Guest viewing is limited

TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gr82cu2 thank you! I do need some relief. My OS did exam, we talked and then he said " what are you doing tomorrow?" I told him I was baking cookies. Of course he said lets bend your knee instead and get you feeling better. I would rather be baking cookies but oh well lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Minnie's knees

I had my revision done in September. I am no longer regretting having it done. If I'm really honest up until then in the deepest corner of my mind I thought I'd made a massive mistake having my knee replaced in the first place and regretted it. Now I'm happy to say it has more days feeling like a "normal" knee since the revision so long as I don't overdo it xx if I overdo it then it will swell and ache but not as bad as my non TKR leg!!!

Good luck again xxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 thank you for sharing that. My xrays and exam shows everything is stable so that was good news. I hope it will be my turning point as I need other knee replaced in next year or two depending on how it does.
 
I can relate to how you feel Kathy. I feel as though I've been obsessed with my flexion. I will see people walking, sitting bending their knee and wishing mine would do that. I go to PT tomorrow so we'll see if I get any farther than 105.
I think you are wise getting it done. If I had to go back to work, I probably would have had something done, but luckily I can just keep workings it.
Do you just go in as outpatient? My therapist said here you go in, have it done and then go directly to PT.
 
I would love to bend to. Grrrr upsets me. But it's stiff. I know I am doing better. But the beds part is I know you can do it. Prayers for you and the bending and knowing you can do it. I pray for a good recovery and a good bend. Don't let your self get upset.


SonnysWife❤️
 
Kathy, my co-worker had her MUA the same day/same OS/right after my TKR on October 17th and went home the same day. She was sore at first but is back to work and very pleased with her outcome. You're going to sail thru this!
 
That sounds like something my OS would say :) I think it's a very quick in and out procedure isn't it? The last time I saw my OS he said he had done an MUA on another patient the day before. The guy only had 20 degrees flexion (I can't imagine that!) and after MUA he had 120. I hope you get a very bendy knee tomorrow and no increased discomfort or pain.
 
@Sonny'sWife thank you for the prayers.

@Clipless - OS said sore for a few days, ice and heel slides, gentle exercises through the weekend and then back to PT on Monday (only because they are not open on Friday lol) to keep and continue the bend. OS said he got 110 in surgery and will try to do the same tomorrow. After that it's up to me to really work the quads over the next several months to get any further as they were so weak before surgery. Before surgery I was 110-115 per OS notes. I would love to get to 120-125 but even at 110 it will be better than 86.
 
@Minnie's knees Always thinking about you, today, tomorrow and the recovery after!!

Think happy thoughts and you'll be great! Dancing and singing in no time!
 
:)Thanks @Ollie. I have no reservations about the MUA and hoping for a very positive outcome as I have been so frustrated the last 3 weeks. I just wish it would have been yesterday or last week. Having it done on Christmas eve is the worst part as I still had a couple of things to do for Christmas like baking cookies and wrapping 2 more gifts. But it is what it is on the timing as it will save $$ and no additional time off work. We will bake the cookies for New years instead.
 
Bending comes with time. I wish mine would hurry lol. They said baby the leg. It's real easy to do. Xxxx


SonnysWife❤️
 
Wishing you loads of luck, minimal pain and Christmas cheer! Can't wait to hear how you progress!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I will be thinking about you toady! I know you would much rather be baking Christmas cookies!
Hope all goes well and that the MUA will get your numbers up . Will check back on you and see how you are doing .
 
I am finally home. OS said he got it bent to about 115°. I was 110-115 before surgery. Definitely some swelling in the time I was in recovery and being discharged. Hospital PT estimated I was close to 100° without assistance when I was discharged. No actual measurements just eye balling it. OS did say it may drop a few degrees over next few days due to swelling but should come back as the swelling subsides.

My RA is in a major flare up the last couple of days which is also hindering the knee. So now back to heel slides a few times a day, bending and stretching exercises over the weekend and return to PT on Monday. My OS wants me to be more aggressive with PT and home exercises so I will have to find a happy median. I am currently elevating and icing.

Thank you everyone for the good wishes and positive thoughts. I really appreciate it.
 
Kathy, glad you're home and got some improvement. Did it increase your pain much? I hope your RA calms down soon! (((hugs)))
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom