TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife I know! Here too. It is just plain nasty outside here right now. We might even have light snow or flurries tonight. The wind is gusting pretty bad out there. Leaves are just flying out of our trees. I wonder how many little ones will actually be out trick or treating tonight.
 
@gr82cu2 We have a lot of bare trees already. Never had much pretty color this year. I hope we at least get some trick or treaters!
 
@gr82cu2 we are in San Antonio. Austin has grown up a lot just in The last few years.

@tired wife Our summer's are very hot reaching 100 several days. Too hot for me but it's a trade off with the winters. We hit freezing 2-3 times. I don't own a winter coat.
 
@Minnie's knees
Did you get your staples out ? My husband lived in TX for years. He absolutely Loved it,
Still talks about it today. The girls loved his Boston accent. I personally would wilt up into
A dry tumbleweed. The heat kills me, I hate it :yikes: I need the Winter & a good old Snow storm :snow dig:
The colder it is, the better I feel :happydance:I love to shovel snow & I do it barefoot, keeps my
Immunity healthy.
I hope your knee is better today,
Thinking of you :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Minnie's knees, your flowers are beautiful!!! How nice of your coworkers to think of you. I received flowers from my bowling tea, and it really cheered me up. I often hate spending money on flowers because they so t last long, but sometimes they are just the best medicine! I'll have to post a picture of them on my thread. I got them five weeks ago and they are still on the kitchen table. They were starting to die, but not droop like normal. I just let them go and they look almost like dried flowers now.
And yes, the weather can affect your knees. When I had my first surgery, it was I. The winter and whenever it was going to snow, boy would it just stiff in up. My therapist said that happens lots of times.
@gr82cu2, sorry no one sent you flowers when you had your surgery. Your count down is beginning. I hope you are getting done what you want to have done. Don't stress yourself out about it, but you sound like me and ai know I felt so much better knowing that things were done before my surgery. Have a good weekend!
 
Our friends wanted to get hubby some flowers, they had the bouquet made up, filled out the card, and the stores credit card computer thing messed up so they couldn't pay for them. They took a photo of the bouquet and gave him the card and a picture of the flowers. We thought that was hilarious!.
 
Fall is upon us. I had to break out my heavier jacket today. Our high was 43 F. Of course in a couple of months that would feel positively balmy. :)
 
I hated the heat in Austin. Oppressive especially when it was humid which was most of the time in the summer. Winters were very nice though, I'll admit that. I remember when we moved down there. We left Illinois on January 1st with everything we owned inside a "topper" on a pickup truck and inside a small car. It was 17 below zero when we left and the truck had no working heater. OMG we were so poor! Anyway, by the time we got to Texas and called mom and dad to let them know we arrived (long before cell phone days) safe and sound it was sunny, warm shorts weather :) Our oldest son was born there. I consider him a Texan but I don't think he does. He was only 3 months when we moved to CT from there. Most of the time we lived there we were a young childless couple and had a great time. Texans are uber awesome people :)
 
@new knee in June, wow, you certainly do like cold weather. I hate it and the older I get, the more I hate it. It I don't like the heat the way I used to either. Here in Delaware we have cold, wet winters and hot, muggy summers and everything else in between. The bad thing a out Delaware is it's bad for allergies. Maybe that's why I have to get two shots monthly. Oh well, it is what it is. I don't think we'll ever leave and will retire here.
 
@new knee in June I get my staples out on Monday. I don't like really cold weather. It's okay to visit but that's it for me. Texas is very dry and hot but it's home.

@gr82cu2 we lived in Arizona when my kids were little and on Christmas day we drove up the mountain to play in snow and then they were in the pool that afternoon. It never felt like the holidays.

@Yorkimom The unexpected flowers were good medicine. My therapist said the weather can definitely affect the new knee.

@tiredwife Its the thought that counts on the flowers. I'm sure they felt bad but very creative!
 
I definitely over did it yesterday.:boohoo: I have been awake for about 1.5 hours. Can't sleep, ice on knee, my hip hurts the most like it has a cramp. I was downstairs a couple of times today helping prep dinner and snacks for grandkids Halloween. Then I was outside with them for about an hour passing out candy after they got back from trick or treating with their mom. Maybe the harder chairs I was sitting in vs bed and soft chair or going up and down stairs 2x in the immobilizer. It was worth it as they had a great time.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kathy

We all have a day where all we want us to be "normal". I am most certainly not going stand in judgement of you. It was a special day, your kids needed you, you wanted to be involved and I would have been there in a heartbeat if they had been mine. Stairs are my downfall. If I do too many on a day I have the whole hip and knee thing going on and ouch!!!

I think you will find the pain was about being more active and on your feet ten times or more longer than you've been doing.

Your only five weeks in and you just joined the ODIC (over did it club) we all do it!!!

Just have an easier day today, rest, ice and elevate xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi Kathy @Minnie's knees

Happy Post Halloween,

The day was dry here until 6:00 pm. & that's the time when the trick or treating "un officially" starts. and then the rain started. A few heavy downpours in between some dry spells.

So between the showers we had many ghosts, goblins, characters from Frozen & Ninja Turtles calling until about 9:00 pm. I really enjoy the evening Nd love the look of wonder on the small ones when you add sweeties to their Halloween bags.

Sorry to hear that you became a member of the ODIC, it happens to all of us at one time or another, and sometimes a few times over the course of our recovery. The important thing is that you felt it was worth it !

When I had my 32 staples removed at day 10 post-op, not a bother.
Talking with the nurse and before I knew it they were all out. I can honestly say that it was as gentle as going to the hairdressers.

But, I know that others have found some discomfort. Think positive and take a deep breath and think happy thoughts when they are coming out.

Have a restful and relaxing Saturday and Sunday,
Cathie
 
-Polishes his King ODIC silly crown. Im always overdoing it but my thoughts are recognise it rest but also reflect on the hey I did better than yesterday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom