Guest viewing is limited

THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

Thank you @Readysetgo - yes I think I'm pretty much organised now. Hair appointment tomorrow and bag packed ready for the off first thing on Tuesday morning.
Suggest you try reporting your problem to the HELP section and the bugs and Techy section and see if they can help.
I can honestly say being off all meds, when the time is right, is something I relish :happydance:
 
OH I am SO excited for you @Miss Muffet!! Not long now!!

I have been thinking of you over the last few days wondering how you must be feeling!

ALL THE BEST!! :flwrysmile: :loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
Oooohhh thanks dear friend. Off the NSAIDs for the final days is very testing but also a stark reminder what they are masking and precisely WHY this needs to be resolved once and for all. Soon be you. Make sure you keep in touch. I'll continue to post on this string as it covers both first and second flat tyres (as Mr M refers to them)
 
Wishing you the best for your upcoming op. You will rock this with your positive attitude, caring hubby and all your friend on BS cheering you on!

Sending sunshine from Aus

Xx


Candice - 29 year old from Aus
RTHR 1 June 2016 LTHR 13 July 2016 Revision of LTHR 12 October 2016.
 
Hello! Thank you for your warm wishes.. I'll keep posting - you can't get rid of this girl that quickly!
Thanks also for the sunshine. :SUNsmile: UK has seen its first snow and the temps have plummeted. Just the right time to be cosied up and recovering and let the others get on with everything else.
Good to see you're doing okay. Am still keeping a beady eye on you :wink:
 
Just popping by to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I'm sure all will go well. So pleased that soon you will have both of those bad hips behind you (so to speak!). There will be no stopping you in a few weeks time. :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::loveshwr:
 
Hello @BizzyLizzy - You're practically a veteran now. So happy to hear how well you've done and living life to the full again. Keep us updated from time to time. But in the meantime have fun!
 
Dear Smarties - thought I’d just pop a bit of a summary ahead of disappearing tomorrow morning at the crack of sparrows.

My first THR seems like an age ago, although it was only in April. Goes to show what a change that alone has made as I am not conscious of the new spare parts I have been gifted, and which have already made a big difference. I rate my surgeon who detected that not only my right hip needed replacing but my left one was in bad shape, and he was spot on, because I am less than 24 hours away from that one being replaced and in the intervening months the rapid decline is palpable. :blackcloud:

Once you have selected and consulted a reputable and experienced surgeon who has declared your hip or hips as suitable case/s for replacement and you are pondering about whether to proceed, I can only say that a professional knows what they are looking at, from years of experience, and they have a pretty shrewd idea of what the outlook is for you. It’s not a dose of ‘flu which you can nurse and which will improve. Osteoarthritis is an animal which, once it gets a hold, bites and doesn’t let go. :tantrum2:

We all have anxieties about surgery – that’s natural – but hip replacement surgery is one of the most successful and is carried out every day all over the world, and the wealth of knowledge that has been accumulated over the years is astonishing. I went in nervous as a kitten, but I am now a total convert.

Osteoarthritis has crept up on me over a period of years. What was first thought to be back pain turned out to be horrid hips, so much time was wasted until we got the right diagnosis. In the interim I have consumed vast quantities of drugs in an attempt to mask the pain. My mobility and fitness have suffered along with my ability to be actively involved in numerous daily activities until practically housebound. I felt plain old before my time - and boring. This adds up to increasing sense of misery which can send a previously sane person into a downward spiral very quickly.

I was only said to someone yesterday that, if they were in the same position, our great grandparents (possibly even our grandparents) would have been sentenced to a lifetime of increasing pain and disability. They would have been lucky to be given aspirin for the pain. I count myself extremely fortunate that I can elect to have this life changing surgery which will enable me to follow all those dreams that have been put on hold for so long.

BoneSmart has been an absolute Godsend – I came back here for understanding and guidance and got it in spades. The friendships that have blossomed will be lasting. I have likened the experience to a race. Some standing on the side-lines watching and wondering, some on the race track charging onwards and then passing the baton of experience on to those coming up behind. Then at the finishing post there are plenty there cheering us on, sharing our little victories and equally thrilled that we have finally completed the course. :friends:

I’ll be back with updates as they happen – I’m a bit prolific once I get the bit between my teeth.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya just wanted to wish you all best for tomorrow. Hope all goes well and yes please keep those updates coming as all of us would love to hear how your getting on!! good luck :yes!:
 
That was very well written Miss Muffet. So many true statements in there. :)
I am SO excited that you get to have your 2nd hip done tomorrow. I will be sending you positive thoughts and cant wait to read you are out and can start your recovery. I will be watching and learning from the sidelines until I get to charge on to the racetrack in January. :walking:
 
Dropping in to send you prayers, hugs, well wishes and a congratulations on your new position! I'll be checking in more frequently and will give an update on my wonderful new painfree freedom! You've got this my friend! Much love! CC
 
@Miss Muffet Just had to stop by and add my prayers and good wishes to your growing list here.. I am sure that you are ready and will breeze through with flying colors.. :) I will be very interested in hearing how the second hip compares to the first.
You got this!!
 
Didn't want you to think I wasn't thinking about you. Wrapping my arms around you in comfort and grace. Can't wait to hear your first post-op report. Xxoo
 
Wishing you all the best tomorrow and sending prayers and healing thoughts your way dear @MissMuffet. We are cheering you on and will be waiting expectedly for your updates.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
We are with you today in spirit @Miss Muffet ! Hope there is room for all your BoneSmart friends in theatre! :heehee: See you here again soon!
 
Eeeekkk! Wakey wakey! It is your special day!!

Sending you lots of healing vibes!!!

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom