Guest viewing is limited

Miss Muffet wishes to ditch her tuffet and get mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine are probably what you are calling the sand shoe or beach shoe its plastic with hole's in it, of course the pair I bought has an inner liner if you don't get that, then just about everything you touch shocks you LOL, we've always called them crocks..
 
@Pony - sorry not to get back to you earlier. ok yes the plastic holey ones are what I've got.
Getting shock croc socks sounds like a good idea - so surprised you get a jolt with them being plastic. That's weird isn't it
 
@Miss Muffet Muffet, my hubby says I'm highly electric LOL, I get shocked very easily can't even wear a watch, they won't work more then a few days on me.. My body seems to drain the battery's but even the wind up ones only work for a little while.. But even my husband gets shocked when wearing them.. But they are soooo comfortable..
 
I get shocks from my Skechers that I wear to work whenever I touch metal. I think that I don't lift my feet (for obvious reasons) so I scuff them which must create static electricity.
They are fully rubber and like mesh/fabric type of thing. They are so comfortable for my poor little feet though so I tolerate the shocks


Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
@dandy_candi - bless your poor little feet (and your cotton socks) :angel:
Am going to place an order. My originals are looking a bit tired and paint splattered. Got to look my best in hospital! :console2:
 
My mom actually bought two watch's exactly the same for her and me, I was able to wear it almost a week, and it started loosing time, it would not keep the right time if I wore it, if I left it on the table it kept perfect time, her's always worked right, and the one she got me worked fine as long as I didn't wear it lol, my daughter started wearing it, it worked fine on her, never did work right on me after that first week, my daughter still has it, that's been probably ten years ago.. I'm just glad she can get some good use of it.. I would love to be able to wear a watch..
 
@gullimac - thank you! It sort of focuses the mind once you get a date doesn't it. :chinstroke:
It'll soon come round and I can now get some final preps organised.
Any questions you have for me when it comes right down to it just ask away. Am a strong believer in banishing worries by being prepared. :console2::friends: And we can share our experiences
We'll be fine:flwrysmile:
 
Hello everyone. I had a bad night's sleep. Strange dream about being asked to make a speech on any topic of my choosing. I searched for something to talk about and then starting typing reams down - in fact it would have been impossible to talk off the cuff, because there was so much. :type:
I stood up, nervously to make a start. What random topic had I chosen? Arthritis! :chinstroke:
What happened was awful - the 2 judges started yawning and then turned their backs
..... and I woke up crying! :boohoo::cry::boohoo::cry:
I know an analyst would make a lot of this, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon does it?
Stupid thing is I have started to feel pretty relaxed about things - so absolutely NO idea where that all came from. I feel that the build up to the Op is a useful time. It is frustrating, but I think I've needed the run up to get my act in order and my brain in gear. Now I've got a date I feel much more focussed. :chillpill:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You know what's really weird? I never remember my dreams and yet, when I was pre-op, I had many odd dreams relating to my hips. Most of them were the week before surgery.
 
Those pesky thoughts/dreams seem to sneak up when you least expect them.

They can be helpful too though...One of my favorite recurring dreams is of being able to run, something I haven't attempted in years. I used to have dreams of running fast..but only while doing a handstand and running with my hands. Not sure what that one meant. :chinstroke:
 
Yes, don't they just ....... I also slip in a daydream about walking elegantly ..... wearing nice shoes, and one day being able to dance again :curtsey:
 
Item for discussion please ...... I rang the Physio where I'm due for my preOp to check what aids they will supply. I don't want to go ordering duplicates of anything. Turns out they only supply raised loo seat and bath seat. I won't use a bath seat as I want to shower. When I mentioned a grabber she reckoned it unnecessary (?) and the sock putter onner she also said I wouldn't need as using it would break the 90 degree rule and in any case I would be wearing TEDs and would need someone to put socks in for me (weird). None of this sits with what my BS buddies have talked about. Am going to ignore the grabber advice (and may even order 2 for luck) and a long handled sponge, but what are people's views on the sock gadget?
 
I personally think the sock gadget is very helpful, I've used it quiet a lot.. Along with the grabber, very useful..
Wondering how she thought that the use of the sock gadget would make you brake the 90 degree rule, I never have..
 
Using a sock aid (putter on near) will keep you from breaking the 90 degree rule. I have had to use one since December. I would recommend getting one now and practicing with it. It took some practice for me to get better with it. For 6 months putting on socks and shoes made me nauseous, it hurt so badly.
 
@gullimac and @Pony - I have to agree. Seemed like a strange thing to say didn't it? I'm minded to go ahead and order one, mostly because I really want to do as much as possible for myself from the start and also because I'm having the other hip done, so it'll get used again!
 
When I mentioned a grabber she reckoned it unnecessary
Well they are talking rubbish. If you are on 90 degree restrictions you absolutely need a grabber. I would recommend purchasing 2 - one to pick up the one you drop!
the sock putter onner she also said I wouldn't need as using it would break the 90 degree rule
More rubbish, using a sock aid with long handles on both sides does not break the 90 degree rule.
I would be wearing TEDs and would need someone to put socks in for me
You can not use a sock aid to put on TEDs and yes they are very difficult to put on. No new hippie can do this. You will need help. Be sure and let staff know if this is an issue for you. Hopefully you will be able to ditch the TEDs very soon post op.

I use a long handled shoe horn to this day and a long handle shower sponge is a great idea.
 
Thanks @Jaycey - to be honest she sounded a bit like a Gruppenführer (I expect I'll be lucky enough to make her acquaintence at the Nuffield). My enquiry was purely so I didn't double up on anything. Anyway I'll take no notice. Am ordering 2 x grabbers, one sock thingy and have the hubster lined up for TEDs duty.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom