Miss Muffet wishes to ditch her tuffet and get mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure some of you will have seen this before, but it's worth another chuckle
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet wishes to ditch her tuffet and get mobile
 
Hello my lovely BS friends.
Here's today's question. Footwear following surgery.
I've got plenty of pump-type shoes, but do I need something more robust (eg Crocs make slip on shoes and they have a really decent tread to them)?
However, I have a feeling my feet will be swollen, so that will make size selection a bit tricky.
Some people have said they are given socks with grippy pimples on the bottom in hospital, which they kept using. Is that recommended? Any input gratefully received.
 
I had no swelling in my feet, but I was also fortunate to not experience any swelling at all. I'm thinking maybe it's because I made sure I iced 24/7 from the day of surgery until about a week after surgery? Maybe you can purchase a pair a day or so before surgery and if they don't fit post-op, you can have a friend or family member exchange them for a size larger while you're in the hospital? My hospital supplied bright yellow socks that had tread on the bottom of them and I wore them home.
 
@Cynthia777 - ah thanks Cindy. I had it in mind that the TEDs would make my feel swell up like sausages and I'd end up not being able to wear shoes (which I would need to do when I start hiking around the ward 5 minutes after surgery).:walking::walking::walking::walking::walking::walking::walking::walking::walking:
Crocs shoes were recommended - and I'm happy to shell out but maybe those socks will be ample.
PS - Have you done the water thing yet?? :swoon:How did you get on? :unsure:
 
I brought slippers and a robe (as recommended by the hospital) and the staff stuck them in the closet, never to be seen until the day of departure!

Postponed due to the fact that my PCP put me on an antibiotic that requires a full stomach when taking. He felt it was more important to finish the meds and wait a week for the ultrasound....so I got a temporary reprieve. :happydance:
 
Finally .... we have dates ....
Will update my signature ...
PreOp - Wed 6 April 2016
Surgery - Thu 14 April 2016 - admission 12.45
 
@Cynthia777 - Ha ha. That ALMOST sounds like fun! :yahoo:......... Except with the time difference I'll be back hiking round the ward before you've even got your TEDs on ...... :umm:
@Jaycey - lovely long reply. Thank you. Be in touch :angel:
 
I stayed in hospital gowns while in the hospital, never used the one I bought and never used the crock's either, stayed in the hospital socks but the crocks have been put to good use since I came home...
 
@Pony - thanks. Getting the idea that style isn't going to be something that will be top of my list. I'm a fusspot but suspect that will all have gone out of the window 6 weeks today. Think I'll treat myself to a new pair of Crocs - easy to slip into, reasonably comfortable and decent tread. Like a Formula 1 vehicle
 
@Pony - now you have got me wondering whether you are referring to the traditional (or should I say original) style croc or if you have the type which is more like a sand shoe/loafer? Ive just tried to park a pic here of the former but having problems doing it on my iPad. (Will try later when on my PC) Can you upload what type you have? Think this could be really helpful for @Arlene56 and me. Thanks so much
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom