TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA

@tiredwife
@madinana @gr82cu2 My nurse bait bucket
 
Hi Minnie's Knees!

My leg was log-like for a couple days after leaving the hospital, too. But I could still walk. I could NOT do leg lifts unless someone started it for me, them my leg would catch up. So weird.

I'm beginning to understand that knee replacement surgery is particularly difficult for us impatient folks. I have a promise to myself and others to lay low and do nothing for 6 weeks.

I am really glad that your pain is under control. That is the biggest hurdle, and many don't seem to achieve that.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Minnie's knees

Just relax about the leg raises they will come as soon as your body is ready to do them. I got myself into an awful state about exactly the same thing after my TKR back in January. Suddenly a week or so later it suddenly worked unexpectedly. I went to raise it, in my head thinking this isn't going to happen, so what's the point and suddenly it raised. It was only a fraction at first. We all heal differently. I saw people a lot older than me doing leg raises on day two!!! So you can imagine how that made me feel lol xx

You will be fine xxx

Love Nana moon27 xxxx
 
@lunula I did have to explain to the nurses, housekeeping, etc that the candy was for them. After that they would come in sometimes just for a piece of candy. I live the happy holiday theme. We did fall instead of Halloween in case my date changed. My daughter, granddaughters and I worked on it together and had a lot of fun. So far I haven't eaten a single piece of the candy. Best wishes on your surgery and recovery.
 
@Djbrund Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate it. I can walk using the immobilizer just fine. I just can't lift the leg off the bed on my own so they are concerned my leg may not be stable to walk without support of the immobilized. I know it will happen soon but I am not very patient.
 
Kathy, you sound like you're starting to get the post op blues. Just remember this is all part if the course of this recovery. When you feel low come on here and chat. Pop on to my thread and see what the latest topic is. At the moment it's shoes and dogwheels recent land purchase x You could go into the social room and join in the fun there. I'm in there regularly doing limericks and other games.

You are never alone here seriously xx

Have a read of this article. It may help you xxx
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Love Ann xxx
 
@Minnie's knees I just wanted to chime in and add my encouragement. The first few weeks are the hardest. I'm at six weeks and just started sleeping six hours at night. Before that it was 2-3 hours at a time ( which worked out well for meds) We just have to remember that all of this pain and effort is worth it in our journey to become mobile and pain-free!
 
@PuppyLove I really appreciate it. I am sleeping okay even having to set alarms for meds. I am mostly frustrated with log leg which has me in an immobilizer when weight bearing. So I need help doing almost everything. We take our independence for granted even with bad knees. Of course I was hoping to be farther along at 6 days. Once the quad muscle decides to come back from vacation I will feel so much better. Hope you are doing well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom