Guest viewing is limited

TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Minnie's knees, well that's good to hear. We need all the encouragement we can get. Only those that live with us and truly see what we go through with this recovery understand.
 
@Minnie's knees Good for you for joining the gym. It will really help you gain ROM with the equipment they have there. I know how badly you want this and we're here to cheer you on!!

[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA [Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA [Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA
 
@gr82cu2 Thank you for the cheering me on. I definitely need it! I am feeling that I should be much further along even though I know the knee is the boss of me and will really try not to over to it. I am just hoping that going to the gym especially on non PT days and the weekend will help. I am not as good about my home exercises on the weekend and my knee is always a little tighter on Monday's. Hope you sleep well tonight.
 
@Minnie's knees Good for you at the gym!! And don't listen to others. Seriously! They think they mean well, but they can be so insensitive and so uninformed. This isn't a small bump or a little stubbed toe. You can't walk it off or 'push through the pain'. Slow and steady, listen to your knee, and do what you can as you can!!

You'll get there!!
 
@Ollie thanks for posting. You are right that people can be insensitive and sometimes without meaning to.

Nothing major just little comments like "you aren't back to work yet you have a desk job" "why are you still using a cane" and " its been 8 weeks, why can't you do this or that."

I thought I would be back to work by now, I thought my ROM would be better. But I didn't know there would be setbacks with other health issues that are not visable to others, like diabetes, RA, and liver functions.

I love this forum because everyone understands TKR recovery is not quick and not always easy. The support here is awesome and I hope I can encourage and support others when their recovery hits speed bumps like mine has. Slow and steady wins the race.
 
I went into work.still using stick several asked if I would be.back the.following weekn whilst I personally would love.employers liability insurance says no. Good luck adooodledoo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Minnie's knees, just checking in with you to see how you are doing. You are so correct that everyone heals in their own time. Some of us may have set backs because we have underlying issue which make the going tough as we are healing. You take your time. You go back to work in your own time. Don't push it. Hope the exercises help. Take good care of yourself my friend. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc thanks for stopping by. I will have to go back on Jan. 6th as I am out of time. I will be okay but work always thinks we can do more sooner. Yes the underlying health issues can be tough as we well know. Take care of yourself too.
 
@Clipless hi, hope you are still doing well. So crazy how TKR recovery can change so much day to day and week to week.
 
@Minnie's knees Don't worry about the cane - Like Legin, I'm still using my cane, too. Gives me a good sense of security with the weather so unpredictable, AND it is actually helping my 'old knee' be less cranky!

Just be kind to yourself and don't let the turkeys get you down!!
 
Good for you for joining the gym. Just ease in gradually.
 
Hi @Minnie's knees, well if you must go back you must. I did not feel I was ready to go back as I had three months to the date to go back or else my health insurance would stop along with my younger son's insurance. I would have to pay a heap of money to continue the insurance monthly so that got me back. It was okay. I was tired initially, but was able to get through the first day, then the second and so forth and so on. You will be fine. The anticipation is worse than actually doing it. Enjoy your time and rest while you can now. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Its a balance @Minnie's knees there is the finacial demands which if we dont or can't deal with put immense pressure and in.return raise stress level.whic affects.recovery. Against am I able and fit enough. So.decision.made.return but you have rights well in uk. And they cannot make you do.things that can.endanger your health. So.speak out lasss if it is needed. You know I am getting v worried about.me this being serious lark is growing. Hmmmm me thinks I must get hair cut and ask.for a perm. It has been.done. btw I'm folically chalenged

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom