Guest viewing is limited

TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Clipless, I certainly understand about PT. If my flexion would have been better than 86 or even improving slightly I probably would not have had the mua. But since I did I will need the extra PT. My OS said my quad is very weak so hoping the continued PT will improve that. I go back to work in one more week so I'll see how that goes with trying to schedule PT appointments.
 
I have the weak quad, too. It's a frustrating situation, as every time I work on strengthening I get ^ swelling and seem to set myself back a bit. >:(

I totally understand why you needed that MUA. You have my support every step of the way. Best wishes on your continued recovery!
 
Enjoy your last week off before returning to work. I hope your MUA swelling calms down and your quad continues to get stronger!
 
@Yorkimom Hi Anne. Thanks for checking on me. PT was okay, my knee is stll swollen, tight and starting to bruise on inside of knee and thigh. I was able to do the exercises at PT and at home. Driving just a few miles yesterday was uncomfortable. Liz did not measure my ROM but I'm sure it wasn't great with the swelling and soreness.

Also its been raining and now we have cold weather coming in tomorrow with highs in the 40's for the next several days after being in the 70's. The weather definitely affects my knee, especially with the RA which is still in a flare up. I'm starting to feel like my body is working against me. I'm hanging in there but very ready for my knee to cooperate.
 
sheeeeeesh 70c that's hot

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Minnie's knees, hi Kathy. Yes, the weather, especially when it gets cold will have an Impact on your knee after surgery, let along when you have RA, so you have a double whammy.
I hope the swelling goes down soon for you. I didn't thing your therapist would measure you so soon, especially when she can see there is swelling. Hopefully when she does measure, you will see I provement. Hang in there. Anne
 
Hi @Legin

Over the pond the weather temperature us measured in Fahrenheit. So 70 degs F is about 21degs Centigrade. That to us in our climate is considered a nice warm day.

@Minnie's knees would your doctor sign you off work a little longer. You don't sound ready or quite fit enough to return to work yet esp with the pain and swelling. Anyway good luck xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
@Yorkimom thanks for the encouragement. I have one very sore area on the inside of my knee that has kept me awake the last 2 nights. I will see OS on Monday.

@Nana moon 27 I hope you and your hubby are doing okay. I have no choice but to return to work on Tuesday 1-6-15 as I am out of time under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)which keeps my job protected for 12 weeks. It is a rolling year so it does not reset in January and I have already used a few days prior to surgery. I will be okay as I am at a desk and will be abe to ice and keep it propped up or move around as I need to. We also have a PT company onsite at my work so I am going to continue my therapy there during my lunch hour or after work. Take care!
 
Hi Kathy, Good to see that your company has a PT on site . That will help tremendously. Hope the swelling calms down so you will be able to get to work without the extra discomfort. I feel for you having to go back to work. I finally made it up to 90 on Monday at PT. Mt therapist was very pleased and gave me a high five!
She thinks if I keep the numbers going up I won't need the MUA . Happy New Year!
 
@Minnie's knees, hang in there Kathy! Hopefully your knee will start improving and your OS might have some ideas for you. Anne
 
@Clipless Happy New Year to you Diana! Definitely hoping 2015 is a better year for all of us.

@numbzee congrats on 90°! I am very happy for you. Our PT's become like family cause we are there so much.

@Yorkimom hopefully so Anne. The main problem is the RA. I talked to Liz about transferring to the PT location at work. She called the director there to let him know my history and he agreed to be my therapist as he has a lot of experience with knees. Liz said he is really good. I will be paying out of pocket and may cut back to 2 times a week but feel that I need a few more weeks especially with going back to work.

Happy New Year! Be safe tonight.
 
Don't underestimate the amount of exercise you will be getting when you go back to work! Because of that, you may well find that you need to cut back on the PT that you do. Walking is the best exercise of all for your knee and you will certainly be doing more of that.
 
@Celle. Thank you, I agree about the walking. If it is too much I will certainly cut back. I was thinking more about the massage and manipulation and stretches. My knee always feels better after PT. I am thinking it will be stiff and probably hurt the first week or two getting back into a routine.
 
@Minnie's knees Yes - be careful and aware of the exercise you'll be getting at work. Maybe you can ice a bit at lunch? That still feels good for my knee!
 
Happy New Year! I hope the new year brings you a happy knee.
 
Happppppppadooody new anum I hope things.calm down for you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom