Miss Muffet wishes to ditch her tuffet and get mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what @Arlene56, I've tried to hide my 30 pound weight gain from hubby for the past five years, but due to this surgery...the secrets out! :yikes: (I just love this little guys face)!
 
Ha ha - only you eh Cindy?! :rotfl: Can just picture that!
Got nighties (simply for ease on loo visits) but already had some silky PJs with longish tops and will use them minus the bottoms
Got a couple of packs of Bridget Jones knicks and test drove then. They'll work fine.
My bed is high and I'm a shortie (5'2") so it's almost a princess and the pea scenario. Think I will actually be ok. I'm not heavy so fortunately there's less of me to haul in. If all else fails I'll use the loudhailer and summon the butler. :scare:
 
Well you'll NEVER guess! Yesterday I went for my blood tests. The lovely nurse got chatting and discovered I'm due for hip surgery. She asked who my surgeon is and lo and behold she worked with him for 5 years as his scrub nurse! She says he's excellent. Enormously meticulous about detail, very experienced and runs a tight theatre - everyone has huge respect for him. Says he's believed to be the top guy at the hospital for hips. She reckons the anaesthetists on his team are wonderful and caring. It gave me a great BIG boost to hear all of this. She recommended I take my earphones an iPod to theatre to relax while I'm sedated and to ask for a happy tab before I go in. ! Lucky lucky me eh? :wowspring::wowspring::wowspring::wowspring::wowspring:
 
I use a massage ball for self massage and getting tight knots out (I've spent a small fortune on massages over the years) you just use your own body weight for the pressure- I lay on the ground - somewhat awkwardly- and roll it into my calves, thighs and back. I kept getting cramping in my back and this really helped, particularly after a hot shower. Just make sure it's a firm ball- it shouldn't squash when you push it. They are only around $5


Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
@Jaycey - sadly no date yet. The bloods were purely my GP checking for thyroid function and iron levels - because of my hair falling out/flaky nails/dry skin/palpitations etc, which could be relevant. Good to get it tested. Should get results today/tomorrow. ALMOST tempted to try and check if a date has been fixed and notification in the post. Not sure if I ring his NHS secretary or the Nuffield? His NHS secretary is a bit of a battleaxe :tantrum2:, so am nervous :bolt: And - yes - happy tab will be welcome!
 
I noticed my US Bonesmarties refer to "saltines" as a useful item to take with them to hospital .... I am guessing to nibble on ahead of taking meds (ie not on an empty tum)?
Am guessing they are a salted cracker ..? but can anyone US or UK end tell me exactly what they are please?
 
Not sure if I ring his NHS secretary or the Nuffield?
If you are having your surgery with the NHS you will need to ring his NHS medical secretary. Please don't feel intimidated by her. Just tell her your pain is pretty horrid and you are just checking to see if your date has been finalised. I did this nearly every week for months before my date was set. By the time I got the date I felt like I knew the secretary well. We ended up chatting every time we spoke. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Am guessing they are a salted cracker ..?
Saltines are very similar to table water crackers but salted. Any bland cracker (even unsalted) will work. It's just something to coat your stomach before you take your meds.
 
@Jaycey - screwed my courage to the sticking place. It will be in April ..... She'll let me have a firmer update soon. And thanks re crackers. That's very helpful.
 
Hi @Miss Muffet. Hope you didn't think I'd forgotten you. I wanted to wait to post till I saw the consultant at six weeks so that I would have something new to report. The good news is that my x ray of my new joint was excellent. I am now down to one stick and I can do most things with care now. I have driven again (fantastic feeling) and have unloaded the top section of the dishwasher. I have also put my socks on myself with the aid of my trusty grabber. I do still have to use the raised toilet seat for another four weeks and am not to cross my legs but everything else is going well. Apparently my glute muscles are very weak on the operated side so I have to do exercises to strengthen them. I can also walk longer distances. I see that your date is for April. Thats great. Try not to worry from now on. It will be fine and the difference six weeks on is phenomenal. I can't remember that terrible dragging groin and hip pain now and it will be as good for you. Hugs and fondest wishes and thoughts xx
 
Oh that is excellent news @missmuffett ! So excited for you! April will be here in a flash! Let us know as soon as you get the date!!



Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Oh thank you - ALL of you - for your warm encouraging words. Means the world to me to have all that support. Like it's as important to you as it is to ME! :angel::friends::friends::friends::friends:
@Gillywigs - I hadn't forgotten you either. Excellent news all round and heaps of progress. You just be so pleased with these great strides. Keep on posting when you have updates. Very happy for you.
And @Cynthia777 - hey wouldn't that be fun Cindy?! He hee. Would really love to have the same date. Either way I'll be reaching out for your experienced hand. I promise just as soon as I finally hear I'll get my date listed amongst the April gang. Happy Tuesday everyone :loveshwr:
 
We are with you all the way! At least you now have a timeframe you can plan for!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom