THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

Seeing a beautifully healed scar maybe tricks me (and others) into thinking I'm all sorted out, but that's obviously not the case ...
Not the case at all. There is still tons of healing going on and the recovery from the trauma of the procedure takes lots of energy. I printed out the chart on post #3 of this thread Healing: how long does it take? and stuck it on my fridge post LTHR.

If you are limping again due to your other hip please do start using a cane or crutch. You don't want to get in the habit.

Hope things ease after your busy weekend! :loveshwr:
 
@Josephine - please can you help?
I have been troubled all night, and awake since 3 am with stomach pains. Could this be caused by Diclofenac and/or Paracetamol. (I take a daily dose of Omeprezole by the way). Had been feeling slightly sick for previous 24 hrs. Although I'm 4 weeks postOp from Hip #1 I do need these current meds to keep Hip #2 under control. Am getting really concerned I'm getting gastric problems. Propping up in bed now as lying flat makes it worse. What do you advise - quite worried.
 
My GP asks me about stomach problems every time I get Diclofenac and is very clear that I stop taking it if I have any stomach problems at all.

Phone NHS 111 if you can't get your GP.

I hope you managed to rest a bit last night - let us know you're okay.
xx
 
@Cynthia777 and @Zelda - thank you dear friends. My local pharmacist is an absolute gem. I spoke to him first thing and the conclusion is that the glass of white wine I had last night was the most likely culprit. I'm now on Gaviscon which has eased things somewhat. It seemed innocent enough at the time but it clearly didn't react well with my meds so I will be teetotal now as I don't want that experience again. Again, thanks for your concern and support.
Not long for you now Jane ..... Am watching out for you. I'll be trailing behind you and Cindy.
 
Phew! I'm glad you're feeling better and you don't have to drop the diclofenac.

Only a week! I was counting my tablets and thinking about phoning in a repeat prescription when I realised that in theory I shouldn't need them after next week. The hospital will give me a couple of weeks of codeine and then I might actually be pain med free! It made it all seem a little bit more real.
:wowspring:
 
@Miss Muffet @Jillie422 thank you for the comments about the photo. It's hard to do justice in a picture, the Rockies have a way of physically moving you which is hard to describe if you haven't been there. It calms the spirit

The photos came up as just the one with your grandsons so I couldn't see the Rockies but I was in Canmore last year and it's just beautiful. I stayed In a house with panoramic views, it was so relaxing (besides the heat as it was summer and a log cabin with no air conditioning). Takes your breath away and photos do not do them justice. I can't wait to take my husband to see them. A beautiful place to live. My best friend lives in The suburbs of Edmonton.

I don't watch the news so hadn't heard of the fires. Sending love to those affected and hoping they get them out soon. Summer is a horrible time in Aus too with all the bush fires.


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Hello ladies @Cynthia777 and @Jillie422 - afraid my attention has been diverted to particularly irritating email botheration (ie all my folders and emails for last 11 years have disappeared into the ether ...... Arggghhh!) so I've got our IT Manager to lift the bonnet and we are busy trying to resolve it. Not my most favourite way of wasting time as it will take me an age to get them all re-filed. :bricks:

On the hip scene - operated one is doing really well. :roseshwr:Just had a slip up last night when a very bouncy Springer Spaniel leapt up enthusiastically on to my incision side - I was not best pleased. :doggie:Emergency icing required. :ice:
Leftie is becoming an increasing annoyance, can't drive for another 3 weeks (as that's when my follow up appointment is scheduled) and have cabin fever of enormous proportions! Trying to formulate an escape plan to hairdresser today ....... You two look to be doing well. So so so pleased for you
This iPad is about to run out of petrol, so more later.
 
@Cynthia777 - agree!

A general question - can @Jaycey or @Josephine help please?
I have to continue on Diclofenac now until my second hip is dealt with, which may be several months (possibly September/October). I know extended use is not great but what is the alternative?
 
Tylenol? 1,000mg 3-4 times a day.

However, sad to say there isn't a lot you can do for arthritic pain.
 
Thank you for that quick reply @Josephine

I cannot take Tramadol, is Tylenol in the same family and what is the advantage over Diclofenac? ie is it kinder on the stomach? I SO want to exercise my new hip but the other one is holding me back.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom