Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Geez @Mireille .... I've just read your recovery posts. You have to be my most bionic acquaintance. I'm in awe of your expedited recovery (I too, had anterior) ... but then I remind myself I'm old enough to be your Mama... and my DIL (hospital chaplain) told me 'the younger the better' in the recoveries she's seen. Sorry for the difficulties of your recuperation, family loss ... fungal infection.... tape allergy. :cry:But you've certainly risen above the adversity like the rock star you are. I might have missed the post about what kind of bed you got, but I hope that is working well for you. Reading your cleaning/working/gotta be moving *OCD* posts makes me grateful to have a little *CCL* (couldn't care less) in me. Your recent posts have made me think to post about my incision on my recovery thread. I so appreciate the wisdom and experience of the site monitors. Keep Moving Forward @Mirelle!
 
@NanaMama Ha,ha my friends and family keep calling me the bionic woman. My son's phone plays the bionic woman theme song when I call him. :rotfl: I wish, if that wad the case, I should be able to cartwheels right now :dancy:.

After my TKR, I learned that I should try to be as specific as possible in my posts on bonesmart so if anyone was looking for info, it would help. I try my best but sometimes hold back because I don't want to complain too much or be a "baby". As much as this forum helps me, I want to provide info that may help others. We should try to post as much of our recovery as we can since all recoveries are so different. Our stories are bound to help others not feel so alone during this sometimes difficult time.

On a lighter note, the bed is great, I got adjustable bases and plush mattresses and my back feels much better. :sleeep:

I need some CCL, send some my way :heehee:

Thanks for the encouragement , we'll get through this and soon it will be a distant memory. Take care of yourself and keep posting! :friends:
 
Hi @Mireille
Hoping the past few days have been good for you.
Wondering how your incision and rash are coming along...
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
 
@Layla Hope you're having a great weekend!

My rash and incision are doing better. I still itch but it looks a lot less "angry". I see the dermatologist tomorrow morning for a follow up on all these itchy problems. :yahoo:

It's been a crazy, busy weekend. A true test of my mobility. I worked from home quite a bit on Friday and finally just stopped and went to take a long nap. My lovely DH, called me because he ran out of gas. Not the first time, ugh..He always pushes it. I can never understand that. I felt bad that he had to walk so I got in my car and drove to pick him up so he could go to the gas station. At that point, I had only practiced driving once. Thank goodness he wasn't far away. I was not a happy wife. :chinstroke:

I had a co-workers wedding on Saturday afternoon. DH had to work in the morning so I drove myself to get a pedi. I stopped at Michael's and Marshalls. I was out for about 3 hours. I got home and started getting ready. DH dropped me off at the wedding at 5pm, it was beautiful and so much fun. I sort of "danced" (I'm using that term loosely, lol) with my cane and had a great time with my friends. Got home around 11pm and passed out in bed, so...tired. Fast forward to this morning and I feel fine. A little sore but totally worth it. I'm really amazed and happy at how well my hip is responding. :egypdance:

Anywho, today is a lazy day and I'm taking it nice and easy. I think I pushed it enough this weekend. :fingersx: BTW, that's knee with the pink and black hat and the fam, hehe...

[Bonesmart.org] Mireille's New Hip<
 
I guess today would be a rest day @Mireille! That’s a busy day by any standard, let alone less than 4 weeks out.

Glad you got to enjoy time at friends wedding and feel well today. I think some soreness is to be expected-just let it recover a bit before your next big outing!
 
Hi @Mireille
Whew! You had a whirlwind day / weekend. I'll bet you are tired but it's wonderful to hear
you're only a little sore today. Thankfully you aren't wondering "What Did I Do?" :hairpulling:
I'll bet with a nap, lots of rest and ice you'll be right back where you were.

The pics are adorable. It's easy to see you were enjoying yourself and what better than some fun with friends!

Happy to hear your incision and rash are improving. I hope you have a good visit with the derm tomorrow.

Best wishes for a peaceful week as you continue healing!
 
Good morning everyone! So went to my dermatology appt. today and all rashes are getting better. Hooray! However, now I'm sitting at OS office because I have swollen lymph nodes in my groin, redness from right side of incision through part of my thigh and she felt the area warm. She wanted me to come back to OS. This certainly is an adventure that I'd rather not take. :scaredycat:
 
Oh, my little Bionic Friend.... So sorry for the swollen lymph nodes, etc. Your photos definitely speak to the fun you had at the family wedding - I'm sure you'll bounce back with rest, ice, rest, elevation, rest....

OCD - Obigatory Captive Detainment (You're grounded Missy)
 
@Mireille. Praying everything is ok with the lymph nodes! Glad the rash is healing well and you were able to have fun at the wedding! What a good wife you are to pick DH up! I’m off to get the Vq scan for my lungs. Will check on you later to make sure everything is ok with the lymph nodes. Hugs.
 
@Layla Well, saw the PA and I just don't feel all warm and fuzzy about anything but we'll see.

PA (consulted with OS) says it looks like tendinopathy. Wants me to take ibuprofen, I already take Cymbalta (duloxetine) so I'm not too happy about that. My GP told me no more ibuprofen because I had been taking it for so long and put me on Cymbalta instead.

He said unless I had bleeding issues, it was ok to take both. The swollen lymph node is from the inflammation.

PT will supposedly help with the tendonitis. He didn't find it unusually red or warm and said that I shouldn't worry about infection unless I start to see drainage. Not too confident about that since we can get infections well after the incision has healed.

I have new tenderness and new discomfort. I'm not a complainer when it comes to aches and pains, I handle things pretty well (except TKR, lol) so I'm not overly paranoid. I just know my body well and listen to it. I'll wait and see how this plays out. I see OS in 2 weeks for my 6 wk follow up. :shrug::chinstroke:



@NanaMama
OCD - Obigatory Captive Detainment (You're grounded Missy)

Love this! :rotfl: You're so right! Thanks so much, hope you're having a blessed day!



@hipster333 Thanks so much! I hope everything goes well today! I'll be stopping by your thread to check up on you. Hugs! :friends:
 
Hi @Mireille
I don't blame you in regard to the warm and fuzzy. I tend to be the same way.
We want answers so we can formulate a plan of action. Watchful Waiting or Wait And See approaches don't set well with us. BUT how many times in our lives did it happen that the things we spent the most time worrying about never amounted to anything? For me, more often than not! It comes across you have a healthy intuition about your body. I have no doubt you'll monitor the situation closely. I find it promising your OS has a tentative diagnosis and doesn't seem too concerned. As difficult as it may be, I'd go along with that for the next two weeks unless something changes that warrants attention.

Consider giving your GP a call to talk over the ibuprofen. Possibly there's an alternative.
You could also ask Jo to weigh in on all, if interested.
Prayers for healing, comfort and a peace about all.
 
@Layla Yes, I totally agree with with. I'm a numbers girl so I want certainties and not possibilities :heehee: I do however trust my OS and will do as he asks unless something changes, as you said. I will ask Jo to weigh in. She's usually right in the money :thumb: As always thanks for encouragement. You truly are a blessing! Enjoy your day!
 
@Josephine Hope you're well! Hoping you can provide some input on my latest saga :heehee:

Forgot to tag you earlier. Thanks in advance. It's appreciated! :flwrysmile:

saw the PA and I just don't feel all warm and fuzzy about anything but we'll see. PA (consulted with OS) says it looks like Tendinopathy. Wants me to take ibuprofen, I already take Cymbalta (duloxetine) so I'm not too happy about that. My GP told me no more ibuprofen because I had been taking it for so long and put me on Cymbalta instead. He said unless I had bleeding issues, it was ok to take both. The swollen lymph node is from the inflammation. PT will supposedly help with the tendonitis. He didn't find it unusually red or warm and said that I shouldn't worry about infection unless I start to see drainage. Not too confident about that since we can get infections well after the incision has healed. I have new tenderness and new discomfort. I'm not a complainer when it comes to aches and pains, I handle things pretty well (except TKR, lol) so I'm not overly paranoid. I just know my body well and listen to it. I'll wait and see how this plays out. I see OS in 2 weeks for my 6 wk. follow up. :shrug::chinstroke:
 
Last edited:
@Mireille if it's not one thing it's another. That's what it feels like these days :hairpulling: Great idea to have Josephine weigh in. Are the swollen lymph nodes hurting? Make sure you don't push yourself too hard with work and all of your activities--maybe your body is telling you to slow down a bit. I know mine is right now. Hip not happy with all of these hospital trips. I think some ice will be just the ticket for this afternoon.:ice: Your friend's wedding looked like a blast--I'm glad you didn't have to miss it! :loveshwr:
 
PA (consulted with OS) says it looks like tendinopathy. PT will supposedly help with the tendinitis.
I very much doubt it! Their answer to these situations is often more of the exercises that caused it in the first place!
My GP told me no more ibuprofen because I had been taking it for so long and put me on Cymbalta instead.
VERY wise of him! Cymbalta, as I'm sure you know, is Duloxetine which affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with nerve pain.
He said unless I had bleeding issues, it was ok to take both.
Quite right!
I have new tenderness and new discomfort.
Like to expand on that? I've read back a couple of pages but see no mention of this.
 
@Josephine Thanks so much forr the quick reply.

Like to expand on that? I've read back a couple of pages but see no mention of this.

I now have pain from my groin to the left side of the incision, 5-6 pain scale. It's worse when sitting at 90 angle. Alleviates a little when leg is out in front of me when sitting or when I lay down. Feels like a burning sensation sometimes. The incision itself is tender to the touch, especially the bottom part. I also noticed my groin glands and neck glands are swollen and tender. These things are new, was having very mild discomfort until 3-5 days ago.

I haven't had PT since 2/23, home PT didn't think I needed any. I didn't do any exercises that caused pain. We walked outside a little, I did some side leg extensions, stand on my tip toes and tried raising my foot of the floor while sitting. Nothing strenous, 5 PT sessions since 2/6. My outpatient evaluation is tomorrow.
 
@hipster333 I'm taking it easy right now. Resting and icing. The glands are tender. Groin hurts like :censored:

How are you? Any answers? I know it's not easy going all over the place to get things checked out. These recoveries are like see saws, up and down :good-bad:Hope you're icing and resting too! Hugs :console2:
 
Back
Top Bottom