Guest viewing is limited

THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

I find that Magnesium gives me the best. sleep. ever. Not sure why but it is a miracle substance! If I get lazy and don't have it I wake up feeling awful.
 
@Miss Muffet Thanks for asking if I am ready to go. Yes and No. Just had my visit with OS regarding my
RTHR. Everything fine there. Next week is my preop for next surgery Oct.27th. I really just got the go ahead
to start driving and now I walk without assistive devices. OS said my gait will change and improve over the next entire year! So, now I know I will be going back to square 1 with walker and ice packs, etc. I do know what to
expect this time around so that should help. Also, I am trying to look ahead and see that I will then be 4 wks
post op at Thanksgiving time and the holidays. I am hoping and praying that you will get a call soon to schedule
your next surgery. Best of luck there! let us know your new date!
 
@SwimGirl - I'm sure you're bound to have mixed emotions about seemingly starting over but try and look in it as being halfway there. This next phase will be the downward slope for both of us towards a full recovery. I'm also looking ahead to the Pantomime I've booked for us to take all the grandkids to in December and Mr M dressing up as Santa and making his traditional appearance in the garden on Christmas Eve to surprise them all. Previous years I've thrown myself into all the preparations but felt secretly exhausted so not fully able to enjoy everything. Thanks so much for your fond wishes - still waiting but my BS Buddies will be the first to know.
 
I'm thinking of using my hip excuse as a reason not to host Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people at our house. I did it every year (with 2 roast turkeys) except last year when I had my bilateral TKR done. It was soooo nice not having to do all that baking, cooking, cleaning and dishes.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@BusterBeans - I'd milk it if I were you! Plenty more Thanksgivings in future. My goal is to be fit and ready for this year's Pantomime with the grandkids - not to mention Christmas itself.
 
@BusterBeans I would rather not be doing Thanksgiving, but my sister is selling her very large home and
I would rather squeeze our family into my home than go without a family gathering. The rest of my family
has spread out around the state and I would rather entertain than travel at 4 wks post op. Also, some of us
gather at Thanksgiving, but all of us gather at Christmas so chances are that I will be hosting far fewer people
in November. It also gives me a chance to look past recovery time and plan for something exciting! The 4 weeks
goes quickly, but it still has to pass with a walker, ice packs, and lots of effort! Today.....Ten days to go!!!!
 
I always love hearing about your Thanksgiving gatherings. I think it is almost up there with Christmas celebrations - or maybe it surpasses it? I'm sure you'll do well @SwimGirl - does everyone muck in and contribute something? :cheers: We often do that for our gatherings and it does spread the load. Only 10 days to go - so exciting! :yay:
 
Hi @Tweetybrd - I ran out of patience and rang the hospital this morning. Apparently there's a letter in the post which will probably arrive tomorrow. Yes, 8 November. Would love it to be earlier! How are you doing?
 
@Miss Muffet Congratulations!! So happy you can get it done, sooner would have been better but it is not that far away. :)

I'm hanging in there. Have my good days and bad days. Mostly just trying to keep myself distracted. I wish I could do more around the house like cleaning or organizing to keep me distracted but I just cant be up on my feet for very long. So its netflix and reading. LOL
 
I understand @Tweetybrd - it is hard and frustrating when you want to get things done. I wish I could get out more too. I've set a phone App which is doing a countdown to my date. Things will soon change for you.
Are you using walking aids? I am if I have to do anything outside the house :old:
Cosset yourself when possible - no point in suffering. :bath:
 
You HAVE a date???? Why isn't it posted loudly....with balloons and confetti? NOV 8th? It's our election day and we are reminded daily of the count-down....22 days! It also happens to be my darling grand-daughters birthday and so she thinks the whole world is counting down 'just for her'! I will surely be thinking of you on that day - tho must admit that I will be thoroughly distracted as well. You see, her parents and younger sister, plus the birthday girl are flying to Orlando on Nov 7th (the girls no nothing about it) and will be meeting up with Nana & Papa at Disney World!!! She will be celebrating her birthday night's dinner at Magic Kingdom (along with the 4 y/o November birthday) while everyone else is glued to the election results! None the less, you will be on my mind and I will check in with you just as soon as I can. xxoo
 
@Nana2-8 - :wowspring: I thought it rang a bell. I am being admitted at 7 am so will be well ahead of the polls (so to speak) but extremely interested in how things progress, so an even better excuse to be parked in front of the telly. Your plans sound wonderfully exciting - just love surprises! What fun. :happydance::happydance:
Thanks for being in touch dear friend! :friends:
 
@Miss Muffet
I'll be here for you too! I'm so happy you are FINALLY have both surgeries behind you. You're going to be so relieved! :yay:

@Nana2-8
Oh boy, has this election been something! You have a great time with your darling grandkids! Hugs!
 
@Cynthia777 - my long-time, reliable and faithful friend. We've manoeuvred a few emotional trips and bumps along the road but together we are strong. That's the beauty of BoneSmart. Hugs :friends:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom