@Minnie's knees I am sending positive thoughts as you return to work, I hope it goes well, am sure the first day you will be exhausted. You will be in my thoughts
I can see with the RA that massage and some hands on could be helpful for PT. Even if they can ice the heck out of it for you part of the time that could be helpful. I really loved that GameReady ice wrap the PT used on me. Brrr... but it helped with the swelling.
@Ollie I will be able to ice at my desk as much as I need to (I am close to the breakroom and ice machine) It will be a matter of remembering to stand up to stretch and walk around often enough as I am on the phone most of the day.
@madinana thank you. Returning to work will be interesting. Getting back into a routine, my work was reassigned to others so I don't know what I am going back to, etc. I know it will be fine but having been out almost 11weeks it feels a little surreal lol.
@kneeper that was my thoughts exactly. Right now it is hard to know what is the knee surgery and mua and what is the RA. knee is swollen and feels like nerve pain on inside area of knee into my thigh where he would have bent the knee. I am able to walk better and with less pain but ROM has not improved much yet due to the swelling and stiffness. Hopefully that will come with time.
Hi Kathy, I am thinking about you today on your first day back at work and hope you will do well
Will be watching your post to see how you are doing. Take care
@numbzee tomorrow is actually my first day back at work. I am not looking forward to the long day but will come home and rest after I get off.
I saw my OS today. My leg is still very bruised from the mua and ROM has not improved much. Everything looks good on xrays and joint is moving correctly. It seems to be my RA that is causing a lot of inflamation in my knee. For now I will continue with home exercises and PT and keep working to improve my ROM.
Sorry to hear that you are having pain and swelling after your MUA. I am dreading being told that I will need one. I only have until the 14th until I see my OS again. ROM is still dismal.
I hope your return to work goes smoothly - I'll be thinking about you!
I survived my first day back to work. It was a lot of walking and the stop and go traffic was hard as it's my right knee and still not bending well. I am tired and sore. I already took a tramadol, icing and relaxing in my pj's.
Thanks everyone! I was sore from yesterday but not too bad. Today was a little easier and I expect it will continue to get easier day byday. It is going to be cold the next several days so I will be hibernating all weekend lol.
I had first visit with new PT. He is nice but very different from Liz. But it is so convenient not having to leave work and drive across town.
@Minnie's knees, that's great having s PT available at work and very convenient. I know how much you liked Liz, but try to give the new PT a chance and hopefully he can help you gain more ROM? It seems that most therapists have different views on PT. It might be nice to see another approach. I hope your day tomorrow is even better. Anne
@ljrfrm I do work for a great company who cares about their employees but it is also a benefit to the company. This week I am doing nothing after work but eating dinner (hubby and daughter are cooking), and relaxing until bedtime.
@Yorkimom it is the same PT company so similar thoughts. I did let him know I am open to any new ideas or exercises as long as they don't cause pain. The main thing I want is a functional knee. I still have swelling from mua and now from returning to work. Hopefully the weather will warm up in a few weeks which will also help my RA.
Ask him if they have one of those magnificent chilling machines that you put your leg in. If you're going at the end of the day after work it could really help with your swelling. I wish I could remember the name of it. It was a sports type name. It circulates freezing water around your leg in a sleeve that fits from your ankle to hip. And it also compresses. I know the freezing doesn't sound appealing but when my swelling was super bad it really did help. Glad to read you had a little easier day today
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.