TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you @Minnie's knees

I'm so glad you can feel the benefit. I have iced both my knees, I even did the legs up the wall but it didn't work today. Case of being in the ODIC XXX I'm in a bit of pain but nothing is working tonight I'm nearly asleep so goidnight Kathy and take care you're a v brave lady xxx
 
Have been checking in and reading how your day has been going. Sounds like the tightness around your knee is getting better. That's encouraging news! Hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better in the morning.
 
Kathy, so sorry to hear you feel like week 2-3 and all that swelling again! Blah! Hopefully it will go down soon since this was less traumatic than surgery but I do get how trauma of any kind has an effect and causes more inflammation. Keep us up to date on how you are feeling. (((Hugs)))

@chestnc I don't have RA. I have psoriatic arthritis. xox
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, Thanks for the hugs. I sure needed them! The swelling is mostly under and Around the knee cap area. I was feeling the log leg wednesday and thursday. I could lift it but it took a lot of effort. My leg doesnt feel as heavy today, still some swelling but not as much pain. Now if I can just get the RA to calm down.
 
@new knee in June Diana, I appreciate you thinking of me. I spent Christmas eve and most of Christmas day resting, icing, elevating and doing gentle exercises.
 
@chestnc thank you for checking on me. The knee would be better if the RA would calm down.Its only been 2 days since the mua so hopefully soon. I did enjoy Christmas with my family and I hope you did as well.
 
Hi @Minnie's knees's, I know that RA certainly can stir other things up and vice versa. Hope the RA settles down so that the knee can feel better. Continue to enjoy the holidays and feel better soon. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Small Victory! I went to the gym today and did the bike for 15 mins and the treadmill for 10 mins. I was finally able to make it all the way around backwards on the bike 2x. I am 2 days post mua and I had not been able to do that before the mua. I did have the seat all the way back and my toes barely on the pedal but I will take what I can get! :egypdance:
 
@Minnie's knees, great job!! What kind of bike did you ride....regular or recumbent? My PT says the uprights is better and less stress on the knees. I tried to ride the recumbent bike at my neighbors, but had to have the seat too far back because od the bend and the it was hard to pedal because I was so far away.
Going around backwards 2x is awesome. Every little bit of progress is a victory. You will get there. Anne
 
@Yorkimom It is the recumbent bike. The other bikes they have are tall with very straight pedals almost like you are standing. I tried that one and it hurt so back to recumbent bike.
 
Wow! You certainly are an encouragement to all of us who are facing the MUA! You are doing great. Keep going!
 
@numbzee I don't know that I got much extra ROM from the mua but hoping it will help me to get there. The tight squeezing around my knee, the IT band pain and a hard knot at the top of my scar area are all gone since the mua. I just want to have a functional knee for every day things without pain. I only had about 110° before surgery and weak quads so I am not expecting miracles.
 
@Minnie's knees, I thought it sounded like the recumbent bike. Christine also said that it tends to be harder, so in you doing it, you are doing fantastic!!!!
 
Good job Kathy! Every bit of progress no matter how big or small counts. How is the swelling today? I bet once the swelling goes down more you'll be able to peddle forwards :)
 
@Yorkimom I didn't realize the recumbent bike was harder. It hurt a little to get those 2 times. around but I was determined.

@gr82cu2 I agree about the progress, big or small we work hard for it. You are setting big goals for me. I would at least like ti pedal backwards comfortably.The swelling is maybe a little less not much. OS said it could take a few days fir the swelling to go down. He also reminded me to expect swelling and stiffness over next year because that's how long TKR recovery takes.
 
@gr82cu2, you can't pedal backwards yet? I'm surprised because your ROMA is better than mine and I can finally do it.
 
@Minnie's knees .... please don't worry if you cannot do the full rotation right now. There are a lot of variables.....the style of bike, the settings on whatever bike you're using, as well as swelling in your knee. You'll get there! Just remember that your recovery will happen when your knee is ready.

Actually recumbent bikes really aren't harder for everyone to use. Some people find them easier than an upright bike. It's all about what works for you. The recumbent ones are especially good for someone with back problems.

Oh, and if you would....I'd appreciate it if you'd update your signature to include your MUA. That will help us provide the best possible information for you if you have questions or concerns.:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom