THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

How long before you are done with the antibiotics? So sorry your op is delayed! :bawl:
 
@SwimGirl - yes you're right of course. I guess I had tucked in the back of my mind a little worm which said "expect the worst, just in case". Hubby was going to go up into the loft to put away his sailing gear this morning and said he'd get down my PostOp survival kit (raised loo seats, shower stool etc) but I stopped him, thinking he was making an assumption too early.
As my lovely surgeon said - "this is a once and for all Operation and we want to get it right with no hiccups". Of course that makes sense and these things happen.

I'll just concentrate on being as fit as a flea which will make for an Olympic recovery
:biking::fasthorse::running::swim::bicycle1::treadmill::tennis::bicycle2::hiking::upright:
 
As my lovely surgeon said - "this is a once and for all Operation and we want to get it right with no hiccups". Of course that makes sense and these things happen.

I'll just concentrate on being as fit as a flea which will make for an Olympic recovery

Handling it all in stride, dear Jane, despite the disappointment, the increased intensity of pain (and I'm guessing a few tears) - how like you, Miss Muffet! As you started the week with high hopes that surgery would be a go on Thursday only to discover that the "pause" button has been pushed, may you know settle down into a "big picture" perspective - in a very short time this will be a frustration forgotten as you recovery with two new hips and a life full of movement, joy and no more pain!! My very best thoughts and prayers are with you!!! :friends:
 
Rrrrrrrrrghh!!!!!!

That was my first thought when I saw your last post. I'm so sorry you were delayed, but your surgeon is right of course. Doesn't make it any less frustrating. It's hard gearing up mentally for surgery. I'm sorry you have to do it again.
I hope they can schedule you ASAP as soon as you are cleared.
 
@Miss Muffet, I am so terribly sorry, Friend. Your attitude is a great one though. I agree with the other folks that it's important to get it right, even if it means a bit of a delay. I know how difficult it is when you've psyched yourself up for surgery though. Sending renewed good vibes your way! :loveshwr:
 
Oh @DizzyBlond - such kind words. Stop it or you'll set me off again. And yes, tears. Take note those who are in any doubt about proceeding. Miss Muffet wept because she couldn't have her Op when she wanted it :cry:
 
@OUCH! - I almost think I was expecting it. Hoping against hope I was wrong - but there you are, it just wasn't going to happen. In the grand scheme of things it's worth the wait but being off the meds for 4 days makes it harder not to want to clamber up on the operating table and do it myself!
 
Thanks @DeepBreath - :friends:- I know it makes sense. It would be foolish to want the Op to proceed regardless, if it actually makes me sick. Just wanted so badly to get on with it. But I will use the time to get super well and also to tie up some of the loose ends I didn't manage to get to. Fingers crossed in a couple of weeks I'll be in a better position - either done or imminent :chillpill: So grateful for all this wonderful, understanding support:)
 
I so understand @Miss Muffet. My first surgery was postponed (luckily just a few days), but it knocked me back a bit as I had mentally prepared myself.
You'll get there and it will be amazing.
Big Hugs! :)
 
A www...MissM.....a brief bump in the road but if anyone can handle it, you will! Please continue to let us know how you are doing without your other meds and about your other prep. Holding your hand.
 
@Nana2-8 - Yes, a bump. We all get them, just need to roll with the punches. In the grand scheme of things it is for my own good, I'm just being a truculent child. Meds finally beginning to kick in thank goodness. Hopefully sleep a bit better tonight. Thanks for being in touch.
 
Not to worry, Miss M, I'll be holding your hand thru this. I'm not going anywhere.....( well, except for heading South soon). But thru the beauty of cyberspace, I'll be able to follow you. And as you well know, it's thru the beauty of this surgery that I can again look forward to working myself back into "golfing" mode. So, you know that there are brighter days in your future.
 
Ah @Nana2-8 - the loyalty on here is just stupendous! Have a wonderful trip and "golfing" without handicaps (ie rotten hips) has to be a blessing :egypdance:
 
Hi MM. Sorry to hear about the postponement - it's a pain (!) when you have built yourself for it, but a couple of weeks, when you will have a matching pair for the rest of your life is just a blip
Feet up and watch the Ryder Cup! I'm not confident thus time ...
 
Thanks @PS46 - agree. Cannot remain lopsided for much longer. Not sure about Ryder Cup helping - (bet our US BS Buddies are feeling a little more chipper than we are :scaredycat:)
 
:scare:This lopsided feeling is strange isn't it? Looking forward to mine now - well I guess really looking forward to my next one plus 6 weeks!
I usually feel good about the Ryder Cup, but the USA team looks very strong on paper
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom