snow. We have one day this coming week that doesn't have some kind of weather issue. Come on spring, I need you!! Glad you wrote. Hope all is well. Keep checking in on these milestone days!!
Sue
 
Yes, it's hard to believe we're still dealing with COVID! My son and his wife had their reception the day od the wedding. We had about 45 guests and generally took precautions. It appears the only 2 people that got COVID as a result were my 2 son's (who spent a lot of time with groomsmen without masks). I'm driving 2 hours each way on Thurs to get shot #1. I was in a vaccine study but found out Fri when I got unblinded that I got the placebo.

I've exercised less this past year since I won't go to a gym. It's increasing now that my basement has been rebuilt after backup and mold. I built a home gym with weights and cardio equipment in the main room down there. I'm not back to my former limits but slowly getting there. Now that I can lift more than once a week, it's coming faster.

It's been so cold here. We've gotten some snow but the worst was driving back from Kansas City last weekend through freezing drizzle. Luckily, I only dealt with it for the first half of the 250 mile trip! I'm definitely ready for spring!

I hope you are able to open up more for the reception. The Missouri governor only shut things done for 6 weeks or so and then no limits on anything. Only places where there are mask mandates or limitations are in KC and St. Louis. We're also the ones that seem to be having the most difficulty getting the vaccine (hence the 2 hour trip to get mine even though I'm in a high risk group).

Take care and keep in touch!
 
I hope you had a happy anniversary!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom