TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Minnie's knees I hope you are doing great hope your pain level is being kept low and know you will be just fine it just takes time and knowing how hard it is to stay patient. Your nurses candy is such a cute idea and sure that all who came to have some must have appreciated your thoughtfulness. You are so early in your recovery time and seems like so much much to have to deal with and can be frustrating know it was for me to. I remember my leg felt like it was made of cement and felt so heavy.

Things seemed to be so hard at first and remember feeling like I had made a mistake and asking why did I do it. Things were ok till I was told that my bend was just not up to the standards needed by pt not by surgeon but by pt and trying to make them happy only made me more unhappy. I does get better though although it seems it won't it does. Looking back even now you can see that you have made it through the surgery and that is a big step all on its own. Your knee down the road will be something that you will find will make your quality of life so much better and hoping that your pt is treating you gently. It just seems like that time will never come I felt during mine that driving would never happen again. It did.

Take time to relax go at your own pace and be kind to yourself. Housework and other things that are on hold for now will wait and soon you will look back and see how much you have accomplished just takes time. things will move along for you this is something I will remember for my own surgery as the last time everything seemed to be moving along slower for me then I had expected we all go along on our own schedule.

You have just went through a major surgery your damaged knee is now replaced it just needs to heal and then with time it will feel like part of you I did not like my knee at first it did not feel like part of me as expectations were set for me that I could not accomplish. I promise things will get so much better and then movement will be better for you then it has been for a while. Hoping you love your new knee when things calm down and know that now I love mine. Great to hear you are managing to get some sleep and I too love to sleep on my side so found that could not wait till no longer needed to sleep on my back.

I know this time I will do some things differently then I did last time around. Trying to get a few things taken care of around our house early . Anxious to get surgery over before the spring comes, and so happy to be getting closer to the date still a little longer to go but coming quick. Wishing you all of the best knowing you will do great. Holly
 
@lavender Thank you for your nice thoughts. Housework is definitely waiting. I did a lot of fall cleaning before surgery and my family is taking care of all housework and laundry for now. We have 2 stories and I am upstairs in our bedroom which opens to the family room so I can still see and interact with the family. I have a large comfortable chair with arms and an ottoman that I can get in and out of easily in our bedroom for a change of positions. My pain has been controlled and mostly resting, icing, and elevating. I visit bonesmart several times a day,watch tv, and read. Your surgery date is getting closer and will be here before you know it. Maybe the second one will be easier as you know what to expect and as you said you will do some things differently. I will need my other knee done at some point but don't even want to think about that right now lol. I have to get through this one first. Take care.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 @gr82cu2 very minimal improvement with log leg but some is better than none. :) I can raise my heel about 1/2 inch with a lot of effort. Hopefully it's starting to wake up. My pain is controlled with :chillpill:Trying to :ice: elevate and do my heel slides and ankle pumps. One day at a time.
 
@Minnie's knees sorry to read that you are having log leg. This happens to lots of us and will get better. I know before you said that you are inpatient. You know how impatient I have been lately. I am feeling much better and am sending you over some patience and happy thoughts. Try to remember this is a long process and we just have to take it one day at a time. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Hang in there.
 
I got a very nice surprise tonight from my friends at work. Sorry the picture is so big. I don't know how to make it smaller.

[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA
 
Can the barometric pressure from a thunderstorm affect the artificial knee? We had a pretty good storm last night that lasted about an hour. My new knee is more tight and painful this morning than it had been. The weather including the barometric pressure has always affected my arthritis.
 
@gr82cu2 sorry you didn't get any flowers for your last surgery. I don't normally care about receiving flower deliveries as they are expensive and die so quickly. My family had some for me when I got home and I do like to have some on the table occasionally. This delivery was very unexpected from my coworkers and very much appreciated. I really needed that pick me up.
 
@Minnie's knees I think the weather can effect the knees. Sometimes though, it is just one of those things. Hubby has an odd day sometimes usually he overdoes it the day before. Happy Halloween to you too!
 
Yes, I think the weather still has an effect from my experience. Not in the actual knee but in the surrounding tissues and ligaments. I feel 100 years old this morning. It is turning very cold, windy and rainy here today. I hope you feel better @Minnie's knees !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom