THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

@Miss Muffet
Just found this!! Oh that sounds great going to concert!! :wowspring:Sounds like you will do great with your wonderful Mr M and the nice venue staff! I took more pain meds today and did better. Get so groggy :sleep:Waiting for the day when I just think how great I feel!!
 
@Lela22 - there you are, point proven. Meds are there to deal with the pain and even if you feel a little groggy surely that's better then suffering? It may mean you nap but that's also good. We heal when we sleep.
 
OK husband - get yourself up here.
It's time to peel these TEDs off and head for the shower and get all fresh and gorgeous again :curtsey:(as if!)
 
Good morning, Miss M! Also adding how cute the pics of your 'fill-in Drs' are! And, congrats on your FA status.......but ....but....what good is that FA if you haven't posted much lately? We need more progress reports. Has Mr. M failed to hear your commands? Bring us up to date!
 
Thanks for posting those cutie pie pics of your grandchildren doctoring you up! Hope you continue to make a fabulous strong recovery! :loveshwr::yes!:
 
Hello @gullimac and my other Smartie friends here's my update.

Things continue along a pretty smooth path. I have found this second THR a smidgeon easier than my previous one - possibly because I know the ropes. I have experienced a bit of knee discomfort which I didn't have last time, but am always mindful of what was repeatedly told to me, that no two Ops are the same. My mobility is improving each day (have started wearing my FitBit to measure my steps), but I need to keep an eye on a slight slip-up today where I got cocky and omitted my lunchtime anti-inflammatory. Error! Ah well these mistakes are there to teach us a lesson. I'm still continually icing which is my saviour and cannot recommend it enough. Sleeping well and grabbing a nap if I need to top up.

I reached the stale phase yesterday and longed for fresh air to blow the cobwebs away. Husband threatened to strap me to the roof rack and take me for a blast up the motorway. Instead we went to a local stately home for a light lunch which was a really welcome break and my first outing since I arrived home last Friday. Had a funny moment when I visited the Ladies and dropped some loo paper. Not wanting to break The Rules and not enough space to do a Golfer's reach I resorted to using my crutches as chopsticks. Ha!

Mr M got over his turned ankle without any lasting ill effects and has turned his hand to cooking some nice evening meals. He regularly sets off the smoke alarm and now keeps the kitchen door shut and the back door open to ensure a good draft to avoid the mad dash and flapping tea towel response. My attempts to get involved in some domestic areas upsets him. I quite like a potter in the kitchen but if I venture near the washing machine I am "interfering" with his rhythm. I keep a shopping list in the kitchen drawer but he prefers to shop from the hip (!) making sorties which result in a few surprises, but usually some missing essentials. All of this is good stuff and excellent ongoing training for The Other Half.

Hope everyone is ok, looking forward to their surgery or making smooth recoveries. I'll poke my nose in on some posts now and check up on others' progress. Whatever your current situation keep in touch with Bonesmart - it's always there for all of us.
 
@Miss Muffet Ha Ha you are so creative with the chopsticks. Whatever works! You are getting around so well. Are you sure you had surgery Nov. 8th? Are you sure that it is safe with hubby cooking in the kitchen?
 
Thank you @SwimGirl - crutches are the business. They can open curtains too. I adore my grabbers. Have one upstairs and one downstairs. My 2-year grandson reverses them and uses them as hockey sticks. All the grandkids steal my crutches and swing around playing pirates.
Had another outing yesterday and lunch at the local sailing club. Bitterly cold wind was wonderful on my face. Got home to find heating had blown up. Spent a cosy evening by the fire and are fortunate enough to have found someone to come out later this morning to take a look. Fingers (but not legs) crossed it will be resolved. Hope you're trucking along nicely :egypdance:
 
@Miss Muffet Bitterly cold wind huh? We had sunny 80 degree weather here yesterday. Could have worn shorts and flip flops. A fire sounds lovely by the way!

Went to PT yesterday. I am progressing but seems so slowly with left hip. Perhaps I just forgot since Sept. 1st with my right hip. Just ready to be moving at rabbit pace vs turtle pace. Want to clean before our Thanksgiving holiday but PT says people will be understanding if I don't. That just means I have to crack the whip on the rest of my family to clean. Should be good at barking orders by now!

Enjoy your many outings and grandkids. Look out for flying crutches!
 
My goodness, Miss M, you seem to be progressing perfectly! Love your description of Mr. M's cooking shenanigans! You just sit back and be waited upon. And, you're only 10 days out and have already been out in the crisp air having lunch? You Go, Girl!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom