Guest viewing is limited

THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

@Miss Muffet - I haven't been posting anywhere for awhile but I've been thinking of you everyday. I've been hoping you'd get a new date soon and finally you do! Hooray and congrats! :egypdance: This has been dragging on way too long for you and you have been such a strong and smiling trooper through it all! I hope the surgery goes very smoothly for you. Will be sending all good thoughts to you on Nov. 8th. I'm so glad your full and final recovery will be happening soon! Hang in there, my friend! :flwrysmile:
 
:hi: @Readysetgo - so terribly touched by all the kindness and concern on here.
What a great gang we are! :roseshwr:
It'll soon come round then I'll be all matched up again. Lovely to hear from you through the ether :flwrysmile:
 
@Misslucky - thanks so much. What have you got coming up and when? Cannot see anything in your signature. Need to keep my beady eye on things you understand:flabber:
 
I've got my mri on the Thursday and my last steriod shot on the 16th Nov before my appointment to be told what is going on exactly and the plan of action so for me it's the big old waiting game at the mo! I'll keep u posted
 
Oh, Jane - I am joining in the chorus of celebration as you've finally got a date!!! Congratulations, and may these last few weeks pass as quickly as possible so you can get on with the joy of life with TWO new hips!!!!
xoxox
 
Hello! I've been thinking of you with two new hips so I'm very sorry to hear you've been postponed but glad you at least have a date to work towards. I hope you're feeling better and will be fighting fit by then.
 
Hi @Zelda! Lovely to hear from you. Counting down using my phone App - 3 weeks today I'll be all done and hiking round the hospital. Hope all is well with you and your new hips. Soon be joining the double hippies.
 
Hello @DizzyBlond - thank you so much. It's lovely to share this milestone With my special extended family. You must be trucking along really well now 3 months out.
 
@Miss Muffet I do have a walking stick I use if I go outside and a few times I have used it in side. I probably need to break down and get me a cane to use in the house. My knee was bothering me and so I ordered a brace from Amazon and that has helped. Today is a good day. :)
 
@JMACCA - picked up some magnesium tabs today. Will give them a whirl. Had a dreadful night's sleep last night and have suitcases hanging from my eyes today. :bored:
@Tweetybrd - thanks for your advice too. My pharmacist did mention it can cause runny tummy, so I will be cautious :unsure:
 
:hi: fellow Smarties :friends:

Just got to share this little rainbow with you all.....

When I finally got Op date news Mr M felt he had to divulge a secret that he’d planned for my birthday (end of November). He had booked tickets last year, would you believe, for us to see Van Morrison on 29 November. This was way before we were aware I’d need the first, let alone second THR. He was naturally worried whether I’d cope with not only a trip back and forth to Manchester (1½ hrs each way) :driver: but all that sitting and most likely in very cramped arena seating. It is exactly 3 weeks post-surgery so I silently panicked and suggested he let me have a word with the organisers :phone:.

Result is I've had a lovely string of emails back and forth with the organisers. :type: The lady there has switched things so we get to sit right at the front of the auditorium with no seating in front so my leg isn't squashed up. I’ve also looked into hiring a wheelchair which I am assured will make no difference to the arrangement because he will also be seated with me. No stairs to negotiate and easy access. :climb: Just have to take our tix to the box office on arrival and they'll reissue the new ones. This sounds like the best ever outcome. Not only am I more likely to cope, but we'll be right up front by the stage!
Just need to make sure I cope with the journey and long periods of sitting :fingersx:
Thinking of taking the cool box and loading it up with ice gel packs and hope they last. :ice:Mind you I'll have to make sure I don't rise like Lazarus and start jiving and let myself down.:heehee: (chance would be a fine thing)
 
Oh my goodness!!!......good ole Mr. M....otherwise known as the 'pill warden'.....has shown his true colors!!! What a dear he is (whether or not he hears his cell phone/texts) to surprise you this way! Who knew they would accommodate you in such a grand manner? I sure hope you don't hit any snags along the way. Keep those ice packs frozen solid to have handy during the concert! You could actually draw the attention of the band!!! Oh my! Such a dedicated fan. - Since this will be your left (which mine was) I found it most comfortable in the car by placing a small (about 5x7) soft pillow between me and the seat-belt notch.
 
What a sweet and wonderful post to read as I begin my day today! What a wonderful surprise your husband planned all those months ago, Jane, and how fabulous that the concert organizers were so accommodating!! Thank goodness you're already in the know as to how to go about dealing with the post-op challenges - we'll be cheering you on right through surgery and straight to Manchester!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom