THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

@Miss Muffet Wow! That is very brave of you to waltz across the floor in front of everyone! What was it that you won? I want to know too. Congrats also on your wedding anniversary and outing to lunch by the log fire! How enchanting! Well you are not sitting around...what an exciting time for you! Enjoy the concert!
 
Thank you @SwimGirl - it was just a bottle of wine and as I'm off the booze for a while will be parked ready for later use! Off to collect the wheelchair shortly and looking forward to the outing. Hope you're doing well and making good progress. :friends:
 
Just caught up to date with your news! Well done you for waltzing across the floor with no aids :yay:. I would certainly not be able to do that, or if I did I would be on the floor. You are such a brilliant example to us all and I love reading your news.

BTW, whereabouts in Derbyshire are you? My Dad lives near Alfreton!
 
Dear @Miss Muffet I finally know what you meant by signature line. It was only when I turned my phone sideways did I see everyone's info pop up underneath. I still tried to add my signature but no luck. I feel quite amused it took turning my phone for all to be clear!

I just read your post op report. Very informative and like you said you were as scared as I was making myself. Today has been a much better day since I calmed my nerves.

Less than a week for me to go. I'll keep updating and asking my questions.
 
@newhip126 - I am just wondering if it isn't possible to undertake this on your phone? Have you tried clicking on the Help & Info tab and asking via the Techy questions tab? So want to help you to resolve this!

Am really glad if my postOp thread has reassured you. Do make sure you set up your own postOp thread ahead - it can be a day or so beforehand and there's nothing to stop you posting on it before you hit hospital. Just one less thing to think about.
 
Ah @gertie how sweet of you to ask!

Wheelchair collected, set off allowing 2 hours for the journey and then got snarled up in horrendous traffic on the outskirts of Manchester so ended up nearer 3 hours on the road. Bad start :hairpulling: We were going to miss the start.

Whizzed up to the car park and husband called out to the parking attendants enquiring after disabled spaces. Were whipped into one very close by. Spilled out of car, husband tackled erecting the collapsible chair (been a while since baby buggies) and I launched myself into it then a highspeed dash to the theatre. Formula One haven't seen the like. Arrived at theatre - oh dear, steps at the entrance. Security waved us to side door disabled entrance, radioing ahead for someone to meet and let us in. Van Morrison had started as we did a wheelie into the arena (awkward) and were conducted right to the very front of the stage. Couldn't have asked for better seats (which were incidentally approximately twice the price of our originals). Wonderful show. Enjoyed every minute. Then drove back over the moors on a very frosty starry night (-9 degrees)

Today I'm a little tired but otherwise fine. Have spent this afternoon rugged up with the telly and done a spot of icing. I expect I'll be taking an earlyish night so @Nana2-8 will be absolutely right - tomorrow I'll be having s little lie in. :chillpill:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

Husband update.
Helped me into slipper boots and Bridget Jones knickers this morning. Got the slippers on wrong feet and knickers on sideways. Walked like a crab. Pointed out the errors and he even queried my critique! He's been in the kitchen an hour and a half. No meal so far and here's the damage - anyone top this?
 
An hour and a half...well they say you can't rush genius! Just imagine how great that meal will taste with all the time he is putting in. :dubious:And as for not knowing how to properly put on women's underwear...you should be consider that a good omen. :whistle:

I am trying to defend poor Mr. M, but that is the best I can come up with.
 
I just wonder what is going to emerge from that kitchen? Photos of the finished product, if there is one???
 
LOL that is too funny. Glad he came out of that mess with something good. My wonderful husband did hamburgers out on the grill tonight. He even made caramelized onions. I went in to help a couple of times and was told " go sit down! I'm doing this so you are off of your feet! " LOL Hopefully, he wont get to sick of helping me out by the time I actually have my surgery. :heehee:

Also, @gullimac LOL. Glad you are trying to stick up for Mr. M. :)
 
Hello Miss Muffet!

Interesting that both my hip replacement surgeries were within about one week of each of yours. So thankful it's over with and we're recovering. Best of luck.
 
Hello @Clipper - yes we're much on the same recovery path. Would be interested to know what meds are you taking now and, if you've reduced, how you managed this? I am on aspirin for another couple of weeks and take paracetamol and ibruprofen (both are over the counter products) as well as a stomach protector. Am looking to try and reduce from next week. I had an earlier attempt which was a mistake and a failure. What is your activity level, are you using any walking aids and are you experiencing any pain or discomfort? Will be wonderful to be drug free finally.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom